Author Topic: Court Says Holder Can't Stop Fast And Furious Truth Search  (Read 871 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Court Says Holder Can't Stop Fast And Furious Truth Search
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »
Court Says Holder Can't Stop Fast And Furious Truth Search
19 Comments

Posted 10/01/2013 06:19 PM ET

Scandal: The truth about how and why Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata and hundreds of Mexican nationals were killed with weapons supplied by this administration may yet come out as a court lets a lawsuit proceed.

The most transparent administration in history suffered a defeat Monday, when U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson turned down the Justice Department's request to dismiss a lawsuit seeking "Fast and Furious" documents hidden by Attorney General Eric Holder and the Justice Department after President Obama invoked executive privilege.

The lawsuit was brought by Rep. Darrell Issa's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee after the president asserted executive privilege to prevent records about the administration's response to the "Operation Fast and Furious" gun-running scandal from being turned over to Congress.

The administration's position was that the oversight committee's demand for information and documents was settled by a Feb. 4, 2011, letter to Congress in which Assistant Attorney General Ron Welch, in response to the investigations by Issa and Sen. Chuck Grassley of the Fast and Furious "gun-walking" program run out of ATF's Phoenix office, stated that the "allegation that ATF 'sanctioned' or otherwise knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons . . . is false."

The Justice Department refused to turn over any documents after the date of the letter, contending there was nothing more to see and Congress should just move on.

When Oversight sued to get those documents, the administration argued that if the lawsuit were allowed to proceed, every new request for documents would be unjustifiably subject to litigation.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/100113-673326-fast-and-furious-document-lawsuit-proceeds.htm#ixzz2gd0YQjhR
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Court Says Holder Can't Stop Fast And Furious Truth Search
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
The Justice Department refused to turn over any documents after the date of the letter, contending there was nothing more to see and Congress should just move on.

Oh, there's a winning argument.  Why haven't other defendants used that?  ::facepalm::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »

Oh, there's a winning argument.  Why haven't other defendants used that?  ::facepalm::

Really? Seems like I've heard that once or twice - a month - from this administration.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 11:12:20 PM »

Really? Seems like I've heard that once or twice - a month - from this administration.

I was being sarcastic.  ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »
I knew that! Just razzing ya a bit!!!!  ::hysterical::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 11:19:33 PM »
you got me

::saywhat::

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:21:38 PM »
 :P

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 07:27:29 AM »
Wake me up when impeachment is initiated...

I think I could be in for a really long slumber...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Finrod

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 09:05:11 PM »

Someone needs to tell Obama and the Justice Department that their midichlorian count is nowhere near as high as they seem to think it is.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 09:27:11 PM »

Someone needs to tell Obama and the Justice Department that their midichlorian count is nowhere near as high as they seem to think it is.
Plenty of steaming pile though ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »
They are daring the Congress to invade the building and seize the documents...and the Regime knows the Congress is a bunch of candyasses...

The whole town needs to be purged...

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »
They are daring the Congress to invade the building and seize the documents...and the Regime knows the Congress is a bunch of candyasses...

... and the asshats involved in running Fast and Furious need to be populating jail cells.  Most of them would look good in orange, especially Obama and Holder.   

Please, please please Father, let someone in the House grow a pair.  ::praying::
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 07:49:23 PM »

... and the asshats involved in running Fast and Furious need to be populating jail cells.  Most of them would look good in orange, especially Obama and Holder.   

Please, please please Father, let someone in the House grow a pair.  ::praying::

Amen  ::praying::
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »

After the last budget cave, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm starting to believe the country is lost.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »

After the last budget cave, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm starting to believe the country is lost.

The land is fine, what infests great sections of it is a total loss soon to be written off and forgotten to all time...