Author Topic: CO School: Boy allowed to use girls bathroom, nothing you can do  (Read 1497 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Nightmare: Teen Boy Harasses Girls in Their Bathroom, Colo. School Tells Girls They Have No Rights

Florence, Colo.--Attorneys with Pacific Justice Institute sent a strongly-worded letter this afternoon to school officials at Florence High School, warning them against squelching student privacy and speech rights in order to cater to the wishes of a teenage boy who has been entering girls’ bathrooms on campus.

“This is a nightmare scenario for the teenage girls—some of them freshmen—and their parents at this school,” noted PJI staff attorney Matthew McReynolds, who sent the letter to Principal Brian Schipper and Superintendent Rhonda Vendetti. “This is exactly the kind of horror story we have been warning would accompany the push for radical transgender rights in schools, and it is the type of situation that LGBT activits have been insisting would not happen.”
Parents at the school, located near Colorado Springs, became irate when they learned that a teenage boy was entering girls’ bathrooms and, according to some students, even making sexually harassing comments toward girls he was encountering.  When the parents confronted school officials, they were stunned to be told the boy’s rights as a self-proclaimed transgender trumped their daughters’ privacy rights.  As the controversy grew, some students were threatened by school authorities with being kicked off school athletic teams or charged with hate crimes if they continued to voice concerns.  The parents became aware of PJI’s Notice of Reasonable Expectation of Privacy and contacted PJI for help.

The letter sent today by PJI explains that the non-transgender students retain significant privacy rights that are being ignored by the school.  The letter also points out that Florence High has not taken minimal precautions such as requiring the student to continuously and exclusively identify with one gender.  According to student witnesses, he sometimes uses girls’ bathrooms and other times uses boys’ facilities.

More @ Link...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:03:28 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: CO School: Boy allowed to use girls bathroom, nothing you can do
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »
Liberalism has destroyed my country.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »
Seriously, people sending their kids to these cesspools are guilty of real child abuse and should be banned from having or caring for children.

Until public school districts are defunded due to lack of student population not a damn thing will change.

Well, that's not entirely accurate...this will get progressively worse!

Until people wake up and act accrodingly I am finding it truly difficult to give a damn...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

Send them to another school or homeschool.

BUT many of these parents will eventually accept this.

I can't tell you how many times people said to me about my homeschooling "You can't protect your children forever."
My feeling?  How about while they're children???

I'm glad some contacted this attorney but the reason this kid felt the freedom to act this way is because the deviants know they have the freedom to act because the rest of the community are a bunch of ninnys afraid to offend anyone.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
.....but the reason this kid felt the freedom to act this way is because the deviants know they have the freedom to act because the rest of the community are a bunch of ninnys afraid to offend anyone.

YOU GET IT!! Someone needs to knock him on his ass, or as we say "Give him an attitude adjustment".
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tania513

• Likes the place
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
Though, I agree, bullying can happen in anywhere. Schools are just more well known(if you will),for it to happen. However, bullying can happen in any school, not just public, and it can continue, as, we have found out, on social media(facebook). School officials can only act if the  bullying is on school grounds.
Then what happens? That is why parents have to more involved, and encourage their kids to be involved. I feel too many parents give in too easily, give theit kids everything under the sun.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
Not only that they give their children everything without understanding the value of earning anything, many parents are so self-absorbed they don't notice their kids are bullies or are being bullied.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."