Topics > Hobbies & Crafts

Reading and JigSaw Puzzles

(1/13) > >>

rustybayonet:
Can't do Golf, Hunting or Fishing anymore, because of health, so fell back to other things I enjoyed occasionally.   ::oldman::

Most puzzles are 1000 pieces, a few 1500 and 2000.  Have framed some.  Working on a 2000 right now.

Pandora:
Jigsaw puzzles are addictive.  And they have a vacuum around them once they're begun.  Can't walk by without being sucked in.

LadyVirginia:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 24, 2013, 09:31:20 AM ---Jigsaw puzzles are addictive.  And they have a vacuum around them once they're begun.  Can't walk by without being sucked in.

--- End quote ---

That's the truth.  We go through phases around here with puzzles.  Once we start we go for weeks doing them then everyone gets tired of it and we don't do one for ages.  I loved them as kid, too.  I often use puzzles as an analogy when teaching my kids especially when they're learning a new concept.

IronDioPriest:
I love jigsaw puzzles too. The huger and more difficult, the better. I don't do them often precisely because they are so addictive to me, and because they take up room. We'll usually have one going once every other year or so, during the winter. I end up doing most of it, with others pitching in.

LadyVirginia:
They force you to stop don't they?  You can't hurry. And there's no just looking for just one piece either!

Ok, what's everyone's strategy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version