Author Topic: Follow to No One Leading the Fight !!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline sfetter

Follow to No One Leading the Fight !!
« on: October 10, 2013, 08:05:57 AM »
The events of this week have lead me to believe more than ever that all hope is gone in this country.  This dictatorship is doing anything it wants any time it wants.  Many examples of this week really stick out but you all already know about them.

Plus key conservative radio and TV people meet with the dictator for a off the record meeting that no one is talking about, then Hannity has worthless guests on like Romney and Weiner.  More and more even Fox is toning down the talk. Its easy to figure out what the meeting was about.

They have threatened everyone into submission.  People are now scared to speak out.  I believe they will do what ever they want in the future without even one shot being fired.  And even if I am wrong, any resistance will be squashed by the media and those people will quietly disappear.

For the record, I am no hero, and I do not want to make a stand which results in my death or imprisonment (plus family members) any more than anyone else.  Especially when any stand anyone makes against this unlawful dictatorship will make no difference at this point. 

Unfortunately, all this talk and any honorable efforts that are being made are about 10 to 20 years late.  The snake has us around the neck and our constitution is taking it's last few breaths.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Follow to No One Leading the Fight !!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »
WWTFD

What would the Founders do?

I'm totally with you on this.
I'm guessing they felt helpless and the situation hopeless too

I don't know the answer except that ultimately, we win and Evil is vanquished.
Otherwise I don't know if we make it out alive

In the absence of any real resistance, it is futile.

It probably comes down to die free and standing or on one's knees as a slave.

The Tea Party is not an answer and never really was.
Until and unless there is resistance we continue down the path we're on.

At this point, civil disobedience.
I like the story of the broken window.
If you're not familiar with it I'll try to find it

Stay strong

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:32:18 AM »
The answer is the civil disobedience that's already going on.  Keep it coming, until even the lowest consumers of low information media catch on.

Howie Long got through to a lot of people before Sunday's football.  One chink in the armor at a time.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »
There were soldiers quartered in peoples houses - BEFORE the shot that was heard around the world.
Yes, what is happening is wrong, and if this has occurred in 1890, every single park ranger who participated, would already have their head on a pike and the jackals in congress and the White House  would be in the stocks.  The revolution really started when  the British moved on concord to seize weapons.

This won't happen till people fully understand that they have nothing left to loose, but it will happen.  A gun confiscation will start it for sure - take my gun and I can do nothing but submit  henceforward - rape my daughter, take my house, put me in chains.  When they do a bail in from bank accounts ( and it will happen)  that to may be enough - for you have taken from many what they will need to survive in the future. .They have to use WMD to win this, and they haven't yet, which begs the question why not. 

This could be simply Hubris, and they will discover that is insufficient to win a war.

Bottom line, I tell you I will fight. Even if its alone and in my driveway.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
Howie Long got through to a lot of people before Sunday's football.  One chink in the armor at a time.

Indeed he did. Begs the question, how many people watching were hearing about any of it for the very first time?

I have a good buddy who follows sports like a religion. He gets season tickets to everything. When he's out of town on business he goes to their games. He has alerts set up on his phone so that when he's away from a TV, he knows in real-time when scores happen in every game he's interested in.

But when I talk politics etc, he clams up. He's a brilliant, affable guy, but talking about current events/politics/government/ideology makes him visibly uncomfortable. I am willing to bet that Howie Long was his first exposure to what this regime is doing in the name of their "shutdown".
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:26:26 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »
Now, admittedly, modern viewers of the NFL probably aren't bright enough to make the connection between Howie Long's rant and the man who implemented the policy.  That's another fight.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »

Indeed he did. Begs the question, how many people watching were hearing about any of it for the very first time?

I have a good buddy who follows sports like a religion. He gets season tickets to everything. When he's out of town on business he goes to their games. He has alerts set up on his phone so that when he's away from a TV, he knows in real-time when scores happen in every game he's interested in.

But when I talk politics etc, he clams up. He's a brilliant, affable guy, but talking about current events/politics/government/ideology makes him visibly uncomfortable. I am willing to bet that Howie Long was his first exposure to what this regime is doing in the name of their "shutdown".

He sounds like he epitomizes the subject of that American Thinker piece on conversation vs non-conversation.

What the heck is he uncomfortable about?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline sfetter

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
Thanks for the hope and support.  I hope I will have the courage of some here if the time comes.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »
Since I am largely unconnected or out of touch, what is this Howie Long thing?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/american-troops-will-be-able-to-watch-nfl-football-after-all/

Never mind the journotard who wrote this took all the wrong lessons, nor was even bright enough to connect any dots, let alone actually investigate the dots.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »

He sounds like he epitomizes the subject of that American Thinker piece on conversation vs non-conversation.

What the heck is he uncomfortable about?

He's an accomplished guy, from an accomplished family. I think that when the subject turns to these matters, he's embarrassed that he hasn't cared enough to give it any thought. Couple that with the fact that his dad was a typical MN wealthy limousine liberal, and his mom was a school teacher, I think he's always thought the DFL (MN's Democrat Party) were the default good guys. He didn't have to think.

I'm pretty sure based on what little he does contribute to conversations of this nature that he's a fiscal conservative. I just honestly don't think he likes to think about things - thus, his almost unnatural preoccupation with sports.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
Since I am largely unconnected or out of touch, what is this Howie Long thing?

Armed Forces Network Affected by Government Shutdown

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
There were soldiers quartered in peoples houses - BEFORE the shot that was heard around the world.
Yes, what is happening is wrong, and if this has occurred in 1890, every single park ranger who participated, would already have their head on a pike and the jackals in congress and the White House  would be in the stocks.  The revolution really started when  the British moved on concord to seize weapons.

This won't happen till people fully understand that they have nothing left to loose, but it will happen.  A gun confiscation will start it for sure - take my gun and I can do nothing but submit  henceforward - rape my daughter, take my house, put me in chains.  When they do a bail in from bank accounts ( and it will happen)  that to may be enough - for you have taken from many what they will need to survive in the future. .They have to use WMD to win this, and they haven't yet, which begs the question why not. 

This could be simply Hubris, and they will discover that is insufficient to win a war.

Bottom line, I tell you I will fight. Even if its alone and in my driveway.

Until we have our generations Boston Masacre or Battle of Athens on steroids moment we will not see large masses of people rising up to finally make our so-called leaders and self-described betters accountable for their actions against us and our God-given rights as free people, even though that is exactly what is needed.  We will likely see sporadic outbursts of liberty punctuated by statist thuggery and savagery...wether or not that coalesces into a liberty movement who knows, I expect we'll find out...or we'll make our own stands on our own terms and what will be will be.  But that assumes a lingering limping along as we are now scenario...if an economic collapse begins or something of that scale then we're talking a whole new ballgame.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »
Thanks, IDP