Author Topic: We are rapidly becoming what the Left considers us to be ...  (Read 1052 times)

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
We are rapidly becoming what the Left considers us to be ...
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
... too stupid to make our own decisions.  Thank the US education system.

US adults are dumber than the average human

It’s long been known that America's school kids haven't measured well compared with international peers. Now, there’s a new twist: Adults don’t either.

In math, reading and problem-solving using technology – all skills considered critical for global competitiveness and economic strength – American adults scored below the international average on a global test, according to results released Tuesday.

Adults in Japan, Canada, Australia, Finland and multiple other countries scored significantly higher than the United States in all three areas on the test. Beyond basic reading and math, respondents were tested on activities such as calculating mileage reimbursement due to a salesman, sorting email and comparing food expiration dates on grocery store tags.

More here:
http://nypost.com/2013/10/08/us-adults-are-dumber-than-the-average-human/

This is exactly the kind of adult population President Woodrow Wilson and his industrialist friends wanted, only smart enough and educated enough to do the jobs the "upper crust" intend them to do and not intelligent enough to aspire to become better. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:51:55 PM by OldSailor »
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: We are rapidly becoming what the Left considers us to be ...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Don't believe everything you read.   I have an idea the Feds love the notion that we should know we're dumber than the rest of the planet.

Gunsmith works nightly with members of the much-vaunted Indian (dot, not feather) population in IT; he says they cannot think outside the box.  Or in the box.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »
I can confirm Gunsmith's observations. Part of my living is made un-f**king source code after the outsourcees got their hands on it.

But even if this is true, the countries that scored better are far more homogeneous than ours. We have an, ahem, reason our averages are so low.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »
Also meant to add, when you say "we are rapidly becoming what the Left considers us to be", well there is an alternate way of looking at that and Pandora is fond of quoting it here.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
Also meant to add, when you say "we are rapidly becoming what the Left considers us to be", well there is an alternate way of looking at that and Pandora is fond of quoting it here.

That thing ahs never been more relevant in our lifetimes than right now!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.