Author Topic: Somewhere Over the Rainbow  (Read 666 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »
We watched this classic film again last night (family movie night)...& I was reminded that, nice as the Judy Garland version is, that a Sumo wrestler sized man, armed with only a ukelele can cause considerable impact upon my emotions if he strikes the right chord.

OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo?ole
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
Hey - apologies - I didn't realize this was such an overplayed song. We, literally watch ZERO TV - and when I cross-posted on Facebook - my younger brother says he likes the version but can't watch it due to saturation. I can't remember the last time I turned on the TV (June/July - & maybe for 10 minutes of Food Network).
 ;)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Hey - apologies - I didn't realize this was such an overplayed song. We, literally watch ZERO TV - and when I cross-posted on Facebook - my younger brother says he likes the version but can't watch it due to saturation. I can't remember the last time I turned on the TV (June/July - & maybe for 10 minutes of Food Network).
 ;)

The night I egan to face that I loved the woman who has since become my wife, this song played in a movie, called 50 first dates.  There are special things in life that should NOT be shared sparingly.  The thing is, I have never know, until YOU shared this, that he was such a large man who sang this song.......and I myself was once a 500 lb man.....and yet she loved me. For me, you posting this was special. Have no fear, move as the spirit leads you. SOMEONE may be blessed by you. I was.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 02:21:38 PM »
So I take it that the fella has passed on, and those were his ashes being spilled into the ocean?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
Yes. I went from remembering I heard a song on the radio 6-7 years ago, to looking it up on You.Tube after watching the Wizard of Oz, to learning of his size & short life (died @ 38 due to complications of weight + respiratory - he at one time weighed 740+ pounds) & then learning that everyone else on the planet, except me, has heard it played many times over on commercials.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:39:21 PM »
 ;)

Don't apologize.  I've rarely heard it -- but always liked it -- and never seen the vid, so thank you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"