Author Topic: Obama Will Insist on Tax Hikes in Budget Deal  (Read 384 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Obama Will Insist on Tax Hikes in Budget Deal
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
Obama Will Insist on Tax Hikes in Budget Deal
October 17, 2013 - 6:46 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - As part of the deal to end the government shutdown and extend the debt limit, the House and Senate have agreed to begin long-stalled budget negotiations. The conferees planned to meet Thursday morning for breakfast -- to "break the ice," the Associated Press reported.

Once the actual talks get underway, President Obama will insist that tax hikes be part of the solution.

"The president has insisted that in the budget negotiations that he's been calling for all year, everything has to be on the table. And that will be his position going forward," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Wednesday.

Carney said what Obama believes is fair is reflected in the fiscal 2014 budget proposal he's already submitted. At the same time, Carney said Obama knows that neither he nor anyone else will get everything they want in a final deal.

"And that's the nature of compromise," Carney said.

"But he firmly believes that balance, when it comes to further reducing our deficits and building on the work that has been done over these past four years in which we have reduced our deficits...by half, we need to continue to take a balanced approach so that no sector of society unfairly has to bear the brunt of that project. That's always been his position and it will be his position moving forward."

"Balance" to Obama means tax hikes.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obama-will-insist-tax-hikes-budget-deal
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama Will Insist on Tax Hikes in Budget Deal
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
Wait, didn't I read on another thread that Obongo is going to stay out of budget negotiations?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Obama Will Insist on Tax Hikes in Budget Deal
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
He doesn't negotiate...he issues demands...surrogates join in on the bullying until the Pubblies collapse into ankle-grabbing surrender and then the rest of the GOP ends up in the fetal position sobbing and wetting themselves...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.