Author Topic: Obamacare: dumb enough to steal open source software  (Read 848 times)

Offline Finrod

• Newb
Obamacare: dumb enough to steal open source software
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Have other people seen this?  The Obamacare site uses a script from an open source site, where all they had to do to use it legally was to leave the copyright notice in it (also known as BSD-style licensing).  So of course, they didn't:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-website-violates-licensing-agreement-copyrighted-software_763666.html

(facepalm)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Obamacare: dumb enough to steal open source software
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
Wait... a regime that sells guns to drug cartels; ignores Supreme Court rulings; rewrites law to suit its political needs; punishes political enemies with the IRS; spies on personal communications; assassinates American citizens with drones; refuses to enforce the law.... you mean to tell me that a regime that would do these things and more will ignore software licensing laws?

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »
Yup, me too!!!   ::outrage::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Hannity had an expert on his show today who ripped the new healthcare website. From the cost to the performance. He went on to explain a site his guys created which uses 20 languages used in multiple countries. Supposedly very technical and complicated. Cost around 500 grand as compared to the 100's of millions for the Obama debacle.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
Hannity had an expert on his show today who ripped the new healthcare website. From the cost to the performance. He went on to explain a site his guys created which uses 20 languages used in multiple countries. Supposedly very technical and complicated. Cost around 500 grand as compared to the 100's of millions for the Obama debacle.

But his site doesn't kick back for re-election funding....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
He expects proglodytes in the techie world to ride to the rescue...and everybody else to keep their heads up their butts.

Oh, and the head snake responsible for this shyt is too busy to be subjected to Constitutionally-mandated Congressional oversight...but plans on attending a libiot gala.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/sebelius-attend-gala-unable-testify-about-obamacare_763713.html

Kathleen "Marie Antoinette" Sebelius holds court, doesn't answer to one!

For now...

;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:52:17 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 04:48:48 AM »

But his site doesn't kick back for re-election funding....

Exactly.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.