Author Topic: CNN is Being Paid to Keep Stories Off The Air  (Read 1801 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
CNN is Being Paid to Keep Stories Off The Air
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
CNN is Being Paid to Keep Stories Off The Air

Three-time Emmy winning journalist and former CNN reporter Amber Lyon is blowing the whistle on CNN. She says the network is paid by the Obama administration and foreign governments to avoid damaging stories and construct attractive narratives.

Lyon called CNN, “fake news.”

Lyon explained she was part of a four-person team send to Bahrain to cover the Arab Spring. The colorful footage illustrated the imminent danger both the team and native activists faced at the hands of radical Muslims.

But CNN never broadcasted the documentary because the U.S. supported the Bahrain regime. The Bahrain government also paid CNN not to broadcast it.

http://americanoverlook.com/cnn-is-being-paid-to-keep-stories-off-the-air/105420
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: CNN is Being Paid to Keep Stories Off The Air
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »
I'm shocked!

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 02:41:07 PM »
I'm shocked!

/

Me, too! It was a good thing I was sitting down when I saw this!

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »
I'm shocked!

/

Me, too! It was a good thing I was sitting down when I saw this!

What is CNN anyway?  Amerika's version of Al Jazeera?   ::hysterical::

And thanks to AlGore those clowns are now here too!  Must rankle CNN to have such stiff competition for disseminating propaganda!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:21:43 AM »
I don't know why they got paid. They would have gladly done it for free if asked.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
CNN and fake news.  Been going on for years, only we just suspected it, no proof.  The innertubes have changed all that.  Eason Jordon was fired after Operation Iraqi Freedom got underway because CNN paid Saddam Hussein for access, and tailored stories to put his regime in a good light; it was 1968 and the Tet Offensive all over again.  CNN does seem to like to put totalitarian regimes in a good light (See:  The Owebama Regime).

Some fake CNN news from Operation Desert Storm.  The opening scenes are in a studio, with fake scenery and a big fan blowing to fake the wind.  He then goes on the air wearing a different jacket.

CNN Fake Newscast Best Quality

Then there's this bit of CNN fakery.

CNN Busted For Faking Satellite Interview.

Yet CNN claims the title 'The Most Trusted Name in News' -- if you like your news to be fiction.

The last information I on this dweeb is he is now working for a Fox affiliate in St. Louis.  Any questions on why I don't watch any televised news, even Fox News Channel?

http://fox2now.com/author/ktvicjaco/

He's a graduate of the University of Chicago, and holds a Master's degree from Columbia University.

'Nuff said.

From December, 15, 2009:

http://newsbusters.org/people/charles-jaco

Charles Jaco, Former CNN Reporter Threatens Suit After Bloggers Accuse Him of 'Fake' News

A former war correspondent for CNN is threatening legal action against bloggers who suggest that video of him reporting the first Gulf War from a television studio is "fake news." The video shows Charles Jaco and another correspondent dramatically recounting events from the Persian Gulf, and later shows Jaco and the camera crew joking around in what appears to be a television studio (video embedded below the fold).

"My attorneys intend to act immediately against those of you receiving this who have sent and forwarded these emails accusing me of falsifying coverage," Jaco wrote in a memo to a local blogger who circulated the video via email. He also announced his intention to demand that LiveLink and YouTube remove the video from their respective sites.

That legal threat really worked as I grabbed the videos off of YouTube this morning.

This Jaco clown, along with the scrunts Susan Roesgen and Candy Crowley, among many, are names that should be as infamous as the name 'Typhoid Mary'.  Or 'p-o-t-a-t-o-E'.  Or Walter Duranty.

ETA:  More Jaco asshattery, this time aimed at 'Teabaggers'.

Media Abuse: Reporter Charles Jaco Physically Intimidates Tea Party Activist.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:22:57 AM by RickZ »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »
It's only been in the last few years that my dear husband started watching something other than CNN. He grew up in  Atlanta and was soooooooooooo loyal to CNN and Ted Turner.  I couldn't get him to watch anything else! He was convinced that they were "real news". I guess that the last few years got so bad he finally started watching other channels esp Fox News which I have to admit is starting to annoy me too. LOL!  He does sneak a peak at CNN.com but I know he often leaves comments directed at libs.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
I guess that the last few years got so bad he finally started watching other channels esp Fox News which I have to admit is starting to annoy me too. LOL!  He does sneak a peak at CNN.com but I know he often leaves comments directed at libs.

It's time for another conservative network to step up and compete with FoxNews. I lost all respect for them because they keep Shepard (Blow job) Smith as a lead "newsperson".

Shephard Smith Says BlowJob On Air

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »
Yep, that's when Fox News lost me all the way -- Shep's disgusting performance in the aftermath of Katrina.  I'd already tossed Hannity overboard because of Skeletor and gotten sick of Bill's bloviating.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 11:33:21 AM »
Poor Shep...born with a room tempature IQ and still too intelligent for CNN!   ::hysterical::

Fox and their "fair & balanced" BS annoys the crap out of me...until they drop that insanity my viewing is very limited.

Oh, and I think Jaco left off two "f's" after his name...probably intentional as it would be redundant albeit factual.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »
Yep, that's when Fox News lost me all the way -- Shep's disgusting performance in the aftermath of Katrina.  I'd already tossed Hannity overboard because of Skeletor and gotten sick of Bill's bloviating.

Now the only programs we watch on Fox are "The Five" and Bret Baer's broadcast. And those two not every day.

Offline Finrod

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
Pretty much the only time I watch live TV is for breaking news-type stories: election results, Republican Presidential speeches (can't stand to watch Obama lie his ass off and with Clinton you could see the slime oozing out your TV), and other such.  Times like those I'll only watch Fox.  Though if Republicans keep the House and take over the Senate in November 2014 I might flip over to MSNBC for just a few seconds to watch their world collapse in on itself.  Maybe, I don't know if I could stand to watch that inferior-to-a-test-pattern channel even in that case.

RickZ

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 02:49:23 AM »
MSNBC . . . that inferior-to-a-test-pattern channel

Okay, that was good.  Remember, theft is the highest form of compliment.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »
Heh, there's a lot out there a test-pattern can beat!