Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 136867 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #1021 on: December 20, 2022, 01:00:51 PM »
Yeah...I concur...more concentrated power among ESG/NetZero totalitarian Oligarchs is NOT a sane thing to sign off on...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/state-ags-sound-alarm-about-blackrock-vanguard-buying-large-stakes-utilities

And I wouldn't be surprised if many of the same are not exploiting these seemingly un-random assaults on our food supply...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/fire-breaks-saginaw-county-grain-elevator-fire-burn-another-week-latest-fire-food-processing-plant/

...after all these are many of the same folks pushing the the demonic bug-eating BS!   ::outrage::

https://youtu.be/wqeichY7ymk

::doublebird::   ::overkill::
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 01:19:22 PM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1022 on: December 20, 2022, 04:22:08 PM »
Welp, a dozen eggs now up to almost $6.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1023 on: December 21, 2022, 10:38:11 AM »
Glad my sister listened to me and got new chicks, her old brood not producing much...the new girls starting to ramp up, she's got all sorts of interesting colored eggs now...and at a good time.   ::thumbsup::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1024 on: December 21, 2022, 01:59:22 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/he-turned-his-back-rail-workers-fume-after-biden-forces-unions-accept-deal

Oh, betrayal...get used to it.

Did Biden forbid them to strike?
BTW the UK Labour party has nothing to do with working people now.

There is some interesting history for the RR laws. I think that in order to stop a US strike during WWI the US gov promised lots of goodies to the RR workers if they held off. There are lots of laws that only apply to RR workers. I recall those laws kinda screwed the railroads back then.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1025 on: December 22, 2022, 10:45:08 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/he-turned-his-back-rail-workers-fume-after-biden-forces-unions-accept-deal

Oh, betrayal...get used to it.

Did Biden forbid them to strike?
BTW the UK Labour party has nothing to do with working people now.

There is some interesting history for the RR laws. I think that in order to stop a US strike during WWI the US gov promised lots of goodies to the RR workers if they held off. There are lots of laws that only apply to RR workers. I recall those laws kinda screwed the railroads back then.

Well, yeah...when Marxists in both chambers of Congress pass a bill and JoeFraud signs it the effect is removing the legal right to strike and force them back to work.  And yeah, the are one group that has special carve outs in IRS regs per long ago legislation passed...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1026 on: December 23, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »
Egg update...and other edibles...

Grocery prices have continued to increase this year because of what companies have said are higher costs of labor, ingredients and logistics, helping supermarkets generate higher sales and profits. Those factors have propelled egg prices, too. As eggs get more costly, some supermarkets are selling more organic eggs that are sometimes less expensive than conventional varieties, while suppliers say consumer demand has remained steady despite higher prices. (read more)

Additionally, the overall price for a Christmas meal is much higher than it was in 2021.

(Via Fox) […] The holiday dinner grocery basket is estimated to cost an average of $60.29, according to data from Datasembly. That’s 16.4% higher than last year’s basket when comparing the same exact basket of goods. It’s also double the year-over-year increase reported last year at 8.2%, according to the retail data firm.

[…] The 13 products included stuffing mix, corn, green beans, frozen apple pie, whipped topping, butter, cranberry sauce, bone-in spiral-cut ham, egg nog, homestyle biscuits, russet potatoes, white frozen young turkey and homestyle roasted turkey gravy.

According to the data, biscuits had the highest price increase year-over-year, rising 47.7%. Butter and russet potatoes weren’t far behind with prices rising 38% and 32.6%, respectively, the data showed. (read more)

Keep in mind, this week you should be seeing competitive pricing on beef, specifically standing rib roasts.  Retailers will be competing with each other on the staple table items, and this creates an opportunity to buy and freeze beef at a lower price.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/12/22/egg-prices-surge-to-record-levels-as-christmas-grocery-prices-hit-consumers/

On the shiny front...this is a really good article on the East-West ebb and flood of gold - it's longish and can get technical -

Recap of the Ebb and Flood of Gold
In general, economies in the East are financially less advanced than in the West. Whilst it’s considered normal in the West to keep all of one’s wealth within the banking system, people in the East are still accustomed to keep their savings partially in physical gold. Their ancestors saved in precious metals and so have they been taught. Jewelry, ornaments, and other gold products are used as gifts at weddings and childbirths, effectively rewarding reproduction. In the East gold is synonymous with survival.

The welfare state and financialization have slowly removed gold from Western people their day-to-day lives. People don’t pay much attention to gold when they feel financially confident. Western investment funds trade gold based on models ever seeking the highest yields in the shortest possible timeframe. Simplified, when investment confidence tapers off, for example due to rising inflation expectations, gold is bought, and when trust is restored, metal is sold.

In the East they don’t mind taking the other side of this trade. Close affinity with gold as a store of value makes Easterners price sensitive and have a long time horizon regarding this asset. Gold is bought in stable markets, but especially when the price goes down. Profits are materialized when the price is high. The West thus sets the price, and the East dampens volatility. Such are the dynamics that have transpired in the gold market over the past century or so.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/gold-trade-between-east-and-west-follows-90-year-old-pattern

It goes on to show recent examples involving various nations and the few exceptions to the normal ebbing...and explains why TIPS is impacted, basically by the gold inflation hedge.

Anyway, interesting read.  And IMO my own view on PM's is much more rooted in the Eastern tradition.

And, about the punitive inflation (aka Price of Marxism) tax...

https://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7154.new.html#new

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1027 on: December 23, 2022, 04:57:03 PM »
Re:  biscuits/bread.  I've been stocking up on flour -- different types -- yeast and butter.  Among a buncha other stuff.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1028 on: December 27, 2022, 11:16:42 AM »
Yup, did that a while back.   ::thumbsup::

On the PM front...Peter Schiff is ringing the bull's bell on that...and given the political fiscal and monetary insanity and hyper-drive debt loads...I agree there seems to be one heck of a reckoning coming.

Then I see stuff like this -
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/japan-extract-rare-earths-seabed-starting-2024

Great.  But should have been done at least 2 decades ago.  Probably too little to late.

The GloboPedo Marxists are planning their next round of scheming for 2023...

Founded by German economist Klaus Schwab, the WEF is a fanatical political organization masquerading as a neutral entity.

The organization has specific policy goals that involve centralizing power into the hands of hand-picked global elites as the only means to save the planet from an alleged “climate emergency.”

Schwab and his allies in the WEF dictate their own agenda to leaders of sovereign nations.

As Slay News has reported, Schwab openly gloats that several world leaders are in his pockets and that he has installed WEF operatives in the upper echelons of powerful government administrations.

In 2017, Schwab boasted that the WEF has “penetrate[d]” global “cabinets” and controls the leaders of several sovereign nations, including Germany, Russia, Canada, Argentina, and France.

The annual Davos conference acts as an ultra-exclusive in-person narrative and ideas exchange for this hand-picked ruling class.

Schwab openly advocates for a “green transition” through his misleadingly named “stakeholder capitalism” agenda, which amounts to technocratic tyranny.

Movements such as The Great Reset, Build Back Better, and the ESG agenda were pieced together by WEF “stakeholders” at previous Davos confabs.

The Dossier has obtained an early, partial list of both events and confirmed speakers for Davos 2023.

Among the agenda are discussions on “Tackling Harm In The Digital Era” which seeks to brainstorm ideas on how to ramp up censorship online.

The move is likely a response to Elon Musk’s efforts to wipe out censorship on Twitter.

The program for Davos 2023 includes events such as:

“Why We Need Battery Passports”
“Leading The Charge Through Earth’s New Normal” (Featuring Al Gore)
“A Living Wage For All”
“Enabling An Equitable Transition”
“Beyond The Rainbow: Advancing LGBTQ+ Rights”
“Advancing Racial and Ethnic Equity” (Moderated by CNN)
“Decarbonizing Supply Chains” (Moderated by Chinese state television)
“Finding The Right Balance For Crypto”
“Tackling Harm In The Digital Era”
Speakers for Davos 2023 include:

Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director
Laurence D. Fink, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, BlackRock Inc.
Jens Stoltenberg, Secretary-General of NATO
Shou Zi Chew, Chief Executive Officer, TikTok
Shamina Singh, President, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, Mastercard
Al Gore, Former Vice President
Hilde Schwab, WEF Chairman Klaus Schwab’s wife
Tian Wei, Host, China Global Television Network
Elena Cherney, Chief News Editor of The Wall Street Journal
Ina Fried, Chief Technology Correspondent, Axios
Brad Smith, President and Vice-Chair, Microsoft Corp.
Hadley Gamble, Anchor, CNBC
Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
Stacy-Marie Ishmael, Managing Editor, Crypto, Bloomberg News
Larry Madowo, Correspondent, CNN
Jeremy Allaire, CEO of Circle
Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of Ripple
In recent months, the WEF agenda has received fierce blowback in the United States from both the civilian population and leaders of free states in America.

It is not yet clear what the American contingent at Davos will look like for the 2023 meeting.

https://slaynews.com/news/wefs-agenda-davos-2023-will-focus-push-more-censorship/

I have to admit the prospects for peace, sanity and prosperity would be greatly enhanced if SMOD paid these despots a visit.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #1029 on: December 27, 2022, 12:07:12 PM »
Welp, a dozen eggs now up to almost $6.
My first stop today, no eggs. They usually have 4 shelves full. Stopped at StopNShop and almost empty. My jumbo's $6.69/doz but I gotta have my eggs

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1030 on: January 03, 2023, 09:27:31 AM »
H/T-ZH

If booze ever explodes like eggs...there could be BITS.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1031 on: January 05, 2023, 11:57:00 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1032 on: January 13, 2023, 08:45:09 AM »
The high cost of boneheaded globalist totalitarian sh*tshows....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-07/high-power-costs-force-us-industrials-factories-to-shut?srnd=businessweek-v2&sref=NWZFoWOL

...that will result in more pain downstream, especially for the common people.

If the rise up moment doesn't materialize soon they'll be no bodies to rise...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2023, 08:48:20 AM »
Forces behind the terror on food...looks to be the worst case possible...

Since then, there have been about 200 food factory attacks around the world, most of them in the U.S., he explained.

Huff had another backup and analyzed the attacks. It turned out that the attacks exactly matched the most critical systems in his data set. He reported this to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI but never received a response.

Huff knows that the FBI and the food industry have tried to investigate what he calls “terrorist attacks,” but they’re getting nowhere. He suspects that a government-funded actor or a globalist group like the World Economic Forum is behind it.

https://rairfoundation.com/whistleblower-reveals-what-is-behind-the-mass-attacks-on-us-food-facilities-video/

Death by jab, death by war, death by starvation...all the PTBs have to offer is death...

Why we putting up with this?  ::whatgives::
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 01:21:59 PM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1034 on: January 16, 2023, 09:16:32 AM »

Since then, there have been about 200 food factory attacks around the world, most of them in the U.S., he explained.

Huff had another backup and analyzed the attacks. It turned out that the attacks exactly matched the most critical systems in his data set. He reported this to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI but never received a response.

Huff knows that the FBI and the food industry have tried to investigate what he calls “terrorist attacks,” but they’re getting nowhere. He suspects that a government-funded actor or a globalist group like the World Economic Forum is behind it.

https://rairfoundation.com/whistleblower-reveals-what-is-behind-the-mass-attacks-on-us-food-facilities-video/

Death by jab, death by war, death by starvation...all the PTBs have ti offer is death...

I don't KNOW, and I don't like it.

What is it gonna take for people to finally stand up and say HELLNO?!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1035 on: January 16, 2023, 01:22:51 PM »

Death by jab, death by war, death by starvation...all the PTBs have to offer is death...

I don't KNOW, and I don't like it.

What is it gonna take for people to finally stand up and say HELLNO?!

Probably the point of "too late"...

::outrage::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1036 on: January 25, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »
https://survivalmagazine.org/news/tractor-supply-chicken-feed-reportedly-causing-egglaying-to-stop-board-has-ties-to-wef-jeffrey-epstein/

::gaah::

Owner of Co with bad food shutting down hen egg production linked to Vanguard who is linked to Demonic people-hating people-murdering WEF...

::cussing::   ::angry::

Fired off a warning to my sister...warn your people with hens!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:25:08 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1037 on: January 26, 2023, 08:42:46 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/crushed-bug-additive-now-included-pizza-pasta-cereals-across-eu

Nope!   ::doublebird::

And let me tell these totalitarian WEF SOB's and their lackey's somethin'...they try this sh*t here...not going to touch it...they try to sneak it in off-label, they are going to be sued into collapse...

Later, there could be angry people chasing bug pimps down streets...

Just sayin'...

Don't!!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1038 on: January 26, 2023, 08:58:30 AM »
Foods with too many bugs in them have been deemed by the US Ag Department as unsafe for human consumption for many years --- (they've determined limits on insect inclusions per regulations).

Now, this SH*I*t!  Now, I've got to read the ingredient labels on every single thing!

All this besides the threat of mRNA "vaccines" being injected into livestock.    ::pullhair::   ::laserkill::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1039 on: January 26, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »
Yeah, and that was mostly for products like grains and maybe nuts and things, right?

Now, what they gonna tell everybody bugs are good?   ::gaah::

They're gonna incur lots of hostility they try to ram-rod this kinda crap through...

And yeah, more crap...

And don't forget about the crappy Tractor Supply layer feed!  (Just noticed I forgot to post link in that post...updating now)

PS - https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1617220282963329026

::vafancoul::

Mess with my eggs...   ::asskicking::
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:38:33 AM by Libertas »