Author Topic: A Common Lie Corrected  (Read 1347 times)

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
A Common Lie Corrected
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:38:01 PM »
I ran across this on "Moonbattery.com" while on break - check it out

If you have heard it once, you have heard it a thousand times. “There are more whites than blacks on welfare.” You might respond, “I would hope so, since there are six times as many whites in this country, regardless of the impression deliberately created by the people in charge of what we see on TV.” Or you might respond, “That is a lie.” Via Statistic Brain:  http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

http://moonbattery.com/?p=37958

"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: A Common Lie Corrected
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
I ran across this on "Moonbattery.com" while on break - check it out

If you have heard it once, you have heard it a thousand times. “There are more whites than blacks on welfare.” You might respond, “I would hope so, since there are six times as many whites in this country, regardless of the impression deliberately created by the people in charge of what we see on TV.” Or you might respond, “That is a lie.” Via Statistic Brain:  http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

http://moonbattery.com/?p=37958

Hispanics are white when it suit them. See, more white people on welfare.  Also that black number as been rising - Because under Obama blacks have been doing worse. 

Doesn't matter to me. If you have always been  on welfare -  you have agreed to live on gains taken at gun point from others,  and you therefore deserve everything coming to you after the collapse  - if you are white, black, or Hispanic. I hate freeloaders. I hate entitled freeloaders even more.   I feel sorry only for those who have lost thier jobs and been forced on to the rolls, but only if they didn't vote for the boy king. If you did, then you too deserve everything coming to you. In fact , you voted for it , including loosing your job.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:59:09 PM »
That's interesting. Honestly, I would have assumed that Whites outnumber Blacks on welfare for just the reason given. It wouldn't have occurred to me that the numbers could be that skewed toward Blacks, given their relatively small percentage of the population.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 05:35:39 AM »
That's interesting. Honestly, I would have assumed that Whites outnumber Blacks on welfare for just the reason given. It wouldn't have occurred to me that the numbers could be that skewed toward Blacks, given their relatively small percentage of the population.

Same here.  The black community has a major, major problem and I see no easy solution.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:19:13 AM »

Same here.  The black community has a major, major problem and I see no easy solution.

Like drunks and addicts...no helping them until they want to help themselves...

But in the case of the so-called "black community" the drunk/addict dynamic does not come into play, there is no bottom to reach that cannot be blamed on others, they've been conditioned as all domestic animals can be conditioned to accept their station in life...subsidized food and shelter...where is there a bottom to hit when Uncle Sam just steals from those who can in order to give to those who won't?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »

I'd say the native black community has a problem.  Blacks from the Caribbean and Africa tend to look down upon our own blacks because of reasons many of us see in daily interactions, even if we refuse to admit it.  I've heard more than once from a non-native black that American blacks are lazy.  That they destroy anywhere they live, thanks in part to an ever increasing crime rate.  No news there, though you can thank The Great Society for the utter collapse of the native black community, though an attitude of 'get theirs' permeates that 'culture', to its detriment.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
My mother worked with Jamaicans who would be insulted if you called them African-American! They had no respect for them.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
Islanders.  They're OK with that, I think.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
My mother worked with Jamaicans who would be insulted if you called them African-American! They had no respect for them.

That is something I've noted too.  Thank you dear Lady.