Author Topic: Hello  (Read 7579 times)

Offline sdrdrdr

• Newb
Hello
« on: November 07, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »
This is my first post on any blog.  I am happy to have found this site!!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum. May I ask how you happened upon us here?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
And we're happy you have.  Welcome.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline sdrdrdr

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
Thank you.  I found the site from a reference to it on a blog on Breitbart.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:05:47 PM »
Thank you.  I found the site from a reference to it on a blog on Breitbart.

Cool, the breadcrumbs worked.

Enjoy.  ::thumbsup::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 01:16:09 AM »
You've never posted on a blog before?  And I thought I was a Luddite for never owning, nor wanting to own, a cell phone.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 07:25:25 AM »
Rick doesn't own a cell phone?  What a Luddite!   ::pokeineye::

;D

::grouphug::

Welcome aboard sdrdrdr, how did you come up with a handle like that?  Not to pick on ya but that kinda makes me wonder if I ain't Dyslexic!

:o
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »

;D

You ain't poking me in the eye, Pal, I admit it.  I hate people who can't walk and operate hand held electronic devices at the same time; I will not 'get out of their way'.  I also find it annoying to listen to others' phone conversations.  I piss them off when I join in; I figure it's fair game.  I can't tell you how many times on the bus I've heard someone call 'home' and loudly say they'll be there in five minutes.  Five fukcing minutes!  A phone call is necessary for that?  Whatever would they do if phones were only in homes, offices or booths?  Die from cell phone withdrawal?  In the same ridiculous 'look at me' vein, what would these morons do without bottled water, something we didn't have growing up?  Die of thirst?  To me, it's of a piece with the loss of privacy, in the cell phone example, a voluntary loss at that.  Couple that with all the government eavesdropping (you gotta love that word), and it's just stupendously insane.

Think of all the money cell carriers get for nonsense calls made.  Where you at?  Whacha doin'?  Christ, the ennui will lead me to drink (more).  I truly do not understand this almost physical attachment many have with their hand held electronic toys.

Proud member of Luddite Local # 42.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 08:28:32 AM »

;D

You ain't poking me in the eye, Pal, I admit it.  I hate people who can't walk and operate hand held electronic devices at the same time; I will not 'get out of their way'.  I also find it annoying to listen to others' phone conversations.  I piss them off when I join in; I figure it's fair game.  I can't tell you how many times on the bus I've heard someone call 'home' and loudly say they'll be there in five minutes.  Five fukcing minutes!  A phone call is necessary for that?  Whatever would they do if phones were only in homes, offices or booths?  Die from cell phone withdrawal?  In the same ridiculous 'look at me' vein, what would these morons do without bottled water, something we didn't have growing up?  Die of thirst?  To me, it's of a piece with the loss of privacy, in the cell phone example, a voluntary loss at that.  Couple that with all the government eavesdropping (you gotta love that word), and it's just stupendously insane.

Think of all the money cell carriers get for nonsense calls made.  Where you at?  Whacha doin'?  Christ, the ennui will lead me to drink (more).  I truly do not understand this almost physical attachment many have with their hand held electronic toys.

Proud member of Luddite Local # 42.

Heh.  That's why I don't use public transportation...people being, well people...somebody would piss me off in no time flat and then I'd be in court and maybe jail...

I ain't going to jail...and if I do I'll earn it better than for slapping some mouth-breathing Euphorian!

I use my phone when I want not when I have to or feel the need to, and I try like heck not to bother anybody else...and I expect the same consideration in return!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
Hey. Post early and often.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.