Author Topic: Another suspension for hand "gun"  (Read 2844 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Another suspension for hand "gun"
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:39:25 AM »
8-Year-Old Florida Boy Suspended for Making Gun Shape With Fingers: ‘It Was a Game’

... “There was nothing in his hand. He used his thumb and index finger,” Bonnie Bennett told WKMG-TV. “It was a game.  He made no threatening advances or threats to harm anyone. No words were said.”

... The school, on the other hand, said the game crossed the line established by the district’s code of conduct. A school representative told WKMG while they can’t give specifics into the incident, it was reviewed and found in violation of school policy. The school did not specify the specific code violation that was grounds for the suspension.

So.  No specific "code" violation, but it's in violation of "school policy".

These people are lunatics who dislike guns and little boys.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Another suspension for hand "gun"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
I'm really tired of people using their fears to trample over others.

Put these people on a reality show where they have to learn to use a gun.  Now that would be funny.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »
That's just it; what fear?  Whatthehell is there to fear from a little boy making his hand into a gun?  And I'd ask them to spare me the "future terrorist/mass murderer in the making" bullsht.

No, what they're doing, deliberately, is brainwashing children into self-censoring gun thoughts.  They're training the Second Amendment right out of them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »
It was a "hand"!   ::gaah::

What are they gonna do?  Ban hands?  Cut them off like batsh*tcrazy muzzies?

I hate these people...when the SHTF these people are toast!

Oh, and not all of them hate little boys...some pay a lot of disturbing kind of attention to them, IYKWIMAIKYD!

Hey progs, ban this!   ::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 04:34:33 AM »
I bought my sons cap guns and air rifles from the time they were old enough to play with them . Guess what ? They both joined the military and were in the second Gulf War . Maybe that's what these "educators" are trying to stop . If they finally have their way , we won't HAVE a military .   ::rockets::

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:01:01 AM »
My Mom told me this story about when I was 3 or 4.  It was early in the morning and I was in the garage with a  hammer and rolls of caps.  I was laying the caps on the concrete floor and using the hammer to explode them.  Some neighbor (back before 1960!) called the police.  A cop came and walked up to me in the garage, asking me what I was doing.  I proudly told him I was shooting caps.  At about that time, my then next door best bud walked over while wiping sleep from his eyes.  The cop asked him what he was going to do and he said, shoot some caps.  No one was arrested, no items seized nor was my Mom detained for child abuse.  How far we've sunk.

On that note, here's a feel good story, with pictures.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu168.htm

Cooper's First Birthday and His First Rifle

The last pic says it all and would make a great pro 2nd Amendment ad.  It would sent the right people into fits of paroxysm, with apoplexy not far behind.

A good grand uncle.  But they also must be good parents to 'allow' such a gift for their young 'un.  How many parents today would quail at the thought of their year old little angel being anywhere near such an evil device, much less be within touching distance?  May his aim be true because the way things are going, he'll have a lot of shooting to do in his future.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »
Of the same background Rick!   ::thumbsup::

Nice story on Cooper, sounds like a solid family all around!   ::bustamove::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »
cap guns  ;D

I love hitting those caps with a hammer.

I had brothers-can you tell?

My mom once bought them toy rifles and me a "nice" toy guitar when I was 6.  I insisted she return the guitar and get me the rifle like them.   ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
cap guns  ;D

I love hitting those caps with a hammer.

I had brothers-can you tell?

My mom once bought them toy rifles and me a "nice" toy guitar when I was 6.  I insisted she return the guitar and get me the rifle like them.   ;D

You sure you aren't my sister?   ::saywhat::   ;D

I don't know how many times I got the lecture from my father..."stop ditching your little sister! be nice to her, she's your only sister!"   ::facepalm::

"Dad, she takes my (toy) M-16, my (plastic) Army helmet and follows me and my friends around!  And she gets into my caps, and all my stuff!"

::gaah::

Plus, my brother picked on me so naturally...stuff rolls down hill.   ;D

I take credit for making her tough.   ;)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »

heh

I'm the oldest.

My brothers and I used to fight all the time.  ::whatgives::

We got especially adept at discreetly punching each other at church like little brats.  Always loved how afterwards the little old ladies would tell mom how adorable we were.  ::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 07:19:12 AM »

heh

I'm the oldest.

My brothers and I used to fight all the time.  ::whatgives::

We got especially adept at discreetly punching each other at church like little brats.  Always loved how afterwards the little old ladies would tell mom how adorable we were.  ::facepalm::

And the back seat to and from, eh?

"He touched me!"  "Did not!"  "Stay on your own side!"

Father - "Don't make me come back there!" (Large hairy arm flailing blindly in search of flesh to squeeze!)

Ahh, memories...

;D

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »
ah, yes

Don't make me come back there!

Oh, man the few times dad pulled the car over--well, let's just say the car was pretty quiet after.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
My folks double-teamed us; Dad would yell, Mom would twist around in the front seat and start swinging.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »
I guess I had it good, Mom would just referee, rarely got in the mix...her favorite line when alone was "Wait till your father gets home!", and I usually took that to mean I better haul ass and have all the fun I can somewhere else because later on fun time will be over...I mean if I am gonna get it anyway might as well earn it.

Yeah, I was a handful...   ::evil::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »

No, what they're doing, deliberately, is brainwashing children into self-censoring gun thoughts.  They're training the Second Amendment right out of them.

I'm in the generation (age 39) when schools started to be rabidly anti-gun.  It didn't help that both the public and my private high schools had shooting incidents (teachers were shot by mentally ill students) the same year.   Ask anyone under age 40 and you won't hear  very many stories of in school gun clubs or anything like that.    We grew up in the era when in school shooting ranges and clubs were closing down all the time and new school buildings were never built with ranges anymore.   I only know of gun clubs in rural schools,  none really exist in suburban and urban schools anymore.   I cannot imagine any school employee being ok with a gun on school property.   Bring up guns and watch the freaking out.

And of course they did little about the mental illnesses of the two kids pulling the triggers.   So nothing has changed about that in the last two decades.

They are most certainly trying (and its working) to drum out the 2nd Amendment.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »
...Ask anyone under age 40 and you won't hear  very many stories of in school gun clubs or anything like that...

It's almost inexplicable in this liberal hellhole of Minnesota - but we have high school trap-shooting clubs. Not an official school-sanctioned sport that a kid can letter in, but organized through the schools nonetheless.

It must be pure inertia from our hunting and outdoorsman heritage, because otherwise I can't imagine the Leftists would tolerate it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »
Probably helps that their only shooting clay disks and not hunting.   Though those go against the green religion now a days too,  since they don't like the lead (from the spent ammo) that is left over.     Had some greenies trying to shut one down around here because they thought (no proof of course) that it was contaminating a stream.    I can tell you if they were,  they would have been fined,  because round here if you dump something they will track it back to you post haste (amazing how fast they manage to do that). 

The Minnesota outdoor culture is pretty nice and fun,  until people open their mouths and start talking politics. 

Of course most nature parks would have even less funding if it wasn't for all the fees that hunters pay.   Do liberals really think people will still pay those fees when they outlaw hunting?   They should be kissing every hunter butt that goes through all the hoops to legally hunt and fish. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »
I'm really tired of people using their fears to trample over others.

Put these people on a reality show where they have to learn to use a gun.  Now that would be funny.

Yes. That mentality has become widespread. For example you will see laws that say open carry is legal, yet if someone reports that they "feel" unsafe then that is all it takes to abridge another person's right and to threaten them with a "brandishing" or "terroristic display" charge.

And it's not just guns either. We've pretty much altered our entire culture so that it's now based on the lowest common denominator, and they're usually hypothetical at that. When did we go from requiring objective and reasonable evidence that someone's rights were being infringed or otherwise jeopardized, to the point now that someone merely has to say they "feel" this or they "feel" that? It's an extension of the permanent childhood. Go run and tell teacher!

You hear this crap all the time. Some variation of "I have a right to feel safe". Well no, actually you don't. You don't have a right to feel one way or another, particularly not when using it as a basis to dictate what others can and can't do. A lot of the problems we have now come from nothing more complex than excessive coddling and pandering to wimps and whiners. This whole country would do well with a nice warm glass of STFU.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

You hear this crap all the time. Some variation of "I have a right to feel safe". Well no, actually you don't. You don't have a right to feel one way or another, particularly not when using it as a basis to dictate what others can and can't do.

I would like to BE  safe from leftists advocating that I give up my rights so they can  feel safe. Hey! I just thought of a way to solve both problems. If I kill the liberal they can feel safe knowing they can now never be hurt and I can feel safe because they will finally stop running their sh*t filled mouths.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:56 PM »
The rights we have are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The rest of the so-called "rights" are bovine feces.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.