Author Topic: Arab League to seek UN no-fly zone over Gaza  (Read 2445 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Arab League to seek UN no-fly zone over Gaza
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:41 PM »
Here we go. I think we know where O'Chimpy stands.

Arab League to seek UN no-fly zone over Gaza

The Arab League on Sunday announced during a special meeting in Cairo that it plans to press the UN to impose a no-fly zone over Gaza amid an escalation in violence in the area, AFP reported.

Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa said he plans to present the proposal to the UN Security Council, the report said.

The announcement came as Palestinian news agency Ma'an reported on Sunday that UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Roberty Serry successfully brokered a ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip including Hamas.

The deal, reportedly reached Saturday night stipulated that the IDF stop its air and artillery strikes against Palestinian terrorist groups, who also reportedly have agreed to halt their rocket and mortar fire.

Neither Jerusalem nor Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip have announced a ceasefire, but senior officials made statements Sunday hinting to their openness towards such a deal...

More linked @ JerusalemPost...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Arab League to seek UN no-fly zone over Gaza
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
This happened just a tad sooner than I thought it would.  I believe I've mentioned previously (with a supporting link) that Libya was a test-run, among other things, of Samantha Power's plan to run a R2P action against Israel.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
After the way they suckered bambi in Libya they can damned well enforce it themselves if they have the ball.Let them make Gaza a war zone that should help them a lot.Give the Jews a reason to flatten the whole damned place and let them all go to Egypt.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »
I wonder which idiots over there or anywhere else , are whetting their appetites for a run-in with the Israeli Air Force ?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:28:24 PM »

Israel will go along with it until they receive incoming. 

UNers don't want to mix it up, they want to talk and kick the hornets nest.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »

Israel will go along with it until they receive incoming. 

UNers don't want to mix it up, they want to talk and kick the hornets nest.

And that makes them cowards!!And a waste of time and effort. That's why I have no use for them they want to pick a fight and demand we fight it and then they accuse us of wrong doing. So they can all KMA and do it themselves.

They don't get to pick who we defend we do that's called self interest.There is nothing in Gaza of any interest to this country so why should we get our hands dirty with it?The Arabs seem to have some sort of interest or at least they pretend to let them jump in and fight the good fight. And God bless them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
  Dirtwads.  Smegma brained wastes of skin.  ::rockets::   ::laserkill::

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 12:57:38 AM »
If Obama orders the U.S. military to take action against Israel, it's time for a coup.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 04:30:53 AM »
If Obama orders the U.S. military to take action against Israel, it's time for a coup.

Even Stymie isn't stupid enough to issue THAT order ... notwithstanding the fact that the military would never carry it out . Cooler , smarter heads would succeed in stuffing a rag in his mouth first .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 07:13:01 AM »
No doubt the reprobates in the UN don't intend for Pali Katyusha's and other missiles they throw at Israel indiscriminately are included in the terms of the "no fly" legalese!  So on that pretext alone Israel's ambassador at the UN should declare anyone interfering with its right to self defense and enemy combatant that will be dealt with in the strictest possible manner.  I'd love it if he also stood up on his desk and dropped his pants to the whole crowd of miscreants and then gave them the finger and other verbal invectives as he left the chamber, but that is my own fantasy!

Regardless, SH is right, Obama will never come out in support of military action of any kind against Israel, but I could see him not caring if others carried that burden.  But Stymies real test would be in how he instructs his ambassador to vote and if he authorizes a veto against any antiviral articles.  If he fails to veto, that is tantamount to declaring hostilities against Israel in my book, and at that point overthrowing the Boy Tyrant would be justified.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:29:49 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 08:48:55 AM »
Standing aside would be as egregious in my view.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »
Standing aside would be as egregious in my view.

It's what he does best...vote not present!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.