Author Topic: NSA Collects Your Email Contact Lists  (Read 370 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
NSA Collects Your Email Contact Lists
« on: October 15, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
NSA Collects Your Email Contact Lists

http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/NSASpy/Should-the-NSA-Spy-on-Americans-/id/78/kw/default?promo_code=152DC-1

I took the poll and then saw the results with exactly the same responses I submitted.

Bear in mind that this collection is taking place in foreign countries for the NSA, and that the NSA received no authority to do this. Holderandflushem is the lead culprit.

Do you believe that former NSA employee Edward Snowden is a hero or traitor?

Yes, he is a hero 30,048 (64%)

Yes, he is a traitor 16,425 (35%)

Is it acceptable for the NSA to spy on Americans to stop terrorism?

Yes, acceptable 12,940 (26%)

No, not acceptable 35,238 (73%)

Do you trust President Barack Obama and his administration to oversee the NSA's spying activities?

Yes 5,312 (10%)

No 43,065 (89%)

If you had a choice between more spying and less terrorism, or less spying but greater privacy, which would you choose?

More spying, less terrorism 12,131 (25%)

Less spying, more privacy 35,974 (74%)

While I don't really consider Snowden to be a hero, I cannot believe that he's a traitor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:55:06 AM by oldcoastie6468 »
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: NSA Collects Your Email Contact Lists
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
I'm sure your contacts are one of their most desired pieces of information. They like to build graphs of individuals and their associations. That's why they also log who you call, and then they log who that person calls, and so on for several iterations. They use all this to build a web of connections between individuals.

Even all of us who use this forum probably already have little connections mapped between us in their graph.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NSA Collects Your Email Contact Lists
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
Snowden is more of a "hero" than Julian Assange IMO because Assange didn't do anything but encourage asswipes like Bradley Manning who put real people at risk, Snowden is bringing actions to light as a warning and that he was forced to do so outside of the US highlights just how lawless the US truly is and how at-risk whistleblowers really are despite laws designed to protect them.  The hypocrisy and open lawlessness of the US is there for all to see...the real tragedy is why so many Americans are letting it happen.

I spit on the fascists!

Addendum on all electronic communications:

"To the fascists intercepting this communication illegally, please note your actions and the people conducting them will be held accountable one way or another.  Have a swell day!"

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.