Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 131112 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
In other words: Nothing Has Changed; Central Banks have only one trick which they will use when necessary; normal assets will waver in risk-on/risk-off mode because of that; commodities offer protection from the profligacy with an upside growth cover.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/buying-commodity-dip

I'll buy that!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTRO#Long_Term_Refinancing_Operation_.28LTRO.29

ECB

The primary objective of the European Central Bank is to maintain price stability within the Eurozone, which is the same as keeping inflation low.
Long term refinancing operation

Though the ECB's main refinancing operations (MRO) are from repo auctions with a (bi)weekly maturity and monthly maturation, the ECB now conducts Long Term Refinancing Operations (LTROs), maturing after three months, six months, 12 months and 36 months.

LTRO 2 happened in March,  WTF happened today?

8913

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2012, 06:55:43 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTRO#Long_Term_Refinancing_Operation_.28LTRO.29

ECB

The primary objective of the European Central Bank is to maintain price stability within the Eurozone, which is the same as keeping inflation low.
Long term refinancing operation

Though the ECB's main refinancing operations (MRO) are from repo auctions with a (bi)weekly maturity and monthly maturation, the ECB now conducts Long Term Refinancing Operations (LTROs), maturing after three months, six months, 12 months and 36 months.

LTRO 2 happened in March,  WTF happened today?

8913

Talk about a wide stance!  Larry Craig has nothing on Euro spreads!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ltro-bank-stigma-widest-ltro-announcement

And I suspect the ever-growing toxicity is driving Germany to push for removing Greece from the Euro Zone while leaving them in the EU....I'm sure that will go over well with the Greeks!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/german-lawmakers-prep-greek-eurozone-exit-handelsblatt

In the meantime....

As a follow up to yesterday on Gold...yesterday was BTFD day! 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/btfd

Will there be more?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
China's stagnating planned economy and EU worries (Greece et all) pushing oil lower...maybe fuel costs won't be so bad this summer?

http://news.yahoo.com/oil-down-near-94-china-europe-concerns-120845026--finance.html

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
Found another site selling PM's...haven't used them yet but their prices on some things look better than APMEX, I might shoot an order over soon and see how it goes.

http://www.providentmetals.com/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »
Backwardation In Gold And Silver

Because the next successive contracts are not in backwardation (in silver, all contracts from Jul 2015 on are backwardated), it is not a collapse of trust.  I think that it is a lack of unencumbered metal.  The markets for precious metals, silver more than gold, have become quite tight.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-backwardation-gold-and-silver

Buy & stack, baby!

Also, these charts are always impressive, really put things in eprspective -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-gold-tells-truth

charlesoakwood

« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »

Central bankers can’t just abolish history. On
the other hand, history may very well abolish
the central bankers and their fiat currencies.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »
China's stagnating planned economy and EU worries (Greece et all) pushing oil lower...maybe fuel costs won't be so bad this summer?

http://news.yahoo.com/oil-down-near-94-china-europe-concerns-120845026--finance.html

Also helps the dollar has gained some strength...Not that it should, but with the euro to compete.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »

Central bankers can’t just abolish history. On
the other hand, history may very well abolish
the central bankers and their fiat currencies.

Bullish on lamp posts.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »

Also helps the dollar has gained some strength...Not that it should, but with the euro to compete.....

Yeah, it always kills me when people say this or that is strong, when in reality it is more often the case now days that something else turned into a bigger turd making this other turd just a little less stinky.

::)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »
Yeah, it always kills me when people say this or that is strong, when in reality it is more often the case now days that something else turned into a bigger turd making this other turd just a little less stinky.

Hey  Guess what Timmy said

JEFFREY BROWN: So you think he's got a record on jobs and the economy that he can proudly run on?

TIMOTHY GEITHNER: Absolutely. And again, if you look at -- look at how we're doing relative to any other major country in the world today. Look at how we managed our crisis relative to what, not just how the U.S. managed in the past or how Japan did, but look at Europe today, and if you look at any measure that we can point to of economic strength, they provide overwhelming support for the choices he made early on. And remember, those were tough - very tough choices, put out the financial fires, get growth started. He did it with almost no help from his opponents, deep political costs, and those things made us -- make us stronger today.

You see, our sh*t stinks less. We are strong.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »

Hey  Guess what Timmy said

JEFFREY BROWN: So you think he's got a record on jobs and the economy that he can proudly run on?

TIMOTHY GEITHNER: Absolutely. And again, if you look at -- look at how we're doing relative to any other major country in the world today. Look at how we managed our crisis relative to what, not just how the U.S. managed in the past or how Japan did, but look at Europe today, and if you look at any measure that we can point to of economic strength, they provide overwhelming support for the choices he made early on. And remember, those were tough - very tough choices, put out the financial fires, get growth started. He did it with almost no help from his opponents, deep political costs, and those things made us -- make us stronger today.

You see, our sh*t stinks less. We are strong.

This is what I've been saying about "poverty" having no objective standard now; it's comparative.  And now, expanded globally.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
I read these people like cheap comic book characters...

I just wish those would all stay fictional...

::unknowncomic::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
Wanna know why Romney has money in the caymans? Just look to little Timmy and chunky.

It's people like little Timmy and little chunky, going after mr Saverin, co founder of Facebook, for renouncing his citizenship and going to a no capital gains country, as little chunky attempts to tax him at 30 percent......

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »
When your liberty is under assault one obvious casualty is your pocketbook, beating up people for wanting to keep the looters at bay is some form of perverted patriotism, isn't it?!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
When your liberty is under assault one obvious casualty is your pocketbook, beating up people for wanting to keep the looters at bay is some form of perverted patriotism, isn't it?!

To listen to Schumer pontificate about his method of choice for preventing this sort of thing, one knows he thinks the money belongs first to the government; he's actually as pissed as if it's his pocket being picked.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »

To listen to Schumer pontificate about his method of choice for preventing this sort of thing, one knows he thinks the money belongs first to the government; he's actually as pissed as if it's his pocket being picked.

Why else would a Tax Cut "cost" something? 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »
Precisely.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:38 AM »

What else would you expect from a guy who's never held a job outside of politics ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »
I expect nothing but lies and bullsh*t from proglodytes and I can honestly say I've never been caught by surprise.