Author Topic: GOP: Obamacare Concerns About More than Website Glitches  (Read 396 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
GOP: Obamacare Concerns About More than Website Glitches
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
GOP: Obamacare Concerns About More than Website Glitches
Saturday, 26 Oct 2013 12:03 PM
By Sandy Fitzgerald

The Obamacare website's problems are getting most of the headlines and complaints, but the president's health care program has far more issues than just a few website glitches, Rep. Fred Upton says.

"The broken healthcare.gov website has captured the nation’s attention, but this is more than a website problem," the Michigan Republican, who chairs the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said in Saturday's GOP address.  "We are also concerned about what happens next."

Story continues below video.

President Barack Obama, in his own weekly address,  acknowledged the problems with the website, saying that there are people working "overtime" to fix its glitches., which have made it difficult for customers to sign on, get accurate costs for their new insurance policies and completing enrollment before the program's Jan. 1 deadline.

Obama said the site's problems are "frustrating for all of us who have worked so hard to make sure everyone who needs it gets health care."

Upton, though, said the site's issues are just part of the "troubled rollout of the law with its broken promises, missed deadlines, delays, special waivers, and now website crashes."
And even though hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent, Upton complained, the website still does not work for most people.

"At a time when we can do everything from ordering a pizza, flowers, or airline tickets, or banking and paying bills, [people] expect the same reliable service from healthcare.gov – and it’s still not ready for primetime," said Upton.

Further, in the months leading up to the site's Oct. 1 launch, the administration and the website's contractors appeared before Upton's committee, "looked us in the eye, and assured us repeatedly that everything was 'on track,' except that it wasn't."

Upton said the site's glitches are making Americans wonder what will happen next.

"Will enrollment glitches become provider payment glitches?" he asked. "Will patients show up at their doctor’s office or hospital only to be told they aren’t in the system? And is the personal information Americans provide as part of the enrollment process safe from cyber hackers and identity theft?"

Upton also wondered how the administration can punish people by forcing them to buy a product they can't afford from a system that doesn't work. Further, he said, "millions of Americans are receiving unwelcome notices that their [insurance] plans are being terminated," which is not what the health reform law promised.

All the personal info required BEFORE entering the site really bothers me.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gop-address-upton-obamacare/2013/10/26/id/533225?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

Re: GOP: Obamacare Concerns About More than Website Glitches
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 03:52:21 AM »
I hate when they use that word 'glitches', as if this whole fiasco is not by design.

If The Unaffordable Health Insurance and Patient Denied Care Act is a glitch, then slavery was a glitch, too.  Unfortunately, look how many died to fix that historical glitch.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »
I hate when they use that word 'glitches', as if this whole fiasco is not by design.

If The Unaffordable Health Insurance and Patient Denied Care Act is a glitch, then slavery was a glitch, too.  Unfortunately, look how many died to fix that historical glitch.
Obama is a glitch as well. How many will die to fix that one.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »
A "glitch" is a little hiccup. This is a train wreck.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Tania513

• Likes the place
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:04:02 AM »
With all the problems this is causing, I am so happy, that I stayed with my employers' health coverage.

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
A "glitch" is a little hiccup. This is a train wreck.

No, not that either.  That only affects one or two trains directly and the line the wreck is on.  This is more like 'When Worlds Collide', with one world being communism and the other being Freedom.  As I've said before, government oppression versus individual liberty is a war as old as humanity itself.  Someone always wants to control and someone always fights back against that control.  More often than not, unfortunately, government control wins though that doesn't mean fighting back is a loser's game.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
BOHICAmerika.  Never thought I would live to see it.  Truly, people are too stupid to live and deserve this punishment.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.