Author Topic: The Sort of Thing The Left/Media (But I Repeat Myself) Like To Point To Re Guns  (Read 828 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
LINK

Intruder with major arrest record breaks into home.

Homeowner shoots intruder dead.

Cops show up and are forced to kill homeowner.

This is where the media would normally leave the story. Except for the preaching. "If you own a gun you are going to end up getting yourself killed!" That's what they say. The media. The Brady people.

Truth is though that in this case the homeowner was apparently crazy...

The Dallas Morning News reports police did not realize 57-year-old William Keith Hall was defending his home when they arrived, and that Hall ignored the officers’ repeated demands he drop his weapon.

Maj. Jeff Cotner tells the paper Hall pointed a pistol at police officers and witnesses on the scene, and that he had plenty of time to “de-escalate the situation.”

“He was given plenty of notice, and he didn’t choose a path other than to confront officers,” Cotner said.

Hall also allegedly pointed his gun at a contractor working on a house nearby who called 911 after hearing the shots.

The caller, later identified as David Humphrey, told authorities Hall was yelling at witnesses to get away from the man who allegedly broke into his home, identified as 30-year-old Jerry Wayne Hale, after he shot him. Humphrey said Hall tried to fire at the witnesses but his gun was apparently jammed.

I don't know about you but if I had just drilled an intruder and then noticed that the cops had arrived I would be putting my gun down. I would put it down very slowly and keep my hands in plain sight. I also would not attempt to shoot my neighbors. You know...people that I have seen living next door. Or contractors. Bystanders.

Sure, it did happen at night so maybe he was confused. Maybe he thought that a whole gang had come to rob him. But that doesn't excuse refusing the instructions of law enforcement telling him to put his gun down or pointing it at what must have been very obviously uniformed officers with very obvious cars with flashing lights.

So...he was insane and who knows? Maybe he would have gone on a rampage someday and shot up the neighborhood himself.

But the media will probably not play it that way. They will say that it was "guns" that did it. If only he hadn't owned a gun he would still be alive.

Maybe.

If the intruder didn't kill him. We'll never know.

What we do know is that he had to have been nuts to act the way he did.

But he did at least do society a favor and killed off a career criminal before he got himself killed.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
LINK

Intruder with major arrest record breaks into home.

Homeowner shoots intruder dead.

Cops show up and are forced to kill homeowner.

This is where the media would normally leave the story. Except for the preaching. "If you own a gun you are going to end up getting yourself killed!" That's what they say. The media. The Brady people.

Truth is though that in this case the homeowner was apparently crazy...

The Dallas Morning News reports police did not realize 57-year-old William Keith Hall was defending his home when they arrived, and that Hall ignored the officers’ repeated demands he drop his weapon.

Maj. Jeff Cotner tells the paper Hall pointed a pistol at police officers and witnesses on the scene, and that he had plenty of time to “de-escalate the situation.”

“He was given plenty of notice, and he didn’t choose a path other than to confront officers,” Cotner said.

Hall also allegedly pointed his gun at a contractor working on a house nearby who called 911 after hearing the shots.

The caller, later identified as David Humphrey, told authorities Hall was yelling at witnesses to get away from the man who allegedly broke into his home, identified as 30-year-old Jerry Wayne Hale, after he shot him. Humphrey said Hall tried to fire at the witnesses but his gun was apparently jammed.

I don't know about you but if I had just drilled an intruder and then noticed that the cops had arrived I would be putting my gun down. I would put it down very slowly and keep my hands in plain sight. I also would not attempt to shoot my neighbors. You know...people that I have seen living next door. Or contractors. Bystanders.

Sure, it did happen at night so maybe he was confused. Maybe he thought that a whole gang had come to rob him. But that doesn't excuse refusing the instructions of law enforcement telling him to put his gun down or pointing it at what must have been very obviously uniformed officers with very obvious cars with flashing lights.

So...he was insane and who knows? Maybe he would have gone on a rampage someday and shot up the neighborhood himself.

But the media will probably not play it that way. They will say that it was "guns" that did it. If only he hadn't owned a gun he would still be alive.

Maybe.

If the intruder didn't kill him. We'll never know.

What we do know is that he had to have been nuts to act the way he did.

But he did at least do society a favor and killed off a career criminal before he got himself killed.

Don't know. That is the second "old guy" who has  gotten himself killed by police in a nationally covered story. One must imagine there is more to this picture.  Perhaps a general understanding that the Law is a crap shoot now, and that his chances of being put away for (the rest of ) his life for "murdering" this thug were just about as good (or better)  than him being proclaimed blameless. So he decided it was time for suicide by cop, because he has just had it.   The problem when the Regime can't be trusted to handle anyone's case fairly is that the regime can't be trusted to handle anyone's case fairly.  Just ask any White Hispanic.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Yeah, but he was observed by witnesses (not law enforcement) to be threatening witnesses. This wasn't a situation where the only people involved were the police and the deceased. If that was the case I would be more suspicious of the outcome.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
For some odd reason I can't help but wonder who is his health care provider. Maybe he thought that was the best option if he had issues?

Then again, it's late and I'm tired.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I'm with Alan, need mroe info...perhaps death by cop, but if death was the goal why shoot the intruder, just let him shoot you and have family collect the insurance...would make the media happy too I guess...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.