Author Topic: Yet Another Embattled Conservative Bangs on the Screen Door...  (Read 6541 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Yet Another Embattled Conservative Bangs on the Screen Door...
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »
The "do unto others" test...

If someone kicks in your door and craps on your floor, they have no right to expect hospitable treatment.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 03:11:22 PM »

If someone kicks in your door and craps on your floor, they have no right to expect hospitable treatment.   ;)

Agreed.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »

Yep - but if one wants to be civil, one usually has to wait until that someone starts unzipping their pants and starts looking for the TP roll -- that is, assuming they wipe at all.  ::speechless::
U.S. Army, Retired

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »

Yep - but if one wants to be civil, one usually has to wait until that someone starts unzipping their pants and starts looking for the TP roll -- that is, assuming they wipe at all.  ::speechless::

I think you'll like it here. We can have very pointed and direct discussions, and sharp differences of opinion. But because we've all been down the road and back with the Leftists, we seem to have settled on a civil, friendly "culture" here. We're all pretty much appreciative of the fact that we're on the same "team".

I think I can speak for most here when I say that even when we differ, we truly enjoy each other. That's not necessarily true on other forums.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »

I think you'll like it here. We can have very pointed and direct discussions, and sharp differences of opinion. But because we've all been down the road and back with the Leftists, we seem to have settled on a civil, friendly "culture" here. We're all pretty much appreciative of the fact that we're on the same "team".

I think I can speak for most here when I say that even when we differ, we truly enjoy each other. That's not necessarily true on other forums.

Hear, Hear!!!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »
Oh, I've had a disagreement here and there with others but hey, I'm still here because overall we get each other!  hahaha

And sometimes it's fun to mix it up.    ::exitstageleft::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »
That's not necessarily true on other forums.

Truer words were never spoken. ::hat-tip::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline obumazombie

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »
Eupher!!!!!  ::snoopydance::  Glad you took my advice and came here! Methinks you'll like it!

A true and honest Conservative buddy from a forum on which I used to be a member!
^This !