Author Topic: Could the Kenya attack happen here?  (Read 845 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Could the Kenya attack happen here?
« on: October 21, 2013, 01:16:52 AM »
It Did.

... On the evening of Feb. 12, 2007, a young Muslim man walked into the Trolley Square mall in Salt Lake City with a pistol-grip, 12-gauge shotgun and a 38-caliber revolver and opened fire on shoppers, killing five and wounding four others, including a pregnant woman.

... Twice as many people were killed at the Utah mall than the Boston Marathon. Yet the attack garnered few national headlines.

Local media wrote it off as the act of a madman, parroting the quick conclusion of law enforcement.

Officially, the FBI declared the mass shooting was not an act of terrorism.

“We were unable to pin down any particular motive,” said Tim Fuhrman, then-special agent in charge of the bureau’s field office in Salt Lake City. “Unfortunately, his motivations went to the grave with him.”
Modal Trigger

Sulejman TalovicPhoto: AP

But the FBI ignored much of the shooter’s background.

The shooter was Sulejmen Talovic, an 18-year-old Bosnian immigrant named after Suleiman the Magnificent, the 16th-century jihadist-turned-sultan.

... Before leaving for the mall, which was located just a few minutes from the mosque he attended, he showered and put on a necklace featuring a miniature Koran, a gift from his father.

Prior to his death, some witnesses overheard Talovic shouting “Allahu Akbar!” — or “Allah is greatest!” — a ritual cry of suicide terrorists.

Talovic was “described as religious,” according to the FBI communiqué, marked “Secret.” “He had attend the mosque regularly for Friday prayers.”

... Yet the Islamic element was so efficiently scrubbed from the Trolley Square terrorist attack that Salt Lake charities and local Mormons helped raise funds for Talovic’s family to prepare and ship their son’s bullet-ridden body to Bosnia for an Islamic burial.

The willful blindness (to borrow a phrase from former World Trade Center bombing prosecutor Andy McCarthy) to this Islamic factor does not engender confidence that law enforcement can effectively glean and analyze intelligence from the Muslim and immigrant communities to disrupt copycat attacks on malls and other domestic soft targets.

Did we know this?  I don't recall.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Could the Kenya attack happen here?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:34:42 AM »
A mall shooting, even by an islamofascist, is not the same as Kenya. That was a coordinated attack that had been planned in detail and carried out with brutal precision.

The problem with attacking a mall is that it has multiple exits/entrances which allow the targets to escape. A coordinated attack will shut down most of these escape avenues and drive the victims to slaughter. I don't see why a coordinated attack on a mall (obviously in a nice blue state with a gun free zone) couldn't get the death rate well into the dozens...especially if the attack came during a high traffic time such as during the holidays. Even with armed security present, a well planned and executed coordinated attack would be very bad.

Any successful attack that is comparable to Kenya would require planning, training, communications and, if they were at all smart, a quick getaway. The whole suicide aspect of one of these attacks is bad enough but, in my opinion, the terror factor is multiplied by several orders of magnitude if the killers get away. This happened with the Boston attack and the initial damage, while horrific, was made worse by the unknown nature of the perpetrators...how many, who were they, would they strike again, etc. The DC sniper attacks were of that nature.

I have been most surprised since 9/11 that we have not been hit again in a coordinated attack. It would not be that hard to do. A hospital. A public school. A nursing home. And yeah, a shopping mall.

I'm not surprised anymore that the media would cover up for islamotrash. They seem predisposed to do it for some stupid reason that I can't fathom. I suppose that it will take the media losing one or more of their own people to muslim scum before it becomes a cause celeb to get serious about the very real threat posed by muslims in our midst.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:53:58 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:47:34 AM »
The media covers for all those on the right side of the multi-culti divide...(hint - they ain't typically white folk!)...

I would not be surprised to see this kind of crap increase...it fits the left-wing meme to blame it all on the gun-culture even though the murders are not being carried out by lawful gun owners (the truth with the left is alwasy the first casulty, it's the cause that matters more to them, lying is just a means to their totalitarian ends)...so be prepared for more of the same.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
The media covers for all those on the right side of the multi-culti divide...(hint - they ain't typically white folk!)...

I would not be surprised to see this kind of crap increase...it fits the left-wing meme to blame it all on the gun-culture even though the murders are not being carried out by lawful gun owners (the truth with the left is alwasy the first casulty, it's the cause that matters more to them, lying is just a means to their totalitarian ends)...so be prepared for more of the same.

It's not a question of "if", only "when".
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:40:42 AM »

It's not a question of "if", only "when".

Said the same myself plenty of times...

Problem is, the solutions are wrong...increasing the power of the state, not the power of the people.  I went into this specifically in the LAX shooter thread.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.