Author Topic: Pet Peeves - What's yours???  (Read 18292 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Pet Peeves - What's yours???
« on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:21 AM »
I'll start it off.

One my major pet peeves is when everyone refers to 'fundamentalist' Islamists to equate them with 'fundamentalist Christians. I also mentioned in another thread a pet peeve of mine when people refer to putting our military in harms way, or endangering them.

Another one is I hate it when I get fruit cakes for Christmas!! Gag me!!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline michelleo

Re: Pet Peeves - What's yours???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »
When you're checking out at the grocery store, there's a long line, and the cashier stops and just yaks it up with the customer they're helping, keeping everyone else waiting.   ::cussing::  Similarly, when a customer being checked out isn't ready to pay by the time they're groceries are rung up.  No Soup for You!!

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
When you're checking out at the grocery store, there's a long line, and the cashier stops and just yaks it up with the customer they're helping, keeping everyone else waiting.   ::cussing::  Similarly, when a customer being checked out isn't ready to pay by the time they're groceries are rung up.  No Soup for You!!

you're right! I can't stand it when I'm standing in line behind someone who starts looking for their money or credit card AFTER the cashier rang everything up. You just wanta slap'em.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:29:51 AM »
To quote George Carlin, "I don't have pet peeves -- I have psychotic f**king hatreds".

Man, there's so many. Traffic-related ones alone could produce a 50 page thread. I detest people who hold up the flow of traffic in the fast lane, especially when lanes to the right are available. And what about people who get in line at the grocery store, and then meander off to browse for other items, as if the whole line is obligated to respect their use of the shopping cart as a placeholder.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

@#
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
Traffic related:

Left turns at controlled intersections. 
The car in front is making a left turn, on a green light the driver waits behind the crosswalk line until oncoming traffic  is clear.  NUTS!  Move straight forward into the intersection until you have clearance then go.  It is legal and at the very least one car will clear on the red and maybe two.  Pulling up creates a condition "go" instead of condition "zombie" with the driver changing radio stations or eating chicken until a flagman comes out and waves him on.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »
Traffic related:
Don't use turn signals when you want to change lanes, otherwise, you might as well fagetaboutit!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:36:38 AM »
People.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:40:16 AM »
The relentlessly unending use of the words "tansparency" and "unsustainable" ...

Also hearing someone referred to as a "Nimrod" ... as a derogatory term . The A**HOLES you use the term better find out who Nimrod was !  ::gaah::

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »
I hate it when people turn wide left when making a right hand turn. They force others to swerve or hit their brakes because the left lane is full of other cars driving by. I guess the dame thing happens when people swerve wide right when making a left turn. Doesn't happen as much but still. I also get discusted with Somali Women drivers......pretty much everything they do is wrong. Dirving too slow including slow in the fast lane. They either don't use blinker or forget to turn it off if they do. Using both feet to drive also pisses me off to no end.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »
Oooo...ooooo. I remember another one. I hate it when people thank you for your military service then bash the military. One of the biggest examples is that George Bush was murdering mothers children and babies in Iraq and Afgahnistan. Unless he was pulling the trigger or pushing the button, then it was military personnel who was doing the killing. They can't seem to grasp it. That's what the military does is kill. So if Bush is a murderer then the people who exicuted the orders are also murderers. The libtards can't seem to grasp that. Never mind that if it was an illegal order, the military presonnel are required to disregard an unlawful order. That's a little too much for them to grasp.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Janny

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 12:29:54 PM »

Offline Janny

Re: @#
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »
Traffic related:
Left turns at controlled intersections. 
The car in front is making a left turn, on a green light the driver waits behind the crosswalk line until oncoming traffic  is clear.  NUTS!  Move straight forward into the intersection until you have clearance then go.  It is legal and at the very least one car will clear on the red and maybe two.  Pulling up creates a condition "go" instead of condition "zombie" with the driver changing radio stations or eating chicken until a flagman comes out and waves him on.

Yes! I think it's a west coast thing. I never encountered it in the Chicago area. Stupid people!

I have also noticed in the last couple of years, people have begun to SHOP the way they DRIVE. As if nobody else is in the store/on the road. You're trying to get through an aisle, and a shopper is standing, staring at the shelf, with their cart right in the middle of the aisle, so you can't get by.

"Excuse me?"

Nothing.

Louder. "Excuse me!"

"Oh! Did you want to get by?"

*rolling eyes*

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
I don't like cafeterias any more because I always end up behind dummies that have to have every dish explained to them and they don't understand spanish; heck I don't understand spanish either, but I know what I want to eat even before I go in.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »
Barack Hussein Obama's sibilant "S". The way his head moves back and forth between the right and left teleprompter. The way he tilts his head and puts his nose in the air. The way he drops consonants when he talks to Blacks. The shape of his head. The look on his face. His woman's bottom jaw, her fat ass, and people fawning over her toned arms.

I'll think of more later.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »
Barack Hussein Obama's sibilant "S". The way his head moves back and forth between the right and left teleprompter. The way he tilts his head and puts his nose in the air. The way he drops consonants when he talks to Blacks. The shape of his head. The look on his face. His woman's bottom jaw, her fat ass, and people fawning over her toned arms.

I'll think of more later.

now those are some excellent pet peeves   ::bows::

::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
Grocery store: The idiot that's in line in front of you and looks up to complain about prices, I always ask them if they didn't know what it cost till now?? It was high when you picked it up it didn't just jump up in price at the register.

Driving in Florida: Signal lights don't exist.
                         STOP signs are at best are a suggestion and yield signs are for other people.

Politics: the use of the words "Historic" "unprecedented"  "the notion that"
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
Re: @#
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »
  It is legal and at the very least one car will clear on the red and maybe two. 

Unless you drive around here where at least 4 to 6 cars will "sneak" through on the yellow (really red light) causing the other lanes to have to wait when they have a green because those folks wouldn't wait their turns.  Which gets worse during rush hour where the people who had to wait then jam into the intersection causing the next group of cars to wait  and so it goes because no one wants to wait.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »

Driving in Florida: Signal lights don't exist.

4-way stops!

Does anyone know how they work? No one around here and we have plenty.  But what people do around here is either just go and ignore everyone else or try to wave you on when you're waving them on!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »

Driving in Florida:Turn Signal lights don't exist.

4-way stops!

Does anyone know how they work? No one around here and we have plenty.  But what people do around here is either just go and ignore everyone else or try to wave you on when you're waving them on!

All stop signs.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
... but I know what I want to eat even before I go in.

But not those people in front of me at Micky D's!  They have to read the menu first. Oh and not while they were in line before it was their turn. Nope they have to decide as the cashier is poised to ring them up.  How hard is it to know what to get from McDonald's?