Author Topic: New guy from Kazoo, MI  (Read 10442 times)

Offline KCW1950

• Newb
New guy from Kazoo, MI
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »
Not sure what to do next. I will just set back and observe for a while. I am very conservative almost libertarian.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: New guy from Kazoo, MI
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

There's no real secret what to do next. Pick a topic that looks interesting, and if a comment springs to mind, engage. If you come across something on the web that you think would be of interest to the folks here, grab the link and a snip of their content, and start your own thread for others to engage.

If there's anything we can do to help; any questions we can answer, feel free to ask.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
Not sure what to do next. I will just set back and observe for a while. I am very conservative almost libertarian.

Jump in! The water's fine!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
I jumped in the first day.  Normally I take a bit of time to test the waters but after reading a few threads I knew this was the place for me!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline KCW1950

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

Kazoo?  Don'tcha mean Kalamazoozoo?   :D 

I'm from Michigan myself originally from a small town midway between Gaylord and Alpena but settled here in Hampton Roads after retiring from the Navy.

Welcome aboard friend.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
Welcome aboard, grab a chair and pick a topic and type away!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

I'm from Michigan myself originally from a small town midway between Gaylord and Alpena but settled here in Hampton Roads after retiring from the Navy.

Welcome aboard friend.

Hey OS, I was stationed at Wurthsmith AFB in Oscoda back in the day.  I really enjoyed my time in that part of the world, but the winters were so gawd awful cold.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »
  Use the smilies as much as possible.   ::grouphug::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »

Welcome aboard friend.

Hey OS, I was stationed at Wurthsmith AFB in Oscoda back in the day.  I really enjoyed my time in that part of the world, but the winters were so gawd awful cold.

Yeah.  I got spoiled ... outside of 4 years stationed at Great Mistakes outside of Chicago I spent all of my Navy career in warmer climes.  Last January I had to go home for a funeral and the 10 below weather 'bout did me in.

"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
I'm from Michigan myself originally from a small town midway between Gaylord and Alpena.[/quote]

Atlanta?

Welcome to Kazoo!
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
I'm from Michigan myself originally from a small town midway between Gaylord and Alpena.

Atlanta?

[/quote]

Yup.  My brother still lives on the old farm or what's left of it, and one of my sisters lives midway between there and Hillman.

I don't miss this ...  ::snoshovel:: or this ::winter::

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »
Don't blame ya.  I had a hunting camp 10 miles N of Hillman about 20 years ago.

Offline OldSailor

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »
Don't blame ya.  I had a hunting camp 10 miles N of Hillman about 20 years ago.

There used to be good hunting up there, above Pleasant Valley Road.  I haven't heard if there still is.  Brother says there's lots of deer that come near the house to feed on the apples but most are small, don't know if that's just perception or reality.  Old school chum bagged an 8 point buck last week so they can't all be spike horns and does.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
Horn soup is over rated, eh.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »
Horn soup is over rated, eh.

Do you like your horny soup?  ::exitstageleft::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
From Michigan myself until 1985, northern suburb of Detroit.  Also had cabin north of West Branch, loved the deer hunting there, plus trout fishing Au Sable River.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 06:24:54 PM »
Sweet, we almost constitute a quorum now.