Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 131100 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
Gold ETFs are on the Wanr, and Physical Delivery is coming up..

How long till the naked shorts and non-delivery kill the comex.
Its not chickens who come home to roost- its black swans. I see dozens on the horizon.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »

Physical precious metals (but especially gold) are the only liquid assets with negligible counter-party risk.

The ratio of cogent commentary regarding fiat paper being
manipulated by states and banks causing the paper to lose value
while pirating our wealth versus positive commentary defending this
current activity as sound policy is nill. 

I don't want to believe all we have is going blow up ala wheelbarrows
of dollars for a loaf of bread but I haven't read a convincing rosy scenario
yet.

There will be a correction, whether it will require wheelbarrows and shovels
I don't know.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »
Those swans usually are black after they are burnt to a crisp!

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2012, 03:03:57 PM »

There will be a correction, whether it will require wheelbarrows and shovels
I don't know.

I know I am doom and gloom guy, but I don't think it will degenerate quite that far.  Unlike Weimar or Zimbabwe, the world participates in our currency, and I think they are going to call a halt to the charade before we get to the wheelbarrows stage.  When that happens , I would expect that the government will call a bank holiday, and a new ( possibly Amero or IMF currency)  will be introduced at an annoyingly bad exchange rate.  The world can call a halt to this any number of ways - by crashing the comex, by selling treasuries, or simply ending the petro-dollar and using something else for Oil sales.

At that moment, the paper wealth of America will cease to exist, quite a few other countries and economies will take a huge balance-sheet hit,  and pretty much the entire world will be reduced to third world living because the Capital in "Capitalism", will have been effectively wiped out for most, and for those who did protect their wealth and means to produce,  they will find the market available to buy their production to be vastly diminished.  It will a few months to two years of pain as the system resets, a new currency emerges and the dust settles, during which we will see shortages of all types, - and if they are the right types, then fuel, food, sanitation and water will become  scarce. Then we are at the dangerous and unpredictable bit  ( assuming WWIII hasn't already made it unpredictable before the collapse)  but one can rest assured it will involve a lot of unpleasant violence and dangerous living until local environments reach  the population levels that can reasonably sustain the folks who live there.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »

IT'S OUT!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/todays-124-billion-targeted-gold-slam-down-makes-mainstream-press

we find that the WSJ has finally picked up on the topic of the endless daily gold slam down

[8:31 AM ->]
The sale took out blocks of bids as large as 84 contracts in one fell swoop and cut prices down to $1,648.80 a troy ounce. The overall transaction was worth more than $1.24 billion...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2012, 07:23:27 AM »
Yup, this time the camera caught the crap hitting the fan just as COMEX threw it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
Uhh, something else happen shortly after 10am this morning?

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=GC&p=m5

::cussing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2012, 11:54:29 AM »
Gold is #1 "safest long-term investment" in America.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/americas-safest-long-term-investment-gold-gallup

Seems rather obvious all PM's will be the top of the pyramid in the new economy.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

"CME Group Inc.’s Comex halted trading in gold futures for about 10 seconds yesterday at 8:31 a.m. after prices declined,"

Further discourse would have been illuminating.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bis-fxgold-intervention-profiles-and-after

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

"CME Group Inc.’s Comex halted trading in gold futures for about 10 seconds yesterday at 8:31 a.m. after prices declined,"

Further discourse would have been illuminating incriminating.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bis-fxgold-intervention-profiles-and-after

FIFY!   ::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »

An invitation to non members:

As of today this topic has been viewed 8775 times
assuming half of those views are bots then this topic has been
viewed close to 4387 times.  Assuming one-third of  those views
were by members  about 2924 views were by non members.

You 2924 are an eclectic group. Why don't you come on
and join up and share your opinions and observations. 
You will be welcomed, come on in.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »

An invitation to non members:

As of today this topic has been viewed 8775 times
assuming half of those views are bots then this topic has been
viewed close to 4387 times.  Assuming one-third of  those views
were by members  about 2924 views were by non members.

You 2924 are an eclectic group. Why don't you come on
and join up and share your opinions and observations. 
You will be welcomed, come on in.

I'd be happy if one of you three gurus, Libertas/Charles/Weisshaupt, would explain to us me, not understanding much of the lingo, just what the hell is going on. 

::curtsy4::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »

I'd be happy if one of you three gurus, Libertas/Charles/Weisshaupt, would explain to us me, not understanding much of the lingo, just what the hell is going on. 

::curtsy4::

Same things as always. Lying. Cheating. and Stealing.
Offering no evidence  at all to prove it, I suspect one of the Bots placing offers  on COMEX got our of sync with one of the BOTs placing BUYS.   Basically the suspicion (with varying amounts of evidence to support it) is that large companies are putting large volumes of FAKE offers onto the market .. basically a "future" is a  promise to sell you 10 Oz of silver or gold in 3 months at an agreed to price.   People who are "short" will sell their future gold now  with the expectation that the price will go DOWN. and buyers of the contract expect the price in the future will be high.  So A "Naked Short" is a short where the person actually has no Silver or Gold to sell. The Same (or another entity in cahoot) "buys" that contract -- thus it appears a transaction took place - even no no gold or silver will actually change hands.  These transactions are done by computer at high frequency (in the nanoseconds) so that its unlikely that anyone but themselves will respond to the bid.

By putting a large volume of transactions into the market its possible to sway the price up or down as desired.  In theory this added volatility will shake out the "weak hands" - people who "invest" with borrowed money, who need to pay cash on those loans as the assets they purchased with them go down in value-- a "margin call"   - The suspicion  now is that they are now deliberately forcing the price of Gold and Silver down  to prevent them from skyrocketing  and causing financial chaos.  This is being done in the regular  stock markets as well.

So in theory the computer trying to drive the price down got out of sync with the one accepting those bids, and thus the price continued downwards seeking a "buy" Of course at some point Real people want to buy at those low prices. OOPS.. Better shut that down!

Or at least, that is my working theory. Anyone want to correct iit?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
Same things as always. Lying. Cheating. and Stealing.

First:   ::rolllaughing::

Second:     ::gaah::

I 'bout figured that much out myself, just didn't know who, what, where or why, so thank you very much for the explanation.

You've been saying for some time now, as has Ann Barnhardt, that no "body" is really in "the market" any longer; it's a few (?) computers simulating a whole lot of activity.  Whose computers?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
You've been saying for some time now, as has Ann Barnhardt, that no "body" is really in "the market" any longer; it's a few (?) computers simulating a whole lot of activity.  Whose computers?

Pretty much anyone can buy a High Frequency link to an exchange, and many exchanges keep their member information confidential, so its difficult to see who is doing what to whom.. there is even some talk that some links are not equal to others giving some players an advantage - and probably an advantage they paid for.  We know ts going on from the raw data feed, but Who gets harder to pin down. 

But its "people with money" or "access to money" - i.e. Big banks, Hedge Funds etc. . Zerohedge has found evidence of bids being accepted and settled  before they have been made - and of course the guy on Etrade etc, can't bid as fast as these machine can, and thus they are "safe" doing such things-- there is almost no chance an actual human will grab one of these bids, and if they do, its just cheaper to pay the contract and keep moving.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »

At CT NoNoSegundo said that was what
he did and explained it in detail.

This  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bis-fxgold-intervention-profiles-and-after   from above post is a take on who some of the banks are and why Europe , much as Weisshaupt  said, wants/needs the price down. 

BIS (Bank for International Settlements) execution team.
They are also making boatloads, literally, of money.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:46 AM »
Good explanation Weisshaupt, the key is in the squeezing of the margin accounts, it's what the PTB's have been doing ever since QE hit, they are all about pummelling the goldbugs...it's like a game of whack-a-mole to them...and it is the central bankers and other big players in on this manipulation.  It is about the only real evidence I see of a legitimate cabal at play in the world today that is well documented at ZeroHedge, even though ZeroHedge can be outright moonbatty about seeing a cabal under every bed.  I also suspect the PPT is in on this fun, since so many of them are tied into big money banks brokerages and thick political connections to the Fed & Treasury.  And the PPT cannot operate without the BIS.

Interesting how the BIS has this little blurb at the bottom of their "About Us" page -

"As its customers are central banks and international organisations, the BIS does not accept deposits from, or provide financial services to, private individuals or corporate entities. The BIS strongly advises caution against fraudulent schemes."

I'm sure the PPT feels properly cautioned.

::)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2012, 07:36:04 AM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47273745

Soybeans just under $15 now. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
Yeah, soybeans have had a good run since the start of the year...

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=ZS

...and lumber seems to be still testing a new highs...

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=LB

Who is grabbing that wood?  With new construction still seemingly depressed...

::whatgives::

Arks?  FEMA camps?

::foilhathelicopter::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
Eurosis is being blamed for the decline in everything today, but Jeesh!  Every PM is dropping!

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=METALS&p=m5

WTF?  People just taking cash, hoarding up on Slim Jim's and Old Crow and heading for the hills or what?

::whatgives::