Author Topic: Bunker2011  (Read 26902 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Bunker2011
« on: April 08, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »
Greetings, Bunker residents and new Forum members!

Welcome to the new version of the Forum's virtual bar/cafe/restaurant/pub. This is the place where you can drop in and discuss anything, topic miscellaneous. If you just feel like saying something, if you're happy or infuriated, or have a subject that you would like to discuss but don't want to start a whole new topic, come here and say it!

This place is called "The Bunker" because here we can hide from the world and escape from reality, just for a little while. Please don't be shy, the Bunker is open to all, no dress code necessary. No dress necessary at all....

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Bunker2011
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
I went to see 'Limitless' today and was surprised because it wasn't exactly what I expected. By the trailers, I figured that he was going to crash and burn at the end......oh well.....better shut up incase someone hasn't seen it yet.

Don't know what I will see next week yet?

Any suggestions?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »

Heard talk that "Atlas Shrugged" was good and the suggestion was that everyone
should turn out opening weekend in order to boost recognition.

The trailers look pretty good.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
We don't go to the moves, but when it comes out on DVD, I'll be there.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »

Last movie time in a theater was "Cat People".

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:56:53 AM »

Heard talk that "Atlas Shrugged" was good and the suggestion was that everyone
should turn out opening weekend in order to boost recognition.

The trailers look pretty good.

I didn't hear that anywhere, and I've independently had the same idea.  I plan to see it next Friday, and if I really like it I'll go back and see it again on Saturday to do what I can to give it a big opening weekend.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 06:34:20 AM »
Still have not seen Avatar . . .

Must be waitin for somebody to pay me to see it.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 07:32:34 AM »
Yes - I want to see Atals Shrugged - I just didn't know that it was coming out next weekend. I'll be there!!

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 08:24:01 AM »
Neither do I but for Atlas Shrugged I will be there!
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
My 17 yr old daughter is taking the ACT's today.
Lord help me survive the weekend, Amen!
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 08:58:21 AM »
9 am and I'm at the soccer field with one of my grandsons. Why so early in the morning???

Offline michelleo

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
Weisshaupt and I haven't gone to the movies in ages, but we recently did go see Battle: LA, and were quite pleased.  We wouldn't have gone had it not been recommended by Bill Whittle who's trying to get Declaration Entertainment off the ground. 

Wow, who knew?  Hollywood can still produce a movie about American soldiers actually being heroic, and not the enemy (like they were in Avatar). 

I highly recommend it. 

And yes, I plan to be at Atlas Shrugged opening weekend.  I've been trying to get through the book before I see the movie.  It's rather difficult, because it's so damn depressing - reading about the slow decay of infrastructure and industry, individualism, and achievement and then watching it actually unfold in reality before my very eyes.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 10:44:37 AM »
Weisshaupt and I haven't gone to the movies in ages, but we recently did go see Battle: LA, and were quite pleased.  We wouldn't have gone had it not been recommended by Bill Whittle who's trying to get Declaration Entertainment off the ground. 

Wow, who knew?  Hollywood can still produce a movie about American soldiers actually being heroic, and not the enemy (like they were in Avatar). 

I highly recommend it. 

And yes, I plan to be at Atlas Shrugged opening weekend.  I've been trying to get through the book before I see the movie.  It's rather difficult, because it's so damn depressing - reading about the slow decay of infrastructure and industry, individualism, and achievement and then watching it actually unfold in reality before my very eyes.

Oh man this is creepy :o

I've been to so many movies lately that I can't remember if I watched Battle:LA or not. ::bashing::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »

Last movie I went into a theater to watch was one of the "Pokemon" movies. I can't even remember what year it was!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »
I have anxiety over seeing Atlas Shrugged in a condensed format, but I will probably go see it and pass judgement after digesting the effort.  I may actually go to a movie only once or twice a year at most, if at all.  I just have nothing in common with most of those people and it is often reflected in what gets doled out to the consumer.

Hey Damn Lucky, I like your Chesty Puller quote.  My favorite of his was when he first saw a flamethrower demonstrated and asked "Where does the bayonet go?"!!!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 01:02:23 PM »
The last movie I saw in a theater was "Team America: World Police", which was a few years ago.  I don't want to give the Hollyweird leftists any more of my money.  I did see Bill Whittle's video about "Battle:LA", so I should probably check that one out.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »
I can hardly believe it. I just almost got n a fight with a 17 year old rugby player at my sons rugby match. Unreal. Kids have no sense and no respect. Ill explain more when I'm off my phone.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »
I can hardly believe it. I just almost got n a fight with a 17 year old rugby player at my sons rugby match. Unreal. Kids have no sense and no respect. Ill explain more when I'm off my phone.

Hoo boy.  Awaiting the details .....

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »

What to do when your boyfriend throws like a girl?

Sexy girl throws her OWN clays and shoots off her 12 gauge!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »

Hoo boy.  Awaiting the details .....

So I'm watching my boy's team play in their first rugby game of the season. Brutal frikkin sport if you've never seen it. One of my boy's good friends, Nick, got his ankle buckled under him, got trampled and ended up at the bottom of the pile. It turned out to be a severe high ankle sprain, and it happened directly in front of my wife and I and our little girl, not more than 5-10 yards from where we were sitting in lawn chairs. As the injury occurred and for the few moments after, Nick was screaming in agony, yelling "my ankle, my ankle", and for several awful moments, the game play continued with him at the bottom of the pile, screaming. His mother was just to our left, mortified.

After they got the other kids peeled off and the trainer and coaches were looking after him, a group of about 5 of the opposing players from the older kids' squad who were sitting on the ground just to my right began mocking Nick, quietly crying out the words he had cried out, and laughing. They made fun of him yelling out, saying that his injury wasn't as bad as he was making it sound. Called him a pussy. I looked over at his mom, and she was oblivious, but it was pissing me off.

They kept it up, so finally I looked over and I said, "You kids should shut your mouths." They were silent for about 5 uncomfortable seconds, and then one smart ass says, "Yeah, we should shut our mouths", and they all laughed. I said, "You should be ashamed of yourselves. The kid's hurt, why would you mock him?" Again, silence for a moment, and then the same kid says, "Yeah, we should be ashamed of ourselves," and they all laughed again. I said, "Little smartasses, aren't you? Little tough guys. Real cool fellas." The same kid, "Oooh, we're f**king smartasses." Then I said, "What a bunch of assholes." The same kid, "Yup, that's me. I'm an asshole," more laughter. I said, "Who in the hell do you guys think you are?"

In an instant, one of the kids who had been facing away from me the whole time - strong, athletic young Black kid - jumps up and moved towards me in a threatening manner. I was with my wife and 6 year old daughter, so I was out of my seat just as quickly squaring off. A couple of his teammates grabbed him, but he was gesturing to me with his hands like "c'mon".

I said "Who in the hell do you think you are kid? You're actually thinking your going to fight a parent at your school rugby game? Seriously? Daddy beat you one too many times?" By that time some parents from the kid's team came over, some of them were trying to pull him away, and some of them were telling me to sit down. I was saying, "f**k you, I ain't sitting down. This prick threatened me. Get him outa my face. And teach your kids some sportsmanship and some respect for their elders."

I refused to move, so they all relocated further down the sidelines.

It was a bad scene.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson