Author Topic: Merged: Shutdown Theater  (Read 18418 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Merged: Shutdown Theater
« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »
only a “skeletal crew of National Park Service gardeners..remain on duty,”

the rest are banishing guns and setting up barrycades

you know the important stuff
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »

I wonder what this "garden" costs taxpayers otherwise.   Plenty, I am sure.   Hope the next president has enough sense to turn that "garden" back into lawn,  like it should be.   Not that I don't like gardens,  but lets be clear,  Michele isn't out there pulling weeds and picking vegetables.    She doesn't give a d@#n about it, as you can see in the pictures posted on that blog.  If she did,  she would be out there.  When the cameras go off,  she isn't "gardening". 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
Egregious!

After the Obama administration, for the second Sunday in a row, continued to prohibit approximately 50 Catholic priests from saying Mass and administering other sacraments at U.S. military facilities around the world, Father Ray Leonard, who serves as the Catholic chaplain at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia, filed suit Monday against the Department of Defense, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, the Department of the Navy, and Navy Secretary Ray Mabus.

DOD is prohibiting Father Leonard and the other Catholic priests from administering the sacraments and providing other services to their congregations even though two weeks ago Congress passed, and President Barack Obama signed, a law that instructed DOD to maintain on the job and keep paying contract employees who were supporting the troops.

DOD took this action because Hagel determined--after consulting with Attorney General Eric Holder's Justice Department--that civilian Catholic priests, working under contract as chaplains, did not, among other things, “contribute to the morale” and “well-being” of service personnel.

... “The doors to the Kings Bay Chapel were locked on October 4, 2013, with the Holy Eucharist, Holy water, Catholic hymn books, and vessels all locked inside,” said Father Leonard’s lawsuit.

... And although DOD locked the chapel against a Catholic priest and his congregation, it opened the chapel to members of other denominations.

"The Kings Bay Chapel remains open to other faiths and is being used for their religious services," says the lawsuit. "The Department of Defense has allowed the Protestant community to continue their services in the chapel during the government shutdown, without threat of penalty."

"On October 7, 2013," says the suit, "Father Leonard was informed that he was not permitted to even visit the chapel or his office on the Naval Base."

These priests NEED TO GO AND GET THEMSELVES ARRESTED!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »
yes, they do
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:57 PM »

I wonder what this "garden" costs taxpayers otherwise.   Plenty, I am sure.   Hope the next president has enough sense to turn that "garden" back into lawn,  like it should be.   Not that I don't like gardens,  but lets be clear,  Michele isn't out there pulling weeds and picking vegetables.    She doesn't give a d@#n about it, as you can see in the pictures posted on that blog.  If she did,  she would be out there.  When the cameras go off,  she isn't "gardening".
And you and I both know the First Wookie, isn't skilled enough to pick up a hoe or for that matter, work gloves. It was all a show for the limited minds of the morons that voted and cheated for these assholes to gain access to the Spite House. If that family had to depend on that garden for sustenance, they'd have already starved. Gardens take determination, hard work  and a desire to get something out of it none of which are qualities from the first freeloading family. ::cussing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

RickZ

« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2013, 03:57:02 AM »
These priests NEED TO GO AND GET THEMSELVES ARRESTED!!

Not to quibble, but all of us need to get arrested.  This Government war being waged against the American people has got to stop.  Now's about the last good time to draw a line.  Massive civil protests taking back our scenery, whether it be a cemetery, a memorial or the friggin' Grand Canyon.  The Government doesn't own us or our public property, we own ourselves, our property and the damn Government.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »
This is good. Whether it comes to anything, I don't know. But SC Rep. Trey Gowdy hands National Parks Director Jonathan Jarvis his ass on a silver platter and makes him eat it, by comparing the Park Service's lack of enforcing statue against "Occupiers", to erecting barricades at national monuments for no statutory reason on Day 1 of Shutdown Theater.

Trey Gowdy Berates National Parks Director for Favoring 'Pot-Smoking' Occupiers Over 'Veterans'
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »
He did it because he was ordered to not enforce the law on the OWS clowns in the one instance and because he was ordered to be a pain in the ass to veterans by a POS who is allowed to do anything he wants to no matter what law is broken and ignored.  This clown is no different in action than Himmler...and if it is allowed to continue a future Himmler will come along.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2013, 04:29:59 AM »
While we already knew this applied to politicians, this shut down theater has proven there are no men (or women) of good conscience in government.  None.  Bloodsuckers all.

How many employees resigned when given such BS orders?  I've not heard of one.  Men of good conscience, gone.  Apparachikville, A-OK.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »
While we already knew this applied to politicians, this shut down theater has proven there are no men (or women) of good conscience in government.  None.  Bloodsuckers all.

How many employees resigned when given such BS orders?  I've not heard of one.  Men of good conscience, gone.  Apparachikville, A-OK.

Yup.

Some people will rediscover how easily it is for idiots to hand over complete control of their lives to a dictator..others will be reminding them of the consequences of that at several hundreds of feet per second...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

Yup.

Some people will rediscover how easily it is for idiots to hand over complete control of their lives to a dictator..others will be reminding them of the consequences of that at several hundreds of feet per second...

It's part of human nature to want to divorce oneself from responsibility and consequence. Not just in the obvious examples -- the wards of the state suckled on ill gotten gain -- but the nomenklatura too. By submitting to a strong man dictator or a massive state apparatus, they effectively (in their minds anyway) have liberated themselves from the personal responsibility and consequences of their actions. Now they can do all these things but it's not really their fault you see, no, because they were "just doing their job".

The Founders were deeply inspired by scripture, contrary to the modern revisionist effort to cast them as irreligious humanists. They were inspired by the Bible's consistent message that Man is born into sinfulness, and it is impossible for him to redeem himself without God. The best he can do is try to rein in and mitigate his sinful tendencies, and the Founders very clearly designed this republic with just that in mind. The whole system was arranged on the fundamental assumption that people are POS and they should be systematically stymied by checks and balances. Let the ambitions and prejudices of equally POS officials work against them so that neither of them can soil the entire nest. It was a really quite genius move of using Man's moral and ethical failings in service to something positive.

But of course the Devil has whispered into many ears over the generations and they have been short circuiting one failsafe after another, to undo the checks and balances and allow power to become concentrated. It can't be repaired now, the damage has already been done. It's sort of like the saying among GIs in the European Theater of WWII: the shortest way home is through Berlin. We're going to have to endure the storm and let it rain itself out before we can begin to recover from its damages.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly