Author Topic: VA Clinics and Hospitals  (Read 751 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
VA Clinics and Hospitals
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
Why do VA Clinics and Hospitals have so much trouble staffing their facilities? Many clinics have only a bare minimum of nurses and doctors to remain viable, and a new VA Hospital near here cannot find enough staff to truly open the facility.

I realize that in this day and age such people can usually make more than a VA facility can pay, but the bottom's falling out of the non-military facilities with all the promised (another lie) "free care for everyone" locations either closing or cutting back severely.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: VA Clinics and Hospitals
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »
Government service never is all that attractive salary-wise for skilled personnel...and in general it usually attracts an element it shouldn't...but I think healthcare is an example where highly trained professionals have much better options.  Same with other highly skilled positions in government...does the CDC or DOE hire the best of the brightest?  No, those people stay in the private sector or in the heavily subsidized world of academia and feed off of legislative handouts!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.