Author Topic: Hey! IT guys! Bad code on Obamacare website. Surprise!  (Read 5423 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Hey! IT guys! Bad code on Obamacare website. Surprise!
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »
Well here we are about twenty days into this mess and it's really starting to get interesting.

And I mean "interesting" in the sense of the Chinese backhanded blessing, "May you live in interesting times."

The Democrats in DC had an interesting meeting today with their spiritual leader and demigod Big Cheese in which it is almost certain that he told his sycophants that none of this 404Care stuff is his fault. And that they had top men working on the problem.

Top.

Men.

It has been reported that the Democrats emerged from the worship service and promptly declared that the Republicans needed to help them fix it. More on that* below.

Also announced this evening is a now 6 week delay in the individual mandate. Or a 6 week extension to the sign up process. Not sure which and, frankly, it probably doesn't matter because if you believe what the IT people are saying, this thing cannot be fixed and it will take a lot longer than six weeks to repair the damage. If it can be repaired which most do not believe it can be.

I would say that we are seeing tonight the first of perhaps several as-yet-to-be-announced delays in the implementation of DumbassCare.

Meanwhile, millions of Americans with individual health insurance plans have received notices that their policies have been cancelled as mandated by the DumbassCare law. Fancy that.

But, hey...let's say that somehow by some miracle of software engineering the DumbassCare website is fixed. Totally fixed.

That would be good, right?

Well, not really.

There is still the issue of the actual "plan" and the laws of economics which, unlike DumbassCare, don't lend themselves to human intervention. The "plan" is predicated on the notion (and that's what it is) that the young and healthy will sign up for outrageously expensive health insurance that they currently do not need.

And this is where things really get "interesting" in the sort of way that I was hinting at above. You see, not only does the plan require the young, healthy (and stupid) to want a health insurance policy but they also have to be able to afford it. But...if my memory serves, and I think that it does, the administration has just spent the last five years thoroughly and purposefully  trashing the economy and this has resulted in record levels of unemployment. And those levels of unemployment (and impoverishment) have been especially harsh in the young person demographic. Hence...the very people that are needed to make DumbassCare work aren't working themselves.

And that is a textbook case of being too clever by half.

I find it very hard to believe that there is any scenario where the "death spiral" does not occur. And once it starts...perhaps as early as another two or three weeks...it cannot be stopped. As more of the "wrong" sort of people sign up the price of everyone's policies will necessarily get higher. This means that fewer of the "right" sort of people will sign up because it is no longer "affordable" (as if it ever was). And since the "right" people are needed to make everything work, without them, it doesn't and it can't.

So there we are. The Masters of the Universe, wrapped in their heavy cloak of hubris, are about to do the ultimate face plant.

Someday perhaps we will discover the truth. Probably not since, after all this time, no one has ever come clean about what happened in the Clinton White House. The one thing that is almost certainly true is that the ferret-faced chief advisor, Valerie Jarret will be at the center of it all.

*Just imagine the nerve it takes to demand that Republicans help the Democrats out of this mess...

1. The Republicans were totally shut out of the crafting of DumbassCare. I honestly don't remember but it is almost certain that there were some RINOs that actually wanted in on it.

2. No Republicans voted for DumbassCare. Why should they help fix what they did not create?

3. Some of the Republicans did try to kill this mess and they were soundly rebuffed and insulted (by Democrats, the media and the establishment GOP) for their efforts.

4. Perhaps worst of all, as mentioned earlier, there isn't really a fix so why take a swing at the tar baby? Just smile and walk on by while the Democrats just get further bound up in it.

5. And the insults just keep coming...today Dick Durbin claimed that some Republican personally insulted King Putt during the supposed negotiations of the shutdown. Again, why should anyone in their right mind get involved with this scum?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:53:09 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »
Meanwhile, millions of Americans with individual health insurance plans have received notices that their policies have been cancelled as mandated by the DumbassCare law. Fancy that.

OMG, if this wasn't so serious, I'd be laffin' my ass off.  Talk about unintended consequences, yes, whereby the purported purpose of this takeover was supposed to provide insurance for the previously uninsured/uninsurable and is now causing massive numbers of people with no insurance.

I'm going to post Quinn's Laws elsewhere, but for now, here's his First Law:

"Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »
It's only a matter of time before the chorus of "see we should've just done single payer from the start" grows louder, soon to be joined with a "this is actually the Republicans' fault because they forced the Democrats to pursue a market-based solution involving private insurance companies".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
If anything they will blame it on Romney because RomneyCare. Or they will blame it on the Heritage Society since somebody there once published a paper on the individual mandate and therefore they should be held responsible for thinking of it.

But...the longer this drags on the less of a chance a single payer system has of ever seeing the light of day.

First of all it will take a Democrat controlled congress to get that done. And even so...they just barely had the votes to pass it the first time even with breaking procedure in the Senate by using reconciliation. So what you would have to assume is that it would take more than a simple majority in congress to get single payer done...it would take an unprecedented amount of stupid.

But the larger issue is that this situation has the potential (despite massive media cheerleading) to debunk the notion that government can do anything well. Outside of the military. Although they are working to screw that up. But that's another issue.

No, there is a whole generation or two or three who are seeing that government run anything is one big f u c k u p. The media can't really paper over this because the stink is subliminal even if it isn't being broadcast. Take, as an example, what the admin is doing right out of the gate to "fix" the problem. The admin is employing a surge of private industry tech experts to clean up the mess. That is an admission, albeit not an overt one...that would be too much to ask...that government screwed this up and government can NOT fix it. Hence, we get Verizon and others involved in making it work now. The media should, of course, be leading the charge on this. They should be conducting an inquisition in public during prime time. But, since it's their boy genius who is at the head of this clown show, they aren't. But my point here is that the media doesn't have to do anything. This mess is so big and so deep and so horrible that it needs very little investigation or promotion at all for the public (yes, even the low intelligence voters) to see it for what it really is.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 02:30:03 AM »
I just spent about a half hour skimming through the mental ward cesspool that is the dailykos and it sure is...well, annoying.

This is the land of the true believers, that's for sure. These people live in some kind of alternate reality where the DumbassCare website works and they are just thrilled with all of the new choices for vastly more expensive insurance. It's like there is some kind of contest going on over there to see who can get on the site, who can register and who can obtain some kind of insurance for bragging rights or something. You would think they are buying a car and are gonna hop in and drive the wheels off of the thing just as soon as the deal is done. I can just imagine one or two of them dropping by the doctor's office and demanding to be seen for no particular reason other than they now have overpriced insurance or something...like they are putting one over on the system...like they are "sticking it to the man."

"Infantile" about sums it up.

They are rabidly angry at anyone who is criticizing DumbassCare for anything at all. If someone bitches about having to go through the site about ten times because each time they would get to a certain point and it would, like a game of Snakes and Ladders, send them back to the beginning...well, that person is an ungrateful piece of sh*t 'cause now we have DumbassCare and it's wonderful and they should be grateful. And proud. Or something.

Meanwhile, over at the PuffHo...there are almost no posted articles at all about DumbassCare. I guess the PuffHo is taking the, "if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything," attitude.

I'd say give them all a bit more time to stew in their own juices.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »
CNN, in a random act of journalism, documents the wonders of DumbassCare:

I suppose there will be lots of free advice for these people coming from the infants at the DailyKos...telling them that they should be grateful that the Boy Genius has given them better insurance and, yeah, better insurance...duh...costs more!

Speaking of the Boy Genius...here is a little home movie he put together a while back...ah, good times, good times. This really is him, not a parody.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:15:23 PM by trapeze »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
Watching that video of him hawking this disaster now, after what we know about the utter disaster of Obamacare; the pathetic rollout of the exchanges, and the devastation of the employment and healthcare markets...

Almost surreal.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
These people are finding out

INSURANCE COSTS MONEY
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
These people are finding out

INSURANCE COSTS MONEY

Yeah, fancy that. And to think, this whole time they thought it only costs other people's money.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »
Those "Cadillac" plans they're always sniffing at (for those who can afford them, and pay for them) are what they have decreed for everyone through Obamacare.  We decry the State mandates because they all boost the cost of the insurance, yet here's Obamacare, with each and every policy covering maternity and "well-child" visits, for instance.  What the hell do single men and older women need with such coverage?  Errr, we don't and they know it; the point is to have us pay for them in order that the other half of the wealth redistribution network gets them for nothing or next-to.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »
If anything they will blame it on Romney because RomneyCare. Or they will blame it on the Heritage Society since somebody there once published a paper on the individual mandate and therefore they should be held responsible for thinking of it.

But...the longer this drags on the less of a chance a single payer system has of ever seeing the light of day.

First of all it will take a Democrat controlled congress to get that done. And even so...they just barely had the votes to pass it the first time even with breaking procedure in the Senate by using reconciliation. So what you would have to assume is that it would take more than a simple majority in congress to get single payer done...it would take an unprecedented amount of stupid.

But the larger issue is that this situation has the potential (despite massive media cheerleading) to debunk the notion that government can do anything well. Outside of the military. Although they are working to screw that up. But that's another issue.

No, there is a whole generation or two or three who are seeing that government run anything is one big f u c k u p. The media can't really paper over this because the stink is subliminal even if it isn't being broadcast. Take, as an example, what the admin is doing right out of the gate to "fix" the problem. The admin is employing a surge of private industry tech experts to clean up the mess. That is an admission, albeit not an overt one...that would be too much to ask...that government screwed this up and government can NOT fix it. Hence, we get Verizon and others involved in making it work now. The media should, of course, be leading the charge on this. They should be conducting an inquisition in public during prime time. But, since it's their boy genius who is at the head of this clown show, they aren't. But my point here is that the media doesn't have to do anything. This mess is so big and so deep and so horrible that it needs very little investigation or promotion at all for the public (yes, even the low intelligence voters) to see it for what it really is.

Don't count on it......   It will be spun and it will spin.    And Republicans and conservatives will not be on top (and even if somehow Republicans did,  they would squander it away).   

Its part of the plan!   All the blame will be set on big insurance companies,  greedy CEO's and Republicans.   All the blame can easily be put on insurance companies since they are the ones charging the high prices.     It will be proof to the true believers and low info voters that the private sector cannot be trusted, even with tons of government oversight.     

Single payer is even MORE in play now,  believe it or not.    People ignore how terrible other "developed" countries single payers systems are.   They will ignore it in this case too.   We have decades of government incompetence already and yet people still want the government in control of something as important as healthcare.   In fact its one of their arguments for it.   Its too important for profits................   They may get single payer by merely passing price controls,  which will drive out private insurance companies by default.

Because every government screw up,,,, solution,,,,,,,,, IS MORE government.   Not the other way around.

And these douche bags have a big chance of retaking the House even with this "disaster".    Because some Republicans would rather be Democrat-lite or RINO's instead of embracing the reform of the tea party.

If Democrats retake the House,  single payer will be on the table in 2015-6.  Forget about getting the Senate in 2014.  We may have it in motion before Obama second term is up.

The only thing that surprises me is the speed of their plan.   I was thinking single payer would take at least a decade.   Maybe its a mistake that it going this fast,  and hopefully it's  achilles heel.  But this regime is arrogant enough to think it can get it done before Barry leaves the White House.   It will be a huge feather in his cap if he leaves office with single payer coming in.   

I hope to God you are right.   But we have gotten to this point via stupidity and why would it end?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »
Latest on O-GlitchGate:

Administration Enforces Radiosilence On Obamacare Enrollment Numbers

Yes, the most transparently untransparent despotic regime in American history has issued a blanket gag-order on 0'Zer0care snafu's!

Meanwhile, in Congress...nothing but pointless verbal masturbation...

::pullhair::

One would think given a fustercluck of this magnitude that more than jawboning would be going on...

We are so porked!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 11:55:42 AM »
The Latin found in the code is used by programmers (and web designers) is typically referred to as "Greeking." There are many uses for it, but in this case it appears to be random text generated for examples. This suggests to me that the programmers were doing a lot of copy and pasting from god only knows where and were too stupid and/or lazy to remove the unneeded text.  ::falldownshocked::

I did hear Dana Loesh saying a few days ago that this IT firm has a dismal track record and even used open source code and failed to give credit to the original authors. Unfreakingreal. Just coupled with the above this is not only the height of laziness but beyond incompetent.  ::gaah::  The more and more I learn about this I can't help but think that this was intentional.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
Just in case anyone in the NJ disaster from last fall, Sandy storm, are wondering why is relif effort riddled with so many jumps and hoops, CGI was employed by the government to handle that boondoggle as well!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2013, 01:06:08 PM »
Just in case anyone in the NJ disaster from last fall, Sandy storm, are wondering why is relif effort riddled with so many jumps and hoops, CGI was employed by the government to handle that boondoggle as well!

Lol, doesn't surprise me.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2013, 01:27:20 PM »

What's so frustrating is that nothing can penetrate this mindset that government can/should/will do this or that. No amount of examples of gross incompetence and inefficiency can dissuade these people from always wanting to put some new thing under government management. For these people it really is about nothing more than some perverse satisfaction that it's at least sh*tty for everyone else too, especially their designated enemies.

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »
The more and more I learn about this I can't help but think that this was intentional.

Same here. At this point I consider it most likely that the regime's website debacle is nothing less than a mechanism to Cloward-Piven the health care sector from every conceivable angle.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 07:16:15 AM »
More on the O'BungleCare code...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-28/obama-built-behold-obamacare-all-its-lines-code-glory

Don't like the product?  Call 1-800-f**kYO(U)!

Oh, and a poster at ZH linked this...not sure if it is real, but it is hilarious and might represent some Freudian slip of the hand!

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6521/funnypicturespart311.jpg

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »
He must think of Reggie every time he signs something....

- Yours Truly