Author Topic: Pretty Cool - 38 Things to Know About Candy Before Getting Your Halloween Fix  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/27/38-things-to-know-about-candy-before-getting-your-halloween-fix/

A few excerpts:

-Jelly Belly might have created the blue jelly bean for Reagan’s inauguration, but the president favored the licorice flavor.
-How many licks to the center of a Toostie pop? 364 licks — get counting.
-What is the Dum Dum lollipop’s “mystery flavor”? It’s the flavor that results when one flavor ends on the production line and another picks up.
-Believe it or not Cheerios once paired its cereal with Circus Peanuts candy — those spongy, thumb-size orange candies. Although not a success, it did inspire Lucky Charms. <- Found that one gross, but very interesting
-Swallowing gum…no it won’t stay in your stomach for years. It will pass normally.
-Milk Duds are actually duds, a mistake. Initially, the manufacturer wanted nice round balls. When the machine failed, the imperfections of the duds stuck.

More at the link above.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:16:47 PM by Maddy »

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
Derp! Thanks, Rick!  ;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Damned Academy has Jelly Belly right there by the cash register. I'm weak... ::pullhair::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

Yeah, bad ink.  That Whitely woman, Mooch's classmate, stole my 'L' so she could get the ACA contract because, without that 'L', she's just another honky.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Who that, Rick?  The Grimms?   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

A bing image search for 'bad ink'.  Some were pretty horrid, but these little gremlins won my 'eeny meeny' pick.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

A bing image search for 'bad ink'.  Some were pretty horrid, but these little gremlins won my 'eeny meeny' pick.

Yeah, they just creep me out.  It's like the people under the stairs kinda creepy.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
Yeah, bad ink.  That Whitely woman, Mooch's classmate, stole my 'L' so she could get the ACA contract because, without that 'L', she's just another honky.

Whoa! Yeah....that's just...well, wrong::speechless::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
She's got ..... shudder ......ZOMBIES!! tattooed on her back!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"