Author Topic: Fox's Carl Cameron Calls It a Repub. Win  (Read 5225 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Fox's Carl Cameron Calls It a Repub. Win
« on: April 09, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
Interesting facts about the Continuing Resolution: Carl Cameron says the winner wasn't even close, although the Dems got a few crumbs to brag about.

Here's why: HR1 was originally to seek spending cuts of $32 billion until Tea Party conservatives insisted on more than $ 60 billion. House Speaker John Boehner won more cuts than he originally sought and got the Senate to agree to votes to defund the health care reform law and groups like the nation's largest abortion provider Planned Parenthood - once votes Senate Majority leader Harry Reid said he'd never allow to come to the floor.Back on February 3, Reid called $32 billion in cuts "extreme" and "draconian."

At a news conference New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., agreed, "I happen to think some of their cuts are extreme and go overboard. But every week they keep upping the ante and proposing extreme cuts."

Over the next decade the cuts are expected to save hundreds of billions of dollars

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/04/09/who-won-shutdown-showdown-it-wasnt-even-close
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Fox's Carl Cameron Calls It a Repub. Win
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »
$38 Billion is chicken feed to the Dems . They were just baiting a trap . They'll try again in a few months .

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »
Andrew Stiles at National Review calls it for Boehner:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/264308/boehner-wins-big-andrew-stiles
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:37:36 PM »
At a news conference New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., agreed, "I happen to think some of their cuts are extreme and go overboard. But every week they keep upping the ante and proposing extreme cuts."

I see Schumer is sticking to his talking points.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 04:24:02 AM »
Fox's Chris Stirewalt: Three Keys to Boehner's Budget Victory

He is the primary author of a compromise to keep the government operating for the rest of the year with the largest spending reduction in history – 63 percent of the original GOP request of $61 billion. Republicans also got a potpourri of sweeteners, like up-or-down votes on politically painful subjects like President Obama’s health care law and federal subsidies for Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider. Not too shabby for a guy who held only one of three seats at the negotiating table.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/09/did-keys-boehners-budget-victory/#ixzz1J6v4OOLj

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/09/did-keys-boehners-budget-victory/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29
--------------

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 07:18:38 AM »
Hey, Carl?  $38B? a win?  How stupid are you Carl?  Did you know, Carl, that last week the Federal Government borrowed another $54B?!  No, I didn't think you knew that!  Where's the win Carl?  Anybody?!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline mindyourbusiness

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:22 PM »
Again, GOP has no spine. Get on the phone folks and get these losers to vote "No" with Michele Bachman, Rand Paul.... we have to take back the debate.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »
Hey, Carl?  $38B? a win?  How stupid are you Carl?  Did you know, Carl, that last week the Federal Government borrowed another $54B?!  No, I didn't think you knew that!  Where's the win Carl?  Anybody?!

The win would be the gov't shutdown.

What are we spending per day? 4.5 billion? I only see savings if we shut it down a few months.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »

What are we spending per day? 4.5 billion? I only see savings if we shut it down a few months.

We spent over $50 Billion during the time they negotiated  down $38 Billion.
That sounds like Boehner & Co "negotiated" us a $12 Billion dollar loss. 
They may call that good but when I buy my new car I wouldn't want his help.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
Levin just got done with that ^^ , CO -- picking up right where Rush left off.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »

We spent over $50 Billion during the time they negotiated  down $38 Billion.
That sounds like Boehner & Co "negotiated" us a $12 Billion dollar loss. 
They may call that good but when I buy my new car I wouldn't want his help.

If gov't were a business....What would its stock be worth in the free market?

Yea, that's right, nothing...Traders would be shorting the hell out of it.

In essence, we have become GM. Deemed too big to fail, we requested quantitative easing without correcting the behavior. We got it and now will claim paid in full by attempting to raise the debt ceiling and print fresh money.

One of the few businessmen who understands the issue and would do what is necessary to make our business profitable, Trump, is dismissed as fringe and the guy who delivers only a 12 billion dollar loss is declared a victor. The other guy, the one with the 6 trillion reduction plan, isn't even considered. He is left to shout no on the floor.

Somehow, we are worried about 1995...while being told the battle is just beginning. LOL....

If we don't solve this spending issue, all the other social issues won't matter.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »
Levin just got done with that ^^ , CO -- picking up right where Rush left off.

If gov't were a business....What would its stock be worth in the free market?

Yea, that's right, nothing...Traders would be shorting the hell out of it.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Those fools should start listening.  We don't want the best deal they can negotiate; we don't want a deal.  A deal with the devil is a bad deal.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
Guys I understand and you all know how I feel about it but in thinking it over the only question I have for all of us is,How much would the dems have spent if the passed the budget when the could and knowing that they had just gotten their shorts kicked in Nov?

Think about that for a minute before you all kill me.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
... if I read your question wrong I'm confident you'll tell me.

How much would the dems have spent if they passed the budget when they could?

They couldn't have passed the budget when they could because they couldn't. If they could have passed a budget they would have.  They knew that even if they could steam roll McConnell, Boehner & Co passing their budget on the heels of BamaCare would have caused BITS & PIECES.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 09:36:12 PM »
Guys I understand and you all know how I feel about it but in thinking it over the only question I have for all of us is,How much would the dems have spent if the passed the budget when the could and knowing that they had just gotten their shorts kicked in Nov?

::rockethrow::

By Boehner dickin' around for just these few days, they spent more in billions than the 38 billion that was cut.

Go hang yer head.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »
... if I read your question wrong I'm confident you'll tell me.

How much would the dems have spent if they passed the budget when they could?

They couldn't have passed the budget when they could because they couldn't. If they could have passed a budget they would have.  They knew that even if they could steam roll McConnell, Boehner & Co passing their budget on the heels of BamaCare would have caused BITS & PIECES.

They still could have passed it after the election they had already taken their lumps and had no hope of anything more happening to them than had just taken place.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 10:07:24 PM »

::rockethrow::

By Boehner dickin' around for just these few days, they spent more in billions than the 38 billion that was cut.

Go hang yer head.

I understand the math but if he had done itr sooner he would not have gotten the 38 billion.And from the reports I heard the TEA party made him go back and get more. So in a left handed way they caused the delay.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »
Let me clarify:  no matter how long it took, that much money - 54 billion IIRC - is going to be spent every day until they cut big.  That's how little the cuts amount to.

There's nothing here to celebrate; Boehner got took.  Levin put it the best, in that Boehner and company ruled out using the only leverage that they had - WE WILL NOT SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT.  Now, what is the strategery, the leverage, for the next battle?????????????????????

Mark Levin Talks Budget Deal

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 11:55:33 PM »

Let me clarify:  no matter how long it took, that much money - 54 billion IIRC - is going to be spent every day until they cut big.  That's how little the cuts amount to.

There's nothing here to celebrate; Boehner got took.  Levin put it the best, in that Boehner and company ruled out using the only leverage that they had - WE WILL NOT SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT.  Now, what is the strategery, the leverage, for the next battle?????????????????????

Mark Levin Talks Budget Deal
::thumbsup::  I like this guy. What time is his show?

Originally I was going to add emphasis marks but every word printed is important and every word remaining on the video is important. It is the bottom line.

Mark Levin:

What do we have?
[A] Conga line of Bush staffers telling us this is great.

Now they tell us if we try to hold Boehner to his own pledge we're seeking perfection.

$100 Billion NIX
$  61 Billion NIX
$  38 Billion  Now the President's happy, Reid's happy, the bureaucrats are happy, the Republican Propaganda Mill is in full force all over the TV all over th.. Let me ask you something.  ....I'm told that $10 Billion of that is from the two previous CRs. Do we know if that's true? 

Cavuto concedes the numbers are not completely correct.  "You're saying they caved, right?

I'm saying this is a historic scam.  These are Ponziites, and then I hear them saying, ...it's actually a $78 Billion dollar cut; I think I heard Karl Rove say that.  ....

Let me ask you,   Since Boehner said he will never shut down the government; And since he has said repeatedly we're only 1/2 of 1/3 of the government; Well, then what the hell are they going to do on the other issues?  What is their strategy exactly? How are they going to combat the debt ceiling and fight for $6.2 Trillion dollars in cuts when he's already said "we're not going to shut down the government"?....   And by the way they [the house] are 100% of the spending bills and taxing authority under the constitution; they can stop what ever they want to stop.
That tells me we need new leaders.
If they can't take on Obama ...
I think they don't have a strategy, ...  ...
We have the most massive budgets in world history, they cut a fraction of a fraction and they pat themselves, I mean, look who's celebrating today; the bureaucrats; Reid; Obama; and Boehner; What about the rest of us?  This hasn't changed a damn thing.
I want to see some action baby.  And you know they only have certain leverage points. This was one of them, the debt ceiling will be one, and the 2012 budget will be one.  And when he keeps saying,  OK, let's get on to the next battle,  after a while you lose them all.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 12:22:49 AM »
Looks like you've may have been at his webpage already, http://marklevinshow.com/home.asp

There are links there for local programming and for live-streaming.