Author Topic: Why do I get a sinking feeling about this?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Why do I get a sinking feeling about this?
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:02 AM »
There are times, when I think about the rapid and radical change that took place at Breitbart's "Bigs" in the wake of Andrew Breitbart's death; when I remember his PROMISE, in the days and weeks leading up to his death, that he had information on Obama's origin so completely damning that it would change everything; when I remember how I felt after his death, when Steve Bannon and Ben Shapiro followed through with that damning info, and it was... nothing... nothing...

In those times, as I look into the faces of Bannon and Shapiro at the helm of this radically transformed, commercialized venture that is Breitbart News, I wonder... I wonder...

Breitbart News has teamed up with Kurt Bardella, the longtime adviser to Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) who helped him fiercely combat liberals and the mainstream press on their turf.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Why do I get a sinking feeling about this?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:21:27 AM »
Why do you?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:37:03 AM »
My problem with The Bigs after Breitbart's death is the lack of anti-leftie passion.  The Bigs are now trying to be a main stream media conglomerate, are trying to be respectable, and I don't think Breitbart ever really worried about that.  Breitbart was into verbally confronting and challenging the left, being controversial, refusing to back down.  That passion is no longer evident at the increasingly corporate Bigs.

I also hate disqus, so that's another reason for my disappointment with The Bigs.  I hate disqus' layout and trying to track comments; the 'load more comments' setup sucks.  They can't have their own comment system?  My problems with disqus are numerous but this is my main problem:  The way disqus is set up, it's easy for a stalker to follow you.  I had one and had to block my posting history.  Defeats the purpose of having 'followers'.  Of course, disqus does nothing about stalkers.  But boy howdy will they delete 'bad' comments faster than Mooch cutting into the buffet line.

ETA:

Why do you?

Yes, do tell.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »
Why do you?

My problem with The Bigs after Breitbart's death is the lack of anti-leftie passion.  The Bigs are now trying to be a main stream media conglomerate, are trying to be respectable, and I don't think Breitbart ever really worried about that.  Breitbart was into verbally confronting and challenging the left, being controversial, refusing to back down.  That passion is no longer evident at the increasingly corporate Bigs.

Compound that with the man in question being an associate of Darrell Issa, who perpetually nips at the heels and never draws any blood to the point where one must ask if he's really trying at all...

Frankly, I don't buy that Andrew Breitbart died of a natural heart attack. Call me a conspiracy theorist. If he was killed, the easy thing to do is suspect that he was assassinated by the people he was outwardly attacking, like Leftist government operatives. His path was littered with exposed and humiliated Leftists.

But there are other motivations for murder. From all appearances, Bannon and Shapiro were trusted allies. But in the "who stood to gain" category, one could hardly look past them. Couple that with Breitbart's unfailing habit of not claiming to have the goods unless he had the goods, his open threat about video evidence, his subsequent death, and the absolute nothingness of the video "evidence" released by Bannon and Shapiro...

There are other motivations for murder, and some people who look like friends are not friends at all.

Just a feeling, not a conclusion.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:07:24 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »
FTA:
“We have been blessed with tremendous growth and success over the past 18 months, and we have even more aggressive expansion plans as we look ahead to 2014,” said Stephen K. Bannon, Executive Chairman of Breitbart News.

Andrew Breitbart: Feb 1, 1969 - March 1, 2012. 3/1/12 was oh... about 18 months ago. In other words, "since Andrew died and I took over, we've exploded."

So more succinctly: Corporate interests who directly benefitted from Brietbart's death (murder) are now in bed with an operative with close ties to the establishment GOP.

That = "bad feeling".

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »
I have to agree with IDP here, and I don't like it one bit just because of the troubling nature of Brietbart's media heirs' actions since the great man expired under more than curious circumstances.  We saw no great revelation in the wake of his untimely passing and the site he founded is going mainsteam...which is a polite way of saying it is losing its passion and principles...they apparently went with the founder.  It seems like at every turn the progressives have legitimate conservatives, libertarians and the Tea Party boxed in and when a breakout is about to happen something disastrous befalls us.  One cannot experience this much travesty and not think large dark forces are at work.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »
But boy howdy will they delete 'bad' comments faster than Mooch cutting into the buffet line.

That's the individual web site mods doing that.  I lasted an hour at TPM, before I was banned.  Seems the white trash there don't like having it pointed out that if blacks are hurt by voting laws aimed at all, then white trash think of blacks as lesser people.  Fun fun with that one!   ::laughonfloor::

Then there's Raw Story, in which I was gone in 30 seconds, venturing into a monkey cage which was already fully agitated as the story was about Alan Grayson.

Mediate I'm on permanent double super secret probation as I don't believe the founder likes to be mocked, when acting as a complete journalistic fraud STILL pushing the story of a OFA type signing up for Obamacare...after he admitted he couldn't sign up after all.

Nope, that's not discuss.  That's web sites modding.  I like discuss, as I don't have to remember 50 passwords.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 10:58:31 AM »
So, basically, we're screwed again? ::pullhair::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
I quit going to Breitbart when they changed it. I didn't like it and hated the comment set up.

I have a hard time believing Andrew would claim he had the goods and he didn't. Maybe he'd make a bigger deal out of something than it warranted but there was nothing. I don't believe that.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
They killed Breitbart and then killed the guy who examined his body. They killed Michael Hastings. They've killed who the hell knows else. Yeah I have the same impression of Issa, btw. He's a ringer like most of the GOP hacks in DC. Why couldn't he make Fast & Furious stick? He should've at least been able to get Holder with that one.

The conventional wisdom is that he's some shark, a real tenacious bulldog. Bulldog? More like bullsh*t. The GOP is that team playing against the Harlem Globetrotters, they're supposed to lose. Losing is winning.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 06:11:15 AM »
They killed Breitbart and then killed the guy who examined his body. They killed Michael Hastings. They've killed who the hell knows else. Yeah I have the same impression of Issa, btw. He's a ringer like most of the GOP hacks in DC. Why couldn't he make Fast & Furious stick? He should've at least been able to get Holder with that one.

The conventional wisdom is that he's some shark, a real tenacious bulldog. Bulldog? More like bullsh*t. The GOP is that team playing against the Harlem Globetrotters, they're supposed to lose. Losing is winning.

You're making an assumption that eGOPs even want to get on the court to play the game in the first place.  Better to just mail in their forfeit and say 'we tried, but couldn't muster up enough players'.  Now if only we had bookies upset at their forfeit, we might see a few disappearances for losing all that money.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »
Bah!  They're all part of the same cabal.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »
I cannot trust and have no use for any politician. Except maybe for target practice.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »
I love my politicians!

Pull!

::laughonfloor::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »
Pull my finger?

::eagle::

::thinking::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »
I am guessing the biggest part of Breitbart's Obama story died with him.   It wasn't on a computer, on paper or whatever,  just in Andrew's head,  waiting for the right moment.    Unfortunately,  the right moment didn't get a chance.   I wonder what he had on Barry,  it must have been good.       I have heard of only one other person get close to Barry's real story,  and he couldn't prove it enough, though he was pretty close  (he believes Barry was part of the Weather Underground!),  and that person would have never been heard by many,  not even in conservative circles even.

Steve Bannon and Ben Shapiro probably only knew of pieces of the story (its clear they didn't know the whole thing).   Even if they did know the whole story,  it still wouldn't have gone as far with Breitbart.   They never will have the impact that only Andrew could have done.  Neither Steve or Ben are savvy enough to outsmart the lamestream media.   They react rather then use evidence effectively, so it's far easier for the lamestream to discount and marginalize them.   

My guess on what Andrew had?    Somehow getting Barry's Occidental and Columbia University records.    Not only would it have shown that Barry not only got bad grades at Occidental.   Making him unqualified to be there at Occidental,  let alone getting transferred to Columbia.     That in itself will surprise few,  I imagine as its not much of a story, because had he gotten good grades,  he would never stop talking about it.   Barry was at best a D student. 

The big story would be that he passed himself off as a Indonesian rather then an American.   Its been talked about a little by the classmate at Columbia that never met him there,  and didn't know he existed until much later.    That would explain Obama doing everything he can to not release his records.   He committed fraud to get into college, some of which could have been criminal. 

That, or that story that the LA Times has been hiding for years now.     

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »
If anybody is interested in the Weather Underground story.    Written before the 2008 election. 

http://www.zombietime.com/obama_and_the_weather_underground/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 07:09:03 AM »
If anybody is interested in the Weather Underground story.    Written before the 2008 election. 

http://www.zombietime.com/obama_and_the_weather_underground/

More blasts from the past that nobody cares about...in shiny-object ADD Amerika a lot of dirt gets swept into the basement...

Now if Kim Kardashian were to drag this out and talk about it... 

/

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
There are some weird things going on over at the Bigs, indeed. Since Breitbart died it seems like they're hiring bloggers/journalists by the truckload. I know that Dana Loesch also had to sue them to get out of her contract.

And, of course, then there are the current lawsuits against Breitbart's widow. One from Shirley Sherrod and of course the other one from Jessie Ventura - don't get me started on either one of them.  ::pullhair::

I strongly suggest that you watch this video below that Lee Stranahan just recently made a week or two ago reminding folks about Breitbart's legacy, and also reminding conservatives/tea partiers to stand up and show some support for Breitbart's widow right now by demanding that the conservatives and mainstream media cover this (as well as the whole Pigford story which involves both Obama and Sherrod and would do serious damage to both if covered my MSM) - instead of covering it up.

If you haven't see this before, this will certainly get you to thinking:

http://youtu.be/VBKXwpVndwM

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »
Jesse the Idiot suing the SEAL widow too (Kyle), what a schmuck!   ::asskicking::