Topics > Hobbies & Crafts

Latest book you've read

<< < (2/26) > >>

Septugenarian:
Rush Revere.  It arrived in Friday's mail so I read it after lunch.  Like he says, it's good for kids,  quick easy read.

Now its back to The Islamic AntiChrist.

ChrstnHsbndFthr:
Assain's Quest, By Robin Hobbs, the third in a trilogy.......and now reading the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

whimsicalmamapig:
the Inheritance of Rome 500-1000 ad by Chris Wickham  sort of gives you the underlying set up of why Europe is the way it is plus it fills in a lot of gaps left in your average medieval history.

rustybayonet:
Just finished 'American Patriot' - the life and wars of Colonel Bud Day by Robert Coram

The Col. was in WWII as an enlisted Marine, then got his degree, (while in college was Army ROTC)commissioned in the Air Force.  Then Korea and Vietnam as a fighter pilot.  While in Vietnam shot down, captured, escaped, recaptured (less than one day from freedom) and held in the 'Hanoi Hilton' for almost 6 years.  Decorations 70 + combat ribbons including the Medal of Honor, the Air Medal with 9 Oak Leaf Clusters, and 12 campaign battle stars, the Air Force Cross, Silver Star, Distingushed Flying Cross with multiple Oak Leaf Clusters.  ( Oak Leaf Clusters are given instead of multiple identical medals).  While also becoming a Lawyer, and earning his Phd.
Sadly the Col. died this year on July 27, 2013 at 88 years of age.

If you are interested in history / military this book is a must.

RIP Col. Day     

Pandora:
Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep".  It was good; a friend lent her copy to me because I'm not giving him another cent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version