Author Topic: #RaviPrager  (Read 1624 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
#RaviPrager
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:53:27 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: #RaviPrager
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »
@PablodeFleurs
Is there absolute #truth, is there a commander, an author or am I my own commander? #Metrics #GoodAndEvil #RaviPrager

• Moral Soil: Cut-flower ethics (wither & die in 1-2 generations)
• When you do away with absolutes… then right & wrong is defined as being politically correct.
• Our belief in God is gradually being eroded & our belief in values is being eroded at the same time...
• If you ask the average person what is the one institution they distrust the most, it would probably be the political institution #RaviPrager
• There are 3 kinds of cultures: Theonomous culture, Heteronomous culture, Autonomous culture
• A theonomous culture is when God’s law is written on the heart of humanity & we live by natural law...
• A heteronomous culture is when a few people dictate beliefs from the top & everyone must live by them...
• An autonomous culture is when everyone does their own thing & there is no sense of absolutes…

Foxworthy stuns crowd with serious question: what are biggest lies in our culture today? ...

• When truth is placed into a moral soil, it will sprout & bring forth the right kind of fruit.
• We can talk because our goal is communion with God. But how do you talk to someone whose goal is purely material & sensual?
• When truth is placed into a moral soil, it will sprout & bring forth the right kind of fruit.
• Men need other men to be better – even those opposed to us can sharpen us.
• Taking God’s name in vain? – Torah says Do not #carry (commit evil acts) God’s name in vain. #GodBlessPlannedParenthood? #RaviPrager

• The 10 Commandments can be summarized in 1 word, #Sacred. God, Life, Marriage, etc. are all sacred. #RaviPrager
• The real poisonous lie is to think that you can violate sacred boundaries God has set & in that violation find your happiness.
• @PablodeFleurs Are #Universities leaving their student's #soul's empty? Why the hunger for #RZIM & #RaviPrager on campus? #GodShapedHole #Morality
• Whenever you want to cross a fence, always pause & ask yourself why it was put there in the first place.
• @HashtagPros - #RaviPrager is trending right now! Way to go twitter friends! @DennisPrager @RaviZacharias
• @PablodeFleurs - Are you gonna’ be #Jonah & run away? Or will you face God's holy fire and be tempered into trial shaped bits of clay? #RaviPrager #Trials
• Pleasure unbounded by sacredness will leave you emptier than before.
• The 10 Commandments can be summed up in 1 word: sacred.
• What is means to be human is to be created in the image of God
• People are eager to listen if you will present the truth to them with identification, translation, persuasion, justification.
• One must articulate profound issues with relevance & courtesy… express the truth undergirded by courtesy & grace.
• Ad Hominem attacks aside, who ARE the #brilliant #secular writers/thinkers/speakers & WHAT are they saying (besides attacking)? #RaviPrager
• #OUCH! @DennisPrager body slams @RichardDawkins as an intellectual lightweight. The man may know some #biology, but that's it!) #RaviPrager  ::bustamove::
• If truth is not undergirded by love, it makes the possessor of that truth obnoxious & the truth repulsive.
• Truth is that which describes reality as it actually is; it must have correspondence & coherence.
• "Pilate is the greatest example of modern times. He asked, 'What is truth?' & then he refused to wait for the answer."

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:21:57 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:41:47 PM »
Thank You Pablo!

Because of you I was able to see this wonderful event. I know Dennis talked about it on his show and I would have loved to be there but this was the next best thing.

I  just love Ravi and am too a huge fan and admirer of Dennis. Even though Dennis is not born again Yet!  He is one of the best teachers I have heard on the Old Testament.

I would also like very much to see a debate with Dennis and Dr. Michael Brown.

Again thanks Pablo
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »
Thank You Pablo!

Because of you I was able to see this wonderful event. I know Dennis talked about it on his show and I would have loved to be there but this was the next best thing.

I  just love Ravi and am too a huge fan and admirer of Dennis. Even though Dennis is not born again Yet!  He is one of the best teachers I have heard on the Old Testament.

I would also like very much to see a debate with Dennis and Dr. Michael Brown.

Again thanks Pablo

You're welcome, Magnum - a pleasure - thanks for reading!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 06:05:45 AM »
@PablodeFleurs
#Kneejerk #atheism: the state of being a malcontent w/ your professed choice on the eternity option, yet still #angry/ranting @ believers.

It's really simple: choose...& then be firm & resolved in that choice. The ONLY reason we hear the rabid rants & raves from the likes of Dawkins & Harris is that they're...

...losing their "religion."

(weak argument - scream LOUDER!)