Topics > Media Bias/Media War

Why do I get a sinking feeling about this?

(1/5) > >>

IronDioPriest:
There are times, when I think about the rapid and radical change that took place at Breitbart's "Bigs" in the wake of Andrew Breitbart's death; when I remember his PROMISE, in the days and weeks leading up to his death, that he had information on Obama's origin so completely damning that it would change everything; when I remember how I felt after his death, when Steve Bannon and Ben Shapiro followed through with that damning info, and it was... nothing... nothing...

In those times, as I look into the faces of Bannon and Shapiro at the helm of this radically transformed, commercialized venture that is Breitbart News, I wonder... I wonder...

Breitbart News has teamed up with Kurt Bardella, the longtime adviser to Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) who helped him fiercely combat liberals and the mainstream press on their turf.

Pandora:
Why do you?

RickZ:
My problem with The Bigs after Breitbart's death is the lack of anti-leftie passion.  The Bigs are now trying to be a main stream media conglomerate, are trying to be respectable, and I don't think Breitbart ever really worried about that.  Breitbart was into verbally confronting and challenging the left, being controversial, refusing to back down.  That passion is no longer evident at the increasingly corporate Bigs.

I also hate disqus, so that's another reason for my disappointment with The Bigs.  I hate disqus' layout and trying to track comments; the 'load more comments' setup sucks.  They can't have their own comment system?  My problems with disqus are numerous but this is my main problem:  The way disqus is set up, it's easy for a stalker to follow you.  I had one and had to block my posting history.  Defeats the purpose of having 'followers'.  Of course, disqus does nothing about stalkers.  But boy howdy will they delete 'bad' comments faster than Mooch cutting into the buffet line.

ETA:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 22, 2013, 06:21:27 AM ---Why do you?

--- End quote ---

Yes, do tell.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 22, 2013, 06:21:27 AM ---Why do you?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RickZ on October 22, 2013, 06:37:03 AM ---My problem with The Bigs after Breitbart's death is the lack of anti-leftie passion.  The Bigs are now trying to be a main stream media conglomerate, are trying to be respectable, and I don't think Breitbart ever really worried about that.  Breitbart was into verbally confronting and challenging the left, being controversial, refusing to back down.  That passion is no longer evident at the increasingly corporate Bigs.

--- End quote ---

Compound that with the man in question being an associate of Darrell Issa, who perpetually nips at the heels and never draws any blood to the point where one must ask if he's really trying at all...

Frankly, I don't buy that Andrew Breitbart died of a natural heart attack. Call me a conspiracy theorist. If he was killed, the easy thing to do is suspect that he was assassinated by the people he was outwardly attacking, like Leftist government operatives. His path was littered with exposed and humiliated Leftists.

But there are other motivations for murder. From all appearances, Bannon and Shapiro were trusted allies. But in the "who stood to gain" category, one could hardly look past them. Couple that with Breitbart's unfailing habit of not claiming to have the goods unless he had the goods, his open threat about video evidence, his subsequent death, and the absolute nothingness of the video "evidence" released by Bannon and Shapiro...

There are other motivations for murder, and some people who look like friends are not friends at all.

Just a feeling, not a conclusion.

IronDioPriest:
FTA:

--- Quote ---“We have been blessed with tremendous growth and success over the past 18 months, and we have even more aggressive expansion plans as we look ahead to 2014,” said Stephen K. Bannon, Executive Chairman of Breitbart News.
--- End quote ---

Andrew Breitbart: Feb 1, 1969 - March 1, 2012. 3/1/12 was oh... about 18 months ago. In other words, "since Andrew died and I took over, we've exploded."

So more succinctly: Corporate interests who directly benefitted from Brietbart's death (murder) are now in bed with an operative with close ties to the establishment GOP.

That = "bad feeling".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version