Author Topic: The West Coast is being fried by radiation from Fukushima  (Read 2262 times)

RickZ

Re: The West Coast is being fried by radiation from Fukushima
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
The best seafood we ever had was in Myrtle Beach, SC.

No bragging, but I do better shrimp at home than I can buy out.  The best fish dish I ever had I made.  Pan sautéed sole with a roasted pepper/caper/calamata olive sauce.  Absolutely sublime.

The one seafood I love buying out (too much of a pain in the @ss to make at home) is smoked mackerel/sea trout.  I love smoked fish with a horseradish cream sauce.  I can make the horseradish cream sauce, but forget about smoking the fish part.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

No bragging, but I do better shrimp at home than I can buy out. 

I'd eat at your cooking any time.   ::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »

That's not surprising. Myrtle Beach is just down the road from Calabash, NC, which has an entire style of seafood named after it. It's excellent stuff.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 10:32:24 PM »
Myrtle Beach.

My mom grew up in S.C. Can't tell you how many times I've heard her say "I should have bought property in Myrtle Beach."

I guess she really liked it. I've only been there once and I don't really remember it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."