Author Topic: Betty McCollum (Prog-MN) Pleads to have Redskins name/logo censored  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/25/minn-dem-rep-betty-mccollum-asks-governor-metrodome-to-not-display-redskins-name-or-logo-during-vikings-game/

This is the type of useless scrunt we have to put up with every damn day....

I like the first comment though...may it come to pass!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Betty McCollum (Prog-MN) Pleads to have Redskins name/logo censored
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »
The congresswoman argued that since the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome is financed by taxpayers and has “legal obligations” to ensure no one is offended.

Can't make this stuff up.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
The congresswoman argued that since the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome is financed by taxpayers and has “legal obligations” to ensure no one is offended.

Nope.

And if taking offense is the highest law in libiotland (we've been down this road before) the very presence of these people in my vicinity is grotesquely offensive...therefor anything I do to remove it from sight is sanctioned!

(They hate it when you do that to them!)

::evilbat::

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 03:20:25 AM »
So the Cleveland Browns are going to have to change their name, too, so all the brown people aren't offended?  What about the stereotype of 'the fighting Irish'?  Peaceful Irish drunks everywhere can be offended.  Braves, Indians, Seminoles, et.al., out the door.  And what if PETA is offended?  There goes the Bengals, the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Cubs, the Penguins, the Sharks, the Red Bulls, among many.  And what if DC offends me?  There goes the Washington Capitols.  And what about Jack?  I'm sure he's offended by the Giants.  And what about the colorblind being offended by the White Sox and the Red Sox?  They'll have to go, too.

I really don't know how we unfukc the clusterfukc that is political correctness.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:41:22 AM »
The congresswoman argued that since the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome is financed by taxpayers and has “legal obligations” to ensure no one is offended except white Christians.

FIFY.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:31:52 AM »
What about all the high school teams named the Warriors?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »
How about all the Catholic high schools named Crusaders (like my high school was/is)?

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
As I grow older, I'm more aware of my surroundings & those close to me. But I also try to tune in to the feelings and emotions of others...even complete strangers. I've come more & more to associate with the Breeder's song "I Just Wanna get Along."

Life's short. Personal creeds & sensitivities easily rocked. So let's all try to go not just 1, but many miles out of our way to sidestep offending ANYONE.  ;)

The Breeders - I just want to get along
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/25/minn-dem-rep-betty-mccollum-asks-governor-metrodome-to-not-display-redskins-name-or-logo-during-vikings-game/

This is the type of useless scrunt we have to put up with every damn day....

I like the first comment though...may it come to pass!   ::whoohoo::

First of all......The Vikings offend me. They have a bad QB and a running back with about a dozen kids running around by 14 different women. Plus, their Viking logo is very stereotypical and portraits ALL Vikings as warriors.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 01:22:58 PM »
Stupid injuns. The whole reason why aggressive, manly sports teams were named in their honor was as a show of respect. If they're too stupid to recognize this (and to all outward appearances they are just that stupid) I saw F 'em. Rename the teams to "The William Tecumseh Sherman Injun Eradicators".

That'll show 'em.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »
The Redskinners!   ;D

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
This is a bubble head who when mocked for omitting "under God" Pledge of Allegiance, played the racism card.

She really is this stupid.  62% of her s**thole district is no brighter.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »
Stupid injuns. The whole reason why aggressive, manly sports teams were named in their honor was as a show of respect.

The vast, vast, vast, VAST majority of Indians don't care about this, and still feel honored by the teams with Indian names. It's only a tiny, vocal minority that makes any noise about this, but our wunnerful government bows to them.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
This is a bubble head who when mocked for omitting "under God" Pledge of Allegiance, played the racism card.

It's the old Vento district...any jackass with a "D" after their name waltzes to victory, no douchebag can possibly stoop low enough to miss out on being elected, the perfect example of GIGO politics...only Keith Ellison's district can give these idiots a run for their money in the sewer stakes!

Offline Magnum

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »

It's the old Vento district...any jackass with a "D" after their name waltzes to victory, no douchebag can possibly stoop low enough to miss out on being elected, the perfect example of GIGO politics...only Keith Ellison's district can give these idiots a run for their money in the sewer stakes!

I hate to admit this but I am in her district and she offends me every-time she open up her lefty mouth.

You guys are right  no matter who us conservatives put up to run against her they are lucky if they get 35% of the vote. In fact it is so bad here in St. Paul that we do not have one Republican in any elected office. We are a lost cause here.

Here too in Minnesocold there are 3 tribes of Indians. We have the Sioux, the Chippewa, and the Wantabes which every lefty thinks they belong.........................
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 06:59:58 AM »

I hate to admit this but I am in her district and she offends me every-time she open up her lefty mouth.

You guys are right  no matter who us conservatives put up to run against her they are lucky if they get 35% of the vote. In fact it is so bad here in St. Paul that we do not have one Republican in any elected office. We are a lost cause here.

Here too in Minnesocold there are 3 tribes of Indians. We have the Sioux, the Chippewa, and the Wantabes which every lefty thinks they belong.........................

Yeah, I feel for yeah.  I was there when Vento ruled that district.  I had more than one exchange with that jackass.  He was a jackbooted unionista through and through, and 'ol Betty won a special election IIRC and she has had it since.

It really bites!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 07:32:15 AM »
I think the last Republican (my ward in fact) was run out of town because he gambled his way into bankruptcy.  I can't even think of his name, anymore, it's been so long.  Norm was the last non-Dem mayor.  Elected as a Dem and went independent when the party went all feral on him.

In fact, I believe Norm Coleman was the last time in my life I pulled the lever for a Democrat.  His opponent was the bat s**t crazy, foul mouthed Sandy Pappas, I believe.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 07:52:43 AM »
Oh yeah, Sandy "Pap-smear" we called it!   ::hysterical::

What a tool!

But those tools are everywhere...   ::facepalm::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
I take that back.  Foul mouth was 1997.  I had bailed by then.  1993 election was against Andy Dawkins. 

According to his Wiki, he finally became an attorney in 2006.  Except that law film closed.

http://minnlawyer.com/minnlawyerblog/2012/09/14/mansfield-tanick-cohen-closing/

Oh Andy, where art thou?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »
Andy...who?

::hysterical::