Author Topic: Somebody left the north door open...Canada is leaking down on us!  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Somebody left the north door open...Canada is leaking down on us!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
I guess the climate is changing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »
Looks like it will just barely bypass my corner of CO. And I'm totally okay with that.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:11:59 PM »
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I want the weather wienies all upset and anxious for the warm, 'cause they ain't happy unless it's hot weather in Nawth C'lina.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »

Hold your tongue! For the love of all that is good!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 10:52:50 PM »

Hold your tongue! For the love of all that is good!

OoooKAY! Jeez!  It doesn't have to snow by you, ya know.   ::unknowncomic::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
Good. I hope it spills down out of Canada and doesn't quit until April. I love when those arctic air masses come down, the air is clean and cold, and DRY. When you live in the South, you get sick of spending 8-9 months a year feeling you just waded through a pond with your clothes on.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
Good. I hope it spills down out of Canada and doesn't quit until April. I love when those arctic air masses come down, the air is clean and cold, and DRY. When you live in the South, you get sick of spending 8-9 months a year feeling you just waded through a pond with your clothes on.

See!  I'm not the only one.  Should Glock's wish be granted, MN can be spared in order to save it up for the South.  Win/win.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 11:44:53 PM »
MN is never spared.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:11 AM »
We had our first snow of the season last week. I've been living here for almost 20 years and it's never snowed before November 1st. So...I am not exactly anxious for anything that looks like a major winter.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 07:17:49 AM »
I haven't put the motorcycle away yet...still feeling hosed from that extended winter into spring crap...technically we haven't had an Indian Summer yet...I want some more warm weather and I want it now!

OK, I done angered the evil Boosh weather thingy...I'm screwed!

::unknowncomic::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »
Technically, we haven't had a freeze...yet.

Yep, next week it will be barely breaking 40, at a time of year when normal is upper 50's.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »
I'm planning on taking our popup to the dealer today to have it winterized. I'm not yet confident to do it myself.  ::eyes::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
We had our first snow of the season last week. I've been living here for almost 20 years and it's never snowed before November 1st. So...I am not exactly anxious for anything that looks like a major winter.

I alternate my time between the city and the mountains here in NC. I'm still amazed what difference a few thousand feet of elevation does to the climate. They should get their first snow up there sometime mid next week (just a dusting). The first snow is almost always in the last week of October. Yet 80 miles away as the crow flies and we might go all winter without ever seeing even a flake.

I'm not sure if any of this says anything about the coming winter. I remember a couple years ago the northeast had a record blizzard on Halloween but the rest of the winter ended up being milder and with less snow than normal.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 02:25:40 PM »
Rained all night, had snow/sleet (snert) mixed with rain this morning...not far north of here all snow...folks say snow on the ground up at the lake...

Oct 20th.   :P

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
Rained all night, had snow/sleet (snert) mixed with rain this morning...not far north of here all snow...folks say snow on the ground up at the lake...

Keep it up there, at least until the leaves have fallen around these parts. Then let it snow, let it snow!  ::siren:: 

My little John Deere and I make $$$$$ plowing neighbors' driveways. AFTER I plow our 600' driveway, that is.......

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 07:36:12 AM »

Keep it up there, at least until the leaves have fallen around these parts. Then let it snow, let it snow!  ::siren:: 

My little John Deere and I make $$$$$ plowing neighbors' driveways. AFTER I plow our 600' driveway, that is.......

My BIL does that, has been doing it for years.  Could be a good season for him.

I helped out some years back to earn extra cash...working in the late hours, listening to Coast to Coast and jacked up on caffeine and tobacco and wind-rowing the Red Lobster parking lot like a mad man...

PS-Stay away from apartments and mini-storage places, they the worst!

We'll try to keep it up here, but, as the saying goes...sh*t happens!

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
About 10 years ago, my neighbor and I (he also had a John Deere garden tractor) spent 7 hours plowing everyone's driveway on this street and another large driveway on an intersecting street. He wouldn't charge anyone, but I did; my tractor needs fuel and maintenance.

I've also loaded my tractor onto my equipment trailer and made some cash plowing driveways around this area. I charge $25 - $35, which is far less than getting some guy in a pickup with a plow. My tractor can also get into areas that a truck cannot plow - like sidewalks and nooks and crannies in the driveway.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:37:17 AM by oldcoastie6468 »