Author Topic: Greetings and hallucinations  (Read 2648 times)

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
Greetings and hallucinations
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
As you've already probably guessed from my screen name, I'm a retired Navyman and currently live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia with my wife, Mrs Sailor.  Don't know what else to add except there is nothing "neo" about my conservatism.  I'm conservative with a strong libertarian leaning.  When in doubt my default position is freedom as in get the government the hell out of my life and my wallet, it's thin enough already.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Greetings and hallucinations
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »
Welcome, and thanks for your service!

May I ask how you came upon our site?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:11:52 PM »
hello!

My husband was born in Norfolk and we still have family there. His great grandfather was in the Navy which is how the family ended up there.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »

I was honored to be allowed to serve.  I ran across a "shameless plug" on one of the discussions on Gateway Pundit's site.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »

I was honored to be allowed to serve.  I ran across a "shameless plug" on one of the discussions on Gateway Pundit's site.

Ah, my breadcrumb worked! Thanks for following it here!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
d'Nada shipmate.  I'm always on the lookout for someplace where I can vent.

Hey, do any libs hang out here?  Target practice is such fun!   ::laserkill::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
d'Nada shipmate.  I'm always on the lookout for someplace where I can vent.

Hey, do any libs hang out here?  Target practice is such fun!   ::laserkill::

Ah.  Another torturer.  You're gonna have fight trapeze for what few sally forth before one or the other of us zap 'em.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
Welcome aboard OldSailor, there is more than one old squid   ;)  about and a few of our Coastie brothers as well!  I like your political leanings, they'll be in line here.  And as far as torturing libiots goes, you got to pay attention and act quick, they tend to have a short lifespan here...being as they cannot help reverting to their natural vile state!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »
Welcome aboard! I'm one of the Coasties!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

Thanks mate.  Between you and me I've got a lot of respect for the USCG, we both have faced a common foe, the sea and lived to tell the tales.

::USA::

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »

Thanks mate.  Between you and me I've got a lot of respect for the USCG, we both have faced a common foe, the sea and lived to tell the tales.

::USA::

Thank you, OldSailor. We vets have mutual respect for each other.  ::USA::

Let me know of you're interested in a few true Coast Guard stories that I had published on the Internet.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline obumazombie

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »
11 years in the USN for me. I was on the aviation side aka brownshoe. I never wanted to be a seaman, and certainly never wanted to go on to being a discharged seaman ! Welcome to the forum even though I am newer than you. I hope your stay is long and prosperous !