Author Topic: What would our Founding Fathers approve of?  (Read 701 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
What would our Founding Fathers approve of?
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:09:32 PM »
Chitcago Edition

"That's not what the founders of this nation envisioned when they gave us the gift of self-government.

::eagle::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: What would our Founding Fathers approve of?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don't break it. Don't break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That's not being faithful to what this country's about."

The Leftists always tell us exactly what they intend to do when they project their desired actions on their opposition.

ETA: Listening to this piece if human scat admonish me over exactly what he himself is doing makes me feel... violent.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:18:50 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »
Chitcago Edition

"That's not what the founders of this nation envisioned when they gave us the gift of self-government.

::eagle::

cut to the comments:
MNHAWK
"That's not what the founders of this nation envisioned when they gave us the gift of self-government."

Chitcago garbage gave us the gift of being able to recognize just how awesome Chitcago garbage is.
yep, aren't we lucky?

Nothing more disgusting than this guy lecturing us on the Founding Fathers. Imagine how he'd treat them if he met them.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
...Nothing more disgusting than this guy lecturing us on the Founding Fathers. Imagine how he'd treat them if he met them.

I prefer to imagine how they'd treat him::guillotine:: (we don't have a noose .gif)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:25:02 PM »
...Nothing more disgusting than this guy lecturing us on the Founding Fathers. Imagine how he'd treat them if he met them.

I prefer to imagine how they'd treat him::guillotine:: (we don't have a noose .gif)

I've often wondered myself...

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »

I've often wondered myself...

^^^^
Nice
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »
"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don't break it. Don't break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That's not being faithful to what this country's about."

The Leftists always tell us exactly what they intend to do when they project their desired actions on their opposition.

ETA: Listening to this piece if human scat admonish me over exactly what he himself is doing makes me feel... violent.

I didn't hear much of his lecture....but I did hear this particular part. I don't know if he is incredibly stupid or incredibly evil to allow those words to spew from his lips. Absolutely no conscience.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
I vote evil.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »

We do now. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »

We do now. 

::cool:: ::bows::

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 08:12:20 PM »

We do now. 

Thanky!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

We do now. 

Thanky!

::cool:: ::bows::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
Perfect!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »
I don't know if he is incredibly stupid or incredibly evil to allow those words to spew from his lips. Absolutely no conscience

The teleprompter made me do it
 ::exitstageleft::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »
My favorite bit of shameless hypocrisy is...

And now that the government has reopened and this threat to our economy is removed, all of us need to stop focusing on the lobbyists, and the bloggers, and the talking heads on radio and the professional activists who profit from conflict, and focus on what the majority of Americans sent us here to do, and that's grow this economy, create good jobs, strengthen the middle class, educate our kids, lay the foundation for broad-based prosperity and get our fiscal house in order for the long haul. That's why we're here. That should be our focus.

...said the person who, until he got elected via Chicago machine politics, was a community organizer...his first and only "career" prior to gaining elected office.

Isn't it great having a world class asshole for our president?

Side note: The mark of a small mind...you surround yourself with people who are no smarter than yourself so that there is no way that they could or would point out the stupidity of the above statement given your own personal history and resume. This guy is a vain idiot.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:14:44 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 07:28:19 AM »
To know who Obama is talking about one need only hold a mirror in front of his incubus face!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.