Author Topic: Newcomer  (Read 5743 times)

Offline rhoyt1

• Newb
Newcomer
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
I'm not quite certain if this is getting posted to the right place, but from what I've read so far, someone will make certain it gets to the right place.

I could probably have cut and pasted some of the words used by other newbies, Conservative with Libertarian tendencies, a Constitutionalist (although I wouldn't be upset if there were a few tweaks like "it is a federal offense for anyone who has taken the oath of office to tell a single lie). I think the shutdown should have continued but it got waylaid BECAUSE it was about to work. I could go on but there will be more later. Oh, I like craft beer, cigars, and The Big Bang Theory. If any of this indicates that I have registered on the wrong website please let me know. Oh, BTW, what grabbed me was the Twitter avatar. Not sure how to end this so.....

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Newcomer
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

(You posted your intro in the right place)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »
hello and welcome

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »
Big Bang Theory ROCKS, welcome.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 06:32:38 PM »
Welcome.

Now get out in the mix and have at it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
Welcome friend.  Go ahead and post your opinion, just be advised that most of these guys aren't shy about giving theirs.   ;D
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »
Light up a fine puro and pour a cold one and chat away!  Welcome aboard!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.