Author Topic: Obama WALKS AWAY from new budget , setting stage for next shutdown showdown  (Read 791 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Obama WALKS AWAY from new budget talks, setting stage for next shutdown showdown
4:42 PM 10/17/2013

Neil Munro
White House Correspondent

President Barack Obama is minimizing his role in the high-stakes bipartisan budget negotiations that he helped schedule.

“The president will be as involved as he and members of the Congress believe to be useful,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Thursday.

However, Carney strongly hinted the president will remain absent from negotiations.

“The president has already demonstrated a level of seriousness through the budget he put forward [in April]… which includes tough choices for Democrats and Republicans,” Carney said. The White House’s view is that budgets are developed by the House and Senate, and they can run their own joint conference, he said.

The president’s absence will make it easer for him to instigate and exploit another partial government shutdown in January, when the October budget deal ends.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/17/obama-walks-away-from-new-budget-talks-setting-stage-for-next-shutdown-showdown-video/#ixzz2iI6ITUWH
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Prez NotPresent strikes again!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
With the chinless (and ball-less) Mitch McConnell and John McCain vowing there will NOT be another shutdown.   ::pullhair::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
If they think they've intimidated cruz they blew it again...Ted is not taking another shutdown off the table of options.

Time to purge the GOP of prog's or leave it to rot...frankly I don't give a damn either way!

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
The last thing those clowns want is a budget!  Simply too revealing!  Just hand over the checkbook and we'll take care of it!
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
They largely did that by giving that clownboxer POSOTUS authority to set his own debt ceiling...if the sequester stays status quo it still means the Exec Branch has dispersment authority to fund whatever it wants...Congress keeps chopping off its own legs and eventually will have nothing left to stand on...then the need for such an institution will have been rendered obsolete...

Enter the Dictator.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
They don't want a budget because with the CRs, the TARP money is automatically included.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
They don't want a budget because with the CRs, the TARP money is automatically included.

Yup.

And the GOPers keep giving their bargaining chips to Obama by folding every hand...