Author Topic: Ron Paul to attempt rescue of Ken Cuccinelli in VA  (Read 1697 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Ron Paul to attempt rescue of Ken Cuccinelli in VA
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
I have to admit, after two presidential campaigns, and so many of his once ridiculed prognostications coming true before our eyes, I have come to admire Ron Paul. Not as the man I want to be president. But as a man of principle, determination, and love of country. I also have to ask myself how much of the negative perception he has suffered among conservatives was self-inflicted, and how much was the GOP establishment smear machine.

I know he holds some bad positions that hurt him among conservatives. But it seems to me now that my blinders re; the GOP have been removed, Ron Paul has had all the right enemies, all along. The same people that smear Ted Cruz smeared Ron Paul. That warms me up to him. Yeah, he's got some wacky ideas, and he's loopy in a Dennis Kucinich kinda way. But I no longer hold him in contempt in any way.

Ken Cuccinelli is about to lose the governor's race in VA to Leftist puke Clintonista Terry McCauliffe, and a hefty chunk (9% or so) of Virginians indicate they are voting for the Libertarian candidate. Cuccinelli has self-inflicted some wounds along the way. Ron Paul coming in at the last minute to attempt to sway Virginians away from the Libertarian and into the Cuccinelli camp is a bold move.

It may be too little too late. But I admire Paul even more for trying. He works to try to bring the GOP towards the libertarian viewpoint, but at the end of the day, he's a conservative Republican, and he's willing to help.

Ron Paul to campaign for Ken Cuccinelli Monday
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Ron Paul to attempt rescue of Ken Cuccinelli in VA
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »
I have a problem with the anti-Israel stuff. That is never going to go away for me. But I welcome his eleventh hour support for Cuccinelli. Better late than not at all, I suppose. Sure wish that it had been earlier, though...it would have been a lot more credible support.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »
I have a problem with the anti-Israel stuff. That is never going to go away for me. But I welcome his eleventh hour support for Cuccinelli. Better late than not at all, I suppose. Sure wish that it had been earlier, though...it would have been a lot more credible support.

I have a problem with his flirtation with 9/11 trutherism too. Those things notwithstanding, he's a far cry better than most Republicans in Washington DC.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 10:30:51 PM »

why do they wait until the 11th hour?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
It is basically a chickensh*t move. They wait until the last minute to endorse so that they minimize their exposure from negative fallout but, should the endorsee actually win, they get to claim that they helped and are therefore due a political favor of some kind.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 10:59:17 PM »
It is basically a chickensh*t move. They wait until the last minute to endorse so that they minimize their exposure from negative fallout but, should the endorsee actually win, they get to claim that they helped and are therefore due a political favor of some kind.

Well, I hate it. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:07:12 PM »
Paul's retiring though. He doesn't risk any negative fallout.

If I had to guess, in this instance, he wasn't considering an endorsement, but was solicited and convinced as a last ditch. It's been a 15 point blowout until that last couple days when it tightened. There wasn't much reason to endorse when it was a blowout. Now, when it is clear that the Libertarian in the race is likely tipping the race away from Cuccinelli, I'm sure the campaign is scrambling.

McCauliffe's campaign is receiving massive cash infusions in the final days. The Leftists really want this.

As a side note, McCauliffe has openly run on a gun control platform.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:15 PM »
That's the other side.  Cuccinelli didn't want the help maybe.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 01:11:16 AM »
It wouldn't even be a contest if not for northern Virginia, the suburbs of that fetid swamp on the Potomac. Large urban enclaves dictating to the rest of the country, and I've had enough of it. The resentment I now have for them can never be put back in the box, and I know it's the same for many others

Just remember that for liberals, the Live and Let Live philosophy is considered an imposition on them. It's like saying it is inhumane to remove a tick, because doing so denies it its natural diet.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

RickZ

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 01:26:34 AM »
Just remember that for liberals, the Live and Let Live philosophy is considered an imposition on them. It's like saying it is inhumane to remove a tick, because doing so denies it its natural diet.

Well sure.  Bloodsuckers have to stick together.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
That's the other side.  Cuccinelli didn't want the help maybe.

Very well could be. Probably even more likely.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »
Still, Paul's followers are legion and loyal to a fault...even at this late stage it might be enough, who knows...

It is what it is.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Fritz Pettyjohn

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »
I sent Cuccinelli $100 last week.  It would be a huge win.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 07:46:30 AM »
LaRaza?  What right they have participating in ANY way any US election?

http://nbclatino.com/2013/10/31/latino-groups-hope-immigration-has-impact-in-va-governors-race/

Outta be rounded up, put in cargo containers and shipped out to Idontgiveaflyingf**k!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »
Final stretch...

Rubio & Paul to campaign with Cuccinelli.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20131104/DA9RMHAG2.html

If this race is a referrendum then McAwful should have his ass royally kicked...if McAwful wins it is a lcear sign that such pronouncements were made by a in-the-tank media who knew the result of the election before a vote was cast...

Meanwhile, white Klan-ready democrat douchebag for LtGov refuses to shake hand of black Pubbie LtGov candidate.  So far whitle libiot racist only called on the carpet by by Dr Alveda King, no word from Obama, the Justice Bro's or any other leader of or resident of the democrat plantation...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/03/Civil-Rights-Leaders-React-to-VA-Dem-Lt-Gov-Candidate-Refusing-to-Shake-Opponent-s-Hand

Damned racist dem's...off with their racist heads!!!

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »
LaRaza?  What right they have participating in ANY way any US election?

http://nbclatino.com/2013/10/31/latino-groups-hope-immigration-has-impact-in-va-governors-race/

Outta be rounded up, put in cargo containers and shipped out to Idontgiveaflyingf**k!

Dropped in the deepest part of the sea to sink forever.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 01:43:30 PM »
Final stretch...

Rubio & Paul to campaign with Cuccinelli.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20131104/DA9RMHAG2.html

If this race is a referrendum then McAwful should have his ass royally kicked...if McAwful wins it is a lcear sign that such pronouncements were made by a in-the-tank media who knew the result of the election before a vote was cast...

Meanwhile, white Klan-ready democrat douchebag for LtGov refuses to shake hand of black Pubbie LtGov candidate.  So far whitle libiot racist only called on the carpet by by Dr Alveda King, no word from Obama, the Justice Bro's or any other leader of or resident of the democrat plantation...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/03/Civil-Rights-Leaders-React-to-VA-Dem-Lt-Gov-Candidate-Refusing-to-Shake-Opponent-s-Hand

Damned racist dem's...off with their racist heads!!!

That's a good point. They might be keen to paint this as a referendum on DumbassCare if they already know the Dem has it in the bag. It's all about the narrative, especially if they can turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. Personally I don't think Virginia can be seen as an indicator for much of anything. It has far too many Federal employees among its voter base. Like they're ever going to vote for anything that makes government the slightest bit smaller or less opulently funded.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »
Christie, who is expected to win by landslide has weighed in on this race

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 05:19:35 PM »
Christie, who is expected to win by landslide has weighed in on this race
I'd love for him to lose by a few hundred suddenly found votes. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 08:08:24 PM »
what about "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"  many a political and military campaign have been won with that concept.
I doubt if the romans, the franks or even the colonists would have been successful had they been too finely tuned as to whom they would associate.

the long view would be to defeat Mccauliffe, not to send a message to cuccianelli about proper party platform planks.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson