Author Topic: Seattle uses eminent domain to turn a parking lot into a parking lot  (Read 1138 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Seattle uses eminent domain to turn a parking lot into a parking lot

October 24, 2013

By Glen Morgan | Freedom Foundation

Seattle’s city council voted unanimously Monday to use eminent domain to take private property. They say they must seize the private property, which is currently being used as a parking lot, in order to turn it into … a parking lot. (Here is the link to the original notice). Local station Q13Foxnews discussed this story here.

In addition to eminent domain abuse, the City of Seattle has recently been in the news for hiding public records, and sinking the farm boat. The common thread among all three of these stories is that, in Seattle, central planning takes priority over people. In this case, they decided it was critically important to seize a parking lot from its 103-year-old owner so that it can be a parking lot. At least this is their stated justification.

The insanity increases..........   ::pullhair::

http://watchdog.org/112499/seattle-uses-eminent-domain-turn-parking-lot-parking-lot/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Seattle uses eminent domain to turn a parking lot into a parking lot
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »
Somebody needs a spanking.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
Somebody needs a spanking well placed bullet.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 07:23:21 AM »

Sometimes I just love being corrected!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »

Sometimes I just love being corrected!   ::thumbsup::

Thank you! I'm just trying to do my part in directing comments appropriately.  ::whoohoo::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
The Japanese had a concept of "do the honorable thing," which I can see that you understand. The question is, for someone without honor, how do we get them to "do the honorable thing?" Certainly none of us would want to cross clear moral lines. Honor and decency must be taught from birth, as I see it, or the end result is little more than an animal, running on instinct alone, with no qualities of love nor mercy.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »
Honor and decency must be taught from birth, as I see it, or the end result is little more than an animal, running on instinct alone, with no qualities of love nor mercy.

That's an excellent description of liberals, except they are void of instincts.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
I am not so sure that is true, OC. Consider the 'possum. He clearly has instincts. But, they are often not in his favor. (Fainting when an old man opens the back door is not an effective survival strategy) I would surmise that liberals HAVE instincts, it is just that they have no intellect to override them.

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 10:40:30 AM »
I'll accept your opinion!  ::beertoast::