Author Topic: Fedcoats raid home of investigative journalist - seize all her documents  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fedcoats raid home of investigative journalist using 1986 bust of hubby for resisting arrest as a pretext to bust in SWAT-style...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/exclusive-feds-confiscate-investigative-reporters-confidential-files-during-raid/

WTF kind of Fedcoat rubber-stamping Nazified douche of a judge signs a warrant for something so ridiculous as this based upon an arrest of a spouse 27 years ago that allows authorities to haul off all her stuff?  Did a fricken judge really sign this or was it forged?  Either answer is not good, the act itself being so brazen.  Yes, full body armor raid...yeah that's called for...oh, and grab all those documents there...that'll work!

We live in a Republic?  Yeah, sure you do.

Resistance is mandatory, if you love liberty!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

Re: Fedcoats raid home of investigative journalist - seize all her documents
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:22:25 AM »
Moral of the story:  Flash drives for her written notes hidden in secret compartments and a waterproof container for paper files to be buried in the dead of night in a flower garden.

I also think that any questions regarding whether the police and/or military would fire on US citizens is now moot; of course they will.  They just violated this woman's 4th Amendment rights on a whim and won't discuss it.  If her sources suddenly end up unemployed (at best) or permanently unavailable (at worst), you'll know she was onto something.  If they arrest her, I see a huge lawsuit that ends up in SCOTUS, not that that helps her any, but at least she will have publicity.  It amazes me how the rest of the Praetorian Guard media are burying such illegal government activity against reporters.  You'd think they'd be worried, too, but I guess you (and I) would think wrong.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:26:30 AM »
I knew the name Audrey Hudson rang a bell.  She writes for Human Events and several other publications and newspapers.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:32:01 AM »
The warrant used was for firearms. When did a stack of paper start to look like bullets?

As I keep saying, they will not follow the law. They are barely even providing a pretext that they are legitimate at all at this point.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »
The warrant used was for firearms. When did a stack of paper start to look like bullets?

As I keep saying, they will not follow the law. They are barely even providing a pretext that they are legitimate at all at this point.

Which begs the pertinent question of the day - Why would any of us comply with any law these lawless bastards try to enforce on us?

Are we not in a de facto state of tyranny?  Isn't the answer to throw such tyranny off as our Founders did?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »
There are no consequences to not following the rules. They know taking anything outside the scope of the warrant will not result in any action against them.

So far most of these stories appeared to be on the face of them excessive  or aggressive use of a legitimate raid/warrant/search (except for the cases of mistaken identity), how long before there is no such pretext?

I think people have been conditioned to believe the lie that if you have nothing to hide you and the police will play by the rules.  How many tv shows and movies have you seen will the character of the show simply say to the suspect "I can get a warrant in 30 minutes" and the suspect says "Ok you can search"? Invoking your constitutional rights is portrayed as a what a criminal would do.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »
The warrant was for a flukeing potato launcher.

Links n More here

After the search began, Hudson said she was asked by an investigator with the Coast Guard Investigative Service if she was the same Audrey Hudson who had written a series of critical stories about air marshals for The Washington Times over the last decade.

Coast Guard?   ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
Coasties are under Homeland Security?  Did not see that memo!

And yeah, those tater-launchers is dangerous!  Why, that there warrants a full SWAT response for sure, eh?!

::upsidedownflag::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »
My roommate in my freshman year of college built a potato gun out of PVC pipe and an igniter from a Coleman lantern screwed into the wall of the "chamber". A quick shot of hairspray or something was enough fuel to launch a golf ball wrapped in duct tape.

Anyhow, one weekend when I had gone home he got busted for weed possession and they found the potato gun and charged him with "possessing a weapon of mass destruction".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »
Yeah...the road to Hell got started a long time ago...it must really shock the statists that some people still pushback on their tyrannical behavior...

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »
Coasties are under Homeland Security?  Did not see that memo! Yes, unfortunately.

And yeah, those tater-launchers is dangerous!  Why, that there warrants a full SWAT response for sure, eh?!

::upsidedownflag::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »
...It amazes me how the rest of the Praetorian Guard media are burying such illegal government activity against reporters.  You'd think they'd be worried, too, but I guess you (and I) would think wrong.

Their sources ARE the White House. One-stop shopping for all your news needs.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 02:11:33 PM »

Which begs the pertinent question of the day - Why would any of us comply with any law these lawless bastards try to enforce on us?

Are we not in a de facto state of tyranny?  Isn't the answer to throw such tyranny off as our Founders did?

The government has, without calling it so, reasserted its prerogative to issue writs of assistance. The flimsiest pretexts are used to go on open ended fishing expeditions. And now with the NSA basically cataloging every utterance and every keystroke you ever make, they'll just mine their data for something they can stick on you and then come up with some convenient BS explanation after the fact. "We were running an investigation, yeah that's how we obtained this information"

Generic and open ended search orders were one of the main driving points to the colonies' rebellion.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
Executing policy, not law.  Gosh, a genocidal maniac named Hitler did that, how did that work out for people?

f**king idiots, I just cannot stand people (especially those in positions of authority who damned well know better and are LYING if they say otherwise) don't do sh*t about it!