Topics > Hobbies & Crafts

Reading and JigSaw Puzzles

<< < (2/13) > >>

Pandora:
Nope.  It's always one more piece.

Strategery?  Pick out all the straight edges first and the four corners to make the frame; once that's done, separate the rest into colors.  We keep the cover picture handy to check against that.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 24, 2013, 11:34:45 AM ---Strategery?  Pick out all the straight edges first and the four corners to make the frame; once that's done, separate the rest into colors.  We keep the cover picture handy to check against that.

--- End quote ---

^^^
Exactly that. Sometimes during the color separation process, there's not a clear choice, and those all go into a pile themselves to be dealt with later. Then when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, and you're working on a section for which you've exhausted the possibilities in the separated color piles, the nondescript color pile comes into play.

rustybayonet:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 24, 2013, 11:34:45 AM ---Nope.  It's always one more piece.

Strategery?  Pick out all the straight edges first and the four corners to make the frame; once that's done, separate the rest into colors.  We keep the cover picture handy to check against that.

--- End quote ---

Good to hear I'm not the only nut -- Pandora, I do the same.  Unfortunately this 2000 I.m working on is from my sister and it's called Cookie Cutouts (Christmas) made by Springbok.  There no pattern to it.  If interested you can go to Springbok and scoll down to page 11 and see what I'm talking about.  Maybe I'll have it ready for her by Christmas but   ::whatgives::.  Most 1000 I can do in 3-4 days, but they have a pattern.  This one is a challenge. ::gaah::

LadyVirginia:
here it is:

http://www.springbok-puzzles.com/product/Cookie-Cutouts-2000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle

I like this one:

http://www.springbok-puzzles.com/product/colors-of-christmas-2000-pieces-puzzle

Tania513:
LOVE puzzles. I have tons of them....I heard this from a RN that works in a nursing home, that they are very good for the elderly. as it keeps their brain patterns active...Helps with preventing dementia and Alzheimer's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version