Author Topic: For Trap  (Read 739 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
For Trap
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/democrat-ski-resorts-need-obamacare-waivers/

A multimillionaire member of Congress is seeking an exemption or waiver from Obamacare for citizens of his upscale district — known for its pricy ski resorts — because he thinks they’re being forced to pay too much for health insurance.

In a letter to Colorado Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar, Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., complains that the pricing for health coverage for residents of Summit County will be a minimum of $427.80 a month, while the same coverage in Boulder is $339.18 and in Denver $296.41.

“These high rates make it much more likely that Coloradans living in these areas will choose to forgo coverage entirely, choosing to pay the federal penalty rather than purchase health insurance,” the congressman, whose worth is estimated by Roll Call at about $66 million, said.

He bought into it. Demanded that everyone in the state be part of it except him and his.  What an asshole!

Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: For Trap
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
Maybe libiot assclowns in CO will invade Summit County and...

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
It all becomes less tolerable every day. Rather than look at the damaging effect of this travesty on his district and conclude that this will be happening all over the country, and thus the law is bad law, he just asks the king for an exemption.

I'm familiar with the phrase "equal treatment under the law", and it seems to me that this law is the opposite. I don't know if that is legally actionable or not. But dammit.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »
It all becomes less tolerable every day.

Maybe a (sticky) thread detailing Owebama's Intolerable Acts?

We already have Legislation Without Representation.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »
Almost every thread here chronicles Obongo's Intolerable Acts.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/democrat-ski-resorts-need-obamacare-waivers/

A multimillionaire member of Congress is seeking an exemption or waiver from Obamacare for citizens of his upscale district — known for its pricy ski resorts — because he thinks they’re being forced to pay too much for health insurance.

In a letter to Colorado Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar, Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., complains that the pricing for health coverage for residents of Summit County will be a minimum of $427.80 a month, while the same coverage in Boulder is $339.18 and in Denver $296.41.

“These high rates make it much more likely that Coloradans living in these areas will choose to forgo coverage entirely, choosing to pay the federal penalty rather than purchase health insurance,” the congressman, whose worth is estimated by Roll Call at about $66 million, said.

He bought into it. Demanded that everyone in the state be part of it except him and his.  What an asshole!

This ass used to be my rep. He told Michelle that she should "trust" the govt at a townhall. Why, fukhead? So you can audit me with the IRS and spy on me with the NSA?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
he just asks the king for an exemption.

Better analogy: Begging the pope for an indulgence.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 07:28:46 AM »
General - "What is best in life?"

Conan - "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Are we there yet?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 08:51:10 AM »
will be a minimum of $427.80 a month

If residents of one of the richest counties in the nation should only pay for half the healthcare they consume, on average, just who is going to pick up the full $8,000 per year tab?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »
will be a minimum of $427.80 a month

If residents of one of the richest counties in the nation should only pay for half the healthcare they consume, on average, just who is going to pick up the full $8,000 per year tab?

::moneyshaker::

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
General - "What is best in life?"

Conan - "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Are we there yet?

Bad Libertas. You are not allowed to post that quote  without the original or the Robot Chicken  link..
Conan, what is best in life?

Robot Chicken: What Is Best In Life?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
I submit myself for corporal punishment...I have no excuse.