Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 131125 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #520 on: December 13, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »
Recent beatdowns have made another physical buying opportunity if anybody has a notion to aquire...don't forget to schedule the boat trip too.

;)

Don't know how long the buying window will stay open...at some point the supply has to tighten and the scheming will be forced to end...

Seen warnings like this before...just waiting for the when at this point, the if is no longer in doubt...

ETA 12/19 - Wow, down to 1202.20 & 19.28, that paltry $5B/Mo Fed taper gave reassurance to stawks and they took it out on PMs.  I gotta put a small order in at these prices!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:36:10 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #521 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:53 AM »
Interesting read.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-08/23-reasons-be-bullish-gold

Seeing Darth Soros swim into the mining companies sure makes me nervous!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #522 on: January 20, 2014, 07:38:28 AM »
Take away for me is...they probably got all they could scrounge up...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-19/germany-has-recovered-paltry-5-tons-gold-ny-fed-after-one-year

Anybody still think Ft Knox or 33 Liberty Street or anywhere else in the US of A has big stacks of gold in it?  If so, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I can let ya have real cheap!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2014, 11:55:13 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-27/scrambling-gold-mints-around-world-plead-we-can%E2%80%99t-meet-demand

This is one crazy assed world we live in!

Neo-Keynesian masters of the universe use every crooked means to beat PMs down, make it attractive for people to load up at cheap prices, all to prop up the illusion that stocks and bonds and the dollar are such swell investments...and then minters go apenuts trying to keep up with demand so that demand doesn't cause peices to shoot up...

I can't wait to see what happens when there is nothing left to buy!

Kinda puts that Darth Soros mining stock play into perspective, now doesn't it?

Let's all buy whatever we can, and see if we can hasten the day, OK?!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-27/scrambling-gold-mints-around-world-plead-we-can%E2%80%99t-meet-demand

This is one crazy assed world we live in!

Neo-Keynesian masters of the universe use every crooked means to beat PMs down, make it attractive for people to load up at cheap prices, all to prop up the illusion that stocks and bonds and the dollar are such swell investments...and then minters go apenuts trying to keep up with demand so that demand doesn't cause peices to shoot up...

I can't wait to see what happens when there is nothing left to buy!

I have been thinking about that.. I think TPTB have too much of a vested interest in Comex to let it fail. They need it to suppress gold prices, right? Paper gold is basically a fractional reserve system.. they are  offering  more contracts than can be settled by physical and then buying the vast majority themselves ( if they haven't rigged it to buy it all)  so only need to supply physical on a small amount..

So if demand  for Real Physical gold goes up, and exceeds what Comex delivers, what will they do?  I suspect they will dlo what they have always done in that circumstance-- -- settle for fiat.  So here is the theory and I welcome thoughts  on it:

TPTB step in with a Bailout..  and pay a premium over the physical prices being demanded.  So if a Physical item + premium = $1500  they offer to settle the contract with no physical delivery for $1600 or something.  So prices will rise, but they won't rise as much.  Its kick the can.  Nothing solves the problem, but TPTB seem intent on squeezing as much time out of the system as possible.  So they essentially start buying off gold investors ( they already are if you think about it , by keeping prices artificially low)  by bribing them to take a cash settlement.   The elevated prices will also allow more mining, so the actual physical supply will start going up again as well.  The big hedge fund and big bank  cronies, just start investing in the Gold market paper to get their extra hundred bucks, just like they do now  in Stocks. This will result in a pile on of large investors and a bubble of some sort.  Prices for Gold will necessarily rise, but not as much as they would in a Comex  crash/panic , and TPTB retain the ability to influence and affect the price by continuing their stupid fake paper  deals.  They essentially drown out those demanding Physical gold with a bunch of sheep and day traders just wanting the guaranteed $100 (or whatever premium is actually required to entice them)  It just becomes another way to get into the Fed's money tree on the first ( newly printed ) branch.  The lie becomes obvious because more gold is being traded on a daily basis than ever before,  and physical is just as impossible to get.. but it doesn't matter because the majority are in it for the paper payout.

Thoughts? Is this realistic?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
The kickers are fiat and real demand, they keep destroying fiat and appeasing demand.  At some point if the demand for physical outstrips available supply and paper fails to satisfy those demanding physical then they have no choice but to go insane with fiat or let PM prices go insane...either way I want them pushed to the wall.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #526 on: January 31, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-30/infographic-which-gold-miners-hold-most-supply-and-who-must-replenish-through-ma

Burns my ass...Pebble, just like Keystone for oil, is a commodity purposely restricted by government goons.  EPA!  They need to be eliminated!

But at some point the fools will have to yield, or see demand send gold prices skyrocketing, then their whole paper ponzi schemes go up in smoke.  I'd like to see Fedcoats overrule their little EPA bitch and open mining sites...talk about a hilarious and desperate moment!

And as far as the mining companies go I don't think all is bad news.  There are still some values out the and if prices ever become more unmanipulated their values will shoot up, and there will be some consolidation opportunities so if they are smart and do not overleverage, more values are there.

I guess with Darth Soros jumping into miners it is to be seen if it is a pump & dump or long term play.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #527 on: May 02, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »
Silver manipulation visually captured again.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-01/even-cme-getting-tired-silver-manipulation

All you can do is say "OK, I'll buy some more physical" and go do it.

When they run out of inventory, guess what? 

Yeah, that'll be an unforgettable day.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #528 on: May 02, 2014, 08:50:58 AM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-01/even-cme-getting-tired-silver-manipulation

Premiums on Junk Silver are over $2 again..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #529 on: May 02, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »

Premiums on Junk Silver are over $2 again..

Figures.

Probably doesn't matter though, probably still vastly undervalued, so it won't be junk for long...most people have no idea how much junk they're really surrounded by right now!

Poor dumb bastards!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #530 on: May 05, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »
Gold up over $1300 to a 30 day high this morning, silver relatively unchanged.. premium on Junk silver at APMEX is now $2.19...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #531 on: May 05, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
Buy buy buy, buy buy some more.

Everybody sing now!

::cool::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #532 on: May 06, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »
For those who are curious...

To figure out what your "junk" silver is worth, you have to basically do math and figure out the weight of the coin (usually stated in grams and convert it to a Troy ounce equivalent) and multiply it times the silver content (stated as a percent), then you can multiply that times the per-ounce bid price to know what the value to buy (before premium) should be and what the ask price to know what the value is to sell (before discount).

Or I can just tell you...

War Nickels - 35% silver - silver content in ounces is 5.635% (actually 5.6352459 if you go out seven places, three should do though)

Pre-1964 Dimes - 90% silver - silver per ounce content is 7.223

Pre-1964 Quarters - 90% silver - 18.084

Bicentennial Quarters - 40% silver - 7.377

Pre-1964 Halves - 90% silver - 36.168

1965-1970 JFK Halves - 40% silver - 14.805

Pre-1935 Dollars - 90% silver - 77.357

1971-1976 Ike Dollars - 40% silver - 31.609

Or, as long as the internets are up you can go to places like this - http://www.silverrecyclers.com/Calculators/coin_calculator.aspx

*But I recommend scribbling the above down somewhere for use in a TEOTWAWKI situation where the internets may no longer be available!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:17:21 AM by Libertas »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #533 on: May 07, 2014, 07:15:02 AM »
I think you mean as in the dollar, 90% silver, .77357 ounces of silver, not a percent.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #534 on: May 07, 2014, 08:01:58 AM »
I think you mean as in the dollar, 90% silver, .77357 ounces of silver, not a percent.

Ah, thats it. I was looking and couldn't figure out how they were getting those numbers.
The other thing to be aware of is that  the dimes have a larger surface area and are expected to have lost more silver in circulation than the quarter, half dollar etc.
So a $500 bag if dimes is likely to have less overall silver in it than a $5000 of half dollars.

However, if Junk silver is forced into circulation again, I doubt most people will be weighing a dime and determining its silver content unless it is very, very worn ( as in, the stamping is almost gone)  -  a 90% silver  dime will be worth a 90% silver dime as long as others can reasonably expect is will be accepted as such at a later date. If on the other hand you take it into the  the smelter, yeah you bet he is going to weight it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #535 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »

Yes, thanks...removed those pesky things so as to avoid confusion.

::hat-tip::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #536 on: May 07, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »

Ah, thats it. I was looking and couldn't figure out how they were getting those numbers.
The other thing to be aware of is that  the dimes have a larger surface area and are expected to have lost more silver in circulation than the quarter, half dollar etc.
So a $500 bag if dimes is likely to have less overall silver in it than a $5000 of half dollars.

However, if Junk silver is forced into circulation again, I doubt most people will be weighing a dime and determining its silver content unless it is very, very worn ( as in, the stamping is almost gone)  -  a 90% silver  dime will be worth a 90% silver dime as long as others can reasonably expect is will be accepted as such at a later date. If on the other hand you take it into the  the smelter, yeah you bet he is going to weight it.

As long as you know the percent silver content, the weight and the weight of silver in each "average" coin, you should not get cheated even if you get weighed by the smelter, just check his math and the calibration of his scales!

;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #537 on: May 23, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
Now Austria is asking for an accounting of their outside gold holdings, but they may have to wait until the PTBs are done with their usual 8am monkey-hammering of gold & silver first, before reading the Austrian requesting and shatting their pants...

I can just see a crony operative addressing another..."wtf are we going to do?  wtf do we tell them?"!

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #539 on: May 28, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
This could end up making the 8-24-1814 sacking and burning of Washington, DC by the British look tame by comparison...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-28/putin-says-russia-china-need-ensure-security-their-gold-reserves

...if these two start hoarding physical stockpiles and successfully crash the dollar as world reserve currency...

...I think people a little closer to home might be sacking and burning DC...and it won't be over in one day!