Author Topic: Photobucket  (Read 3151 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Photobucket
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »
As some of you know, both my desktop and laptop computers took a dump about the same time this spring.

Does anyone know how to retrieve photos I put out on Photobucket? I have 75 pics out there from our trip to Ireland, but I think I've lost the originals I had on my former computers.

Maybe I can't do it, but it seems like it should be possible.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
You should be able to log on to Photobucket and download them to what ever computer you're on at the moment.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
You should be able to log on to Photobucket and download them to what ever computer you're on at the moment.

Yup. Your photobucket account can be accessed with your photobucket username and password no matter what device you're using to access the account.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »

Yup. Your photobucket account can be accessed with your photobucket username and password no matter what device you're using to access the account.

Oh, I do that with no problem. But I don't see anything that allows me to copy my pics BACK to myself.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

Oh, I do that with no problem. But I don't see anything that allows me to copy my pics BACK to myself.

I see. What kind of device are you on? PC? Mac? Tablet? Phone?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
MAC PC

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
Thanks!

I'll work on it. I can't click on the Download option for a photo for some unknown reason.

Maybe I should try it on my WIN8 laptop.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 01:33:52 PM »
Thanks!

I'll work on it. I can't click on the Download option for a photo for some unknown reason.

Maybe I should try it on my WIN8 laptop.

Maybe try navigating to the picture, and instead of clicking "download", perhaps try a control>click (mac) or right-click (win). Either of those may bring up a download option in a dropdown menu.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »
Thanks for the info!

It did work pn the laptop.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »
perhaps try a control>click (mac) /quote]

I couldn't get that to work for me.

I did use the MAC, though. I saved the file to a folder with a new name. SHAZAAM! I got 'em!  ::thumbsup::    ::cool::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
Good.  Glad something worked for you.  Computer issues are one of the things that get me to tearing out me hair.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »
Good.  Glad something worked for you.  Computer issues are one of the things that get me to tearing out me hair.

Been there often. Got the souvenir t-shirt.