Author Topic: Jon Stewart's Take On Obamacare  (Read 762 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Jon Stewart's Take On Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:22:39 AM »
I can tell poor Jon is truly distraught that his government is so obviously incompetent...it must be the first time in his life that his Messiah has been shown to be less than God-like...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:07:27 PM »
funny

but he'd never believe it's the underlying premise that's flawed--that we need this

garbage in, garbage out
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »
He doesn't address the real problem. He leaves the truth untold.

The real problem is not the failed website, nor the apparent ineptitude of Kathleen Sebelius. Those are mere distractions from the real truth that Jon Stewart dutifully ignores.

The real story that is only being told by conservative media is the millions of people who are receiving notice that their healthcare is being discontinued, or that their policies are restructured to be more expensive; people being told that their spouses are no longer covered; people losing their job, or losing hours; businesses closing, laying people off, or unable to expand because of the perverse effect of Obamacare on the marketplace.

Jon Stewart is railing on the distraction, keeping attention diverted from the real story, while the lives of Americans are being destroyed by the truth of Obamcare.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/21/the-definitive-guide-to-how-obamacare-is-destroying-american-lives/

H/T to RedState

The tales are just .... heartbreaking, really; folks are just bewildered that this is happening to them, and frustrated.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/21/the-definitive-guide-to-how-obamacare-is-destroying-american-lives/

H/T to RedState

The tales are just .... heartbreaking, really; folks are just bewildered that this is happening to them, and frustrated.

Tell 'em welcome to the club. We've been frustrated for years.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
I recommend we all send a link of that Matt Walsh blog litany of OwebamaCare disasters to each and every one of our senators and reps, along with the White House.

Honestly, at this point, I'm considering renouncing my citizenship as illegals are not covered under OwebamaCare.  I'll go to the ER to get treatment just like any illegal and never pay.

As I'm not a hyphenated American with no ties to any other country, where could they possibly deport me?  And if they arrested me, my lawsuit will be the final straw that will bankrupt this country as I'd sue the Fed Gov and every sanctuary city/state for selectively enforcing immigration law.

Man it sucks to have to think like this.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
I recommend we all send a link of that Matt Walsh blog litany of OwebamaCare disasters to each and every one of our senators and reps, along with the White House.

Honestly, at this point, I'm considering renouncing my citizenship as illegals are not covered under OwebamaCare.  I'll go to the ER to get treatment just like any illegal and never pay.

As I'm not a hyphenated American with no ties to any other country, where could they possibly deport me?  And if they arrested me, my lawsuit will be the final straw that will bankrupt this country as I'd sue the Fed Gov and every sanctuary city/state for selectively enforcing immigration law.

Man it sucks to have to think like this.

Just further proof that the America that I grew up in and loved is dead.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »
I'm on my wife's insurance policy thru her work. Decent policy, deductible to 3 k, then 100 percent coverage. We paid around 600 bucks for good coverage and we're glad, because it isn't the monthly cost which bankrupts families, it's the catastrophic sickness or accident which results in prolonged hospital stays.

So, we get her new, start of the year policy. No 100 percent coverage, larger deductible needs to be met, then 80 20 split.this is the type of policy which creates bankruptcies. I'm going to search for a different option and it may be time to explore the policies posted by trapeze.

Thank you obamacare, thank you idiotic liberals and a special thanks to the stupid RINOS who won't stand their ground and create a situation for my family where are prolonged illness or accident would bankrupt us.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »
What really disheartens me? All the younger generations that think his program is the news. Even he says it is not the news, but the believers are in the millions.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.