Author Topic: A sad chapter in Polish Catholic history  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
A sad chapter in Polish Catholic history
« on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:07 PM »
At first reading this I had wondered if there was some Hollywood embellishment here from typical Christian-bashing leftists...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/aftermath-dares-unearth-terrible-secrets-651230

...but it appears the underlying story has a basis in fact...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/Jedwabne.html

...I guess well see how gratuitous Hollywood goes with the Catholic-bashing, but it is clear in this instance that the Polish Catholics in this town have a lot of sins to atone for.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: A sad chapter in Polish Catholic history
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »
this is truly a tragedy, but if one was to make a movie or write a book about every act of racial hatred, jewish discrimination or acts perpetrated by one religious group over another since the beginning of time there would not be enough space on Amazon for all the volumes.

When we are confronted with an isolated incident, we recoil from its intimacy, but, in fact, this is more representative of what we are as a tribal species. As I write this I am listening to a tv documentary on Medieval Europe and you don't even want to know how these groups treated each other. And western civilization may prove to be the best that the human race can produce as a template for human socialization.

this article was undoubtedly created to promote a movie debut and while it is tragic, it is not singular nor the worst and to think otherwise is to underestimate the capabilities of us.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 06:55:53 AM »
this is truly a tragedy, but if one was to make a movie or write a book about every act of racial hatred, jewish discrimination or acts perpetrated by one religious group over another since the beginning of time there would not be enough space on Amazon for all the volumes.

When we are confronted with an isolated incident, we recoil from its intimacy, but, in fact, this is more representative of what we are as a tribal species. As I write this I am listening to a tv documentary on Medieval Europe and you don't even want to know how these groups treated each other. And western civilization may prove to be the best that the human race can produce as a template for human socialization.

this article was undoubtedly created to promote a movie debut and while it is tragic, it is not singular nor the worst and to think otherwise is to underestimate the capabilities of us.

All quite true.  Reminds me of the ridiculousness of the ignoranti that comprise the bulk of the African-American Democrat Plantation dweller when they rant about slavery!  Really?!  They wan't to go down that road for real?  There is hard historical evidence that just about every race has committed some form of slavery or another...and African on African slavery and brutality is the most overlooked barbarity there is...so when it all comes down to it all races are guilty, all races are victims...the clock did not start in the 18th century and blacks have zero credibility in thinking their suffering was worse than anybody elses!  So whenever I hear the ignoranti spouting off about slavery and reparations I just cut to the chase and denounce them as fools, liars, racists and grifters.  I would have more respect for them (but certainly not like them any better) if they were honest and admitted all they are really after is prue vindictive retribution on all white folk (who after all are guilty of all sins committed by anybody's fathers and mothers if it fits their purpose)!  But the ignoranti have their agitators and since the ignoranti are who they are, there is little prospect that I can see that they'll ever cure themselves of this idiocy and will ride this crutch into their graves.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
Another Polish piece of history:

In 1940 thousands of Polish citizens were murdered by the Russians in what was later called the Kaytn Wood massacre. The Russians blamed it on the Germans and despite information to the contrary the Americans and Brits went along with the claim.  They didn't want to antagonize the Russians whom they viewed as an ally at the time.  It took decades for the truth to be revealed.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Katyn_Massacre

There's still plenty to be learned and understood from WWII I think.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
The Massacre in the Katyn Forest was mostly Polish army officers with some intelligentsia thrown in, just the sort of people commies always kill when in power.  It was part of Stalin's long game, so that when he later took over Poland, patriots and thinkers would be gone, making control of the rest of the population easier.  The corpses dug up by the Nazis had their hands tied behind their backs and single bullet holes in their skulls, typical Lubyanka execution protocol.

These were prisoners from the Soviet invasion of Poland, when the commies still had their Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.  The pact allowed for the split of Poland by the two invading armies in 1939.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:56:57 PM »
sort of proves that Patton was correct.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:12 AM »
sort of proves that Patton was correct.

Yup.  But that's what you get when you have an administrator with a desire to be President as a Supreme Allied Commander and a British ally willing to do anytning to keep as many people in the war against Germany as possible.  Not to pick on Winston, he did what he had to do for his emaciated nation to survive, and when the full scope of the Soviet grab in Eastern Europe was laid bare he rose to the challenge.

But think of how many people could have been saved from the Communists had they been eradicated then?!  Patton was too ahead of his time, history was not ready for his solution.

RickZ

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 07:02:12 AM »
But think of how many people could have been saved from the Communists had they been eradicated then?!  Patton was too ahead of his time, history was not ready for his solution.

310 million US citizens.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 07:50:47 AM »

310 million US citizens.

That alone would be a massive win!

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
Patton was our Epimonandas and we treated him just as badly.
Thomas Jefferson