Author Topic: Obama voters sign petition for "Orwellian, Nazi-Style" police state  (Read 1289 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
BEHOLD: People Signing A Petition To Get An Orwellian Police State Enacted Here In The US (video)

"We're petitioning to just keep the police state, and implement some more Orwellian measures to keep the community safe, for the Nazi-style police state."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama voters sign petition for "Orwellian, Nazi-Style" police state
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »
Betcha none of them know from Orwell.  You'd have thought "Nazi-style" would have alarmed them, but, nope.  Trade liberty for "safety".

WTH was this taken?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »
WTH was this taken?

San Diego. You know, that conservative military city.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »
 ::facepalm::

How in the hell did Dice stifle the urge to slap the living daylights out of these stupid, stupid people.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:23 AM »
I've heard Dice describe his technique. He said the two most important elements are to use that NPR voice, and to work "for Obama" (or something similar) into the question. Basically they are agreeable to anything if it is phrased as being something beneficial to Obama.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »
Two words to remember...double-tap.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.